It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's Water ( finally? ) Going MSM ...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Perfect example of what unbridled corporate greed and their friends in government does to all communities, this could very easily be changed from water to money and the system is the same. Funneling wealth/water out of a community.

The big problem that no one seems to be talking about in the MSM is that this is an ongoing drought which has resulted in the massive depletion of the water table.

They say this is one of the worst droughts in the history of the state, but they are lying, it IS the worst drought in the history of the state, it's 1000 times worse than any previous drought.

During previous droughts you had a reserve below ground, a day or two of rainfall and you would be back in business. Over the last ten years California has been pumping every drop out of the ground, dropping the water table to the absolute lowest it's ever been, with declining rain fall. Now it would take several months of solid rainfall just to get the water table back to a healthy level, and that's without any excess runoff.

Unless California sees several months of continuous and unending rainfall the state is well and truly f***ed.

There should have been restrictions in place more than a decade ago, the moment the first major well was dug. The moment you start tapping into the water table you need to be monitoring it, and if it stops replenishing each wet season YOU STOP.

California has done the very definition of raping and pillaging the environment, systematically, for decades, with the help and collusion of elected officials and their corporate buddies.

Mark my words, in the next couple of decades, unless something miraculous happens, there will be calls to charge those politicians with massive dereliction of duty, potentially the biggest failure in public office the US has ever seen.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

originally posted by: Enochstask
a reply to: mOjOm
It's not your place to tell your betters what to do.

Wow, you're not very good at this.

Anyway, my wife is from California and they have had restrictions before. Maybe they're just now realizing that "suggestions"aren't going to work anymore

They've had restrictions plenty of times, hell we have restrictions almost every summer in the UK, while seeing floods across the country almost every year!

The problem with California is that this is no longer just about the supply from runoff, this is about digging wells lower and lower and draining the water table dry.

This is something no one seems to get.

Floods are caused by rainfall on land that is already saturated, this is because the water table is healthy. It's a reserve of water below ground. California has not only been seeing less rain, they've also allowed almost complete depletion of that water table over decades of a corporate free-for-all.

It's like filling a bucket with gravel and only drinking from the top, with it refilling every time it rains. When it doesn't rain, you still have a bucket full of water and gravel that you can dig down into. Again, maybe after a year of drought it rains again and the bucket fills up to cover the little bit that you've taken out through digging wells. What California has done is see less rain, not thought about saving water, and continued to take more and more from that bucket until it's almost completely dry. Now when it rains, it might take years to get back up to a healthy level again, and with the amount of usage this is no longer possible.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations from "On the water" in Flori-Duh so it 'may' have alligator poop in it but it won't have any fluoride...

I was born in Napa and left the Republic in 2004 after I sold a 1292 sq ft. home for $445k in Cotati after paying $168,999.00 in 1994. Growing up first in Salinas then in Marin and Sonoma County there was always an eye out to conserve water. I remember You could receive a fine if You washed your car but that was the only enforcement besides threats of enforcement.

Nestle™ already has a subsidiary that sells bottled water but My personal thoughts are this is to drive the price of water upwards to screw the taxpayer to pay for water for 'their' Ag corp. that sells food to 'their' restaurants/prisons. "They" do this after extracting the US taxpayer with 'snip' like this:www.abovetopsecret.com...

These folks NEED to be held accountable, if not for You for the "other You"

namaste

Edit: www.motherjones.com...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added another link

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I was born in Napa and left the Republic in 2004 after I sold a 1292 sq ft. home for $445k in Cotati after paying $168,999.00 in 1994. Growing up first in Salinas then in Marin and Sonoma County there was always an eye out to conserve water. I remember You could receive a fine if You washed your car but that was the only enforcement besides threats of enforcement.

Nice job on your equity gain, a lot of us came out on top for once back then. Usually it's just the banksters who win. Yeah I remember those water regulations as well. You would think they would at least be that harsh today, but they only recently have woken up now that the dunce Gov. Brown finally did something 4 years too late. They are still half asleep out here though unfortunately.

The masses of ignorant herds here in occupied California will never allow it to sink in until the faucet and showers run dry. These people are clueless, I see them continue to waste water every single day. Idiots hosing leaves off their driveways while also watering their plants and lawns every single day, which is not needed. Still washing their cars too, and every other gas station has it's car washers going as well. Absolute insanity is what it is, the majority stuck on stupid.

Nestle™ already has a subsidiary that sells bottled water but My personal thoughts are this is to drive the price of water upwards to screw the taxpayer to pay for water for 'their' Ag corp. that sells food to 'their' restaurants/prisons.

Nestle North America Water is raping our rivers, and all for their own profit during a horrible drought. They should be shut down here in California. Their stupid small water bottles are a joke too, a couple gulps and into the land fill they go. Millions upon millions used in just one day. I would outlaw those small water bottles yesterday. Foolish Mortals.

~$heopleNation
edit on 9-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
A question I'd like ask on a sort of related subject.I've been watching Youtube videos about Death Valley prior to my visit there in a couple of months,and I see they've had flash floods there for the last four years (maybe more I didn't go back any further).Is this normal (if normal is still normal nowadays) for the hottest place on earth,and where does all this water go to,surely it must make a difference to the water problem in California?

A quick bump as I'd like to know the answer to this one please?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We don't get all that much rain in Cali. at this time so I'm sure you'll be safe. Most likely the water just goes into the ground or evaporates in the sun when it does happen. As far as helping our water situation, not really. What we really need is snow pack in the mountains for that which we aren't getting.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Well, then people should stop buying bottled water. Sure -- Nestle is selling it, but it's the people who are buying it (i.e., "it takes two to Tango").

I stopped buying bottle water years ago -- and I think I was ahead of the recent trend against bottled water. I know my daughter's college (a very liberal college) has banned bottled water altogether. They do not sell it, and they strongly urge students not to use bottled water.

edit on 4/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Ok thanks for that,I see about 2.5 inches of rainfall a year on average for Death Valley. We are experiencing climate change here in the UK with much milder winters (no snow at all in 2013 and just one day in 2014) down here in the deep deep south. We've also had well above average rainfall,so with the flash floods in Death Valley and mudslides on the coast near Malibu,we do seem to share some craziness in our weather patterns.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a dry June in California,if I want to listen to the rain I'd stay at home.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Flash floods in the desert is nothing new.

Nor are the mudlsides... I was born in california in the early 50s. Once people started building on the sides of hills and mountains it became news. When no one was living there, there was little effect of a slide so nothing newsworthy.

These are not new phenomena. If it rains in the desert there will be local areas of "flash flood" since the water has to run off somewhere and there are no existing streams. There are "old river beds" which are nothing more than an area which experiences periodic flash flooding when rains occur which results in some erosion which enhances pattern of water flow.

There is weather, and there is weather. The southwest has experienced periods of rain and drought since forever. It's funny how Boston's winter and snow is just weather for the deniers, but the southwest water issues are indicative of AGW.

Also funny how a couple decades ago the water problems were forecast due to the increase and extrapolated increase in population growth in the whole of the SW. Seems the issue was that the supply of water was limited and that as population continued to grow the outcome was simple to predict.

Now it's climate change that is responsible...not population growth.

Anything sound just a bit fishy here?

edit on 12-4-2015 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join