It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web developers versus web builders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you want a webpage without a preplanned structure, you must go for the cheapest “web developer”. They are all good, will impress you, give a fixed price and deliver. They will charge you a reasonable monthly price to register you domain and host you on their server. This will be mostly likely not be their own severs, but where they get a package deal and you pay a + percentage to make their business viable.
Now you need a site. The above mentioned are all still capable, but will force their specific free program style. If there is no free page related template available for a specific program “how to do”, good luck.
Now my rant is actually a question. How many real developers you think are out there, and how many you think just claimed to be. To me they are mostly builders, if a brick is missing; there is a hole in the wall. If you don’t accept it their way, I hope you didn’t pay a deposit.

So, anyone out there who gave up and decided to write their own, I will try to help with what I’m busy learning. I am however a beginner and not finish yet, but my little knowledge is free on personal messages. (No students – go to your class).

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

Unless a person really is unable, it always pays to DIY. I learnt by understanding what I wanted the page to do, then I'd search for some code that did it, then I'd break the code up into small working chunks and it wasn't long before I could write my own.
HTML Javascript and PHP gets you a long way to getting what you want from a page, once you get those into your head its not too difficult to get the rest sorted out.
Get XAMP or something similar setup, test on it, then sign up for one of the free hosting packages to practice in the wild

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Web Developer.... A person who builds websites.

Web Builder... A spider.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

new topics

top topics

join