It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's Water ( finally? ) Going MSM ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
I'm not buying this load of crap one bit and I live in Los Angeles. If it were truly a code red, super duper level alert they would be closing down the all the tourist attractions that take water, then they would halt movie productions that needed a lot of water, fountains would be turned off I would have notices nailed to my door. They would of have cancelled that new train that takes people halfway to Las Vegas and drops them off in the middle of the desert, and applied that money to a desalination plant. This is a farce to raise taxes to pay for all of the illegals Obama flooded our state with.

and your backyard.

It's about the 60+% of water used by and wasted by Big Business in this state, agricultural and otherwise.
edit on 1-4-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'm not buying this load of crap one bit and I live in Los Angeles. If it were truly a code red, super duper level alert they would be closing down the all the tourist attractions that take water, then they would halt movie productions that needed a lot of water, fountains would be turned off I would have notices nailed to my door. They would of have cancelled that new train that takes people halfway to Las Vegas and drops them off in the middle of the desert, and applied that money to a desalination plant. This is a farce to raise taxes to pay for all of the illegals Obama flooded our state with.

You do realize...California is the first state to recycle sewage water for drinking. SEWAGE water lol. Desperate times calls for desperate actions
San Diego forced to recycle sewage into drinking water

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Nestle Water sounding better and better !!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

glug glug glug...ahhhhhh

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You could cut out the middle man and just hit it straight from the tap...Errrr ok that sounded better in my head. Lmao

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
And just what water restrictions have you been hit with? Are you not allowed to take showers, or have you been rationed to one cup of coffee a day? What I was saying is, I have seen no noticeable change in my water usage actions or have been told by the state officials how many times I am allowed to shower a day, but I have heard of a lot of talk about a water tax.
As far as you calling me a right wing nut job I think both parties are sick and I do not have an affiliation with either of them, maybe you should get to know someone before you stereotype them. I don't know you may have a long record of stereotyping people because that is how you were brought up and you can't help it.
Now for the illegals. If you have 10 cups of water for 10 Americans in a room that means each American gets 1 cup of water. If you add 10 illegals to that room and the constant being the 10 cups of water do the Americans now get more or less water? Now apply that to the state of California and figure in millions of illegals.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That's why I drink bottled water.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

and your backyard.

It's about the 60+% of water used by and wasted by Big Business in this state, agricultural and otherwise.

You people are funny! Okay you are right, there isn't one drop of water left in the whole state and I am only allowed to take showers on Wednesday. I sold my monthly 1 cup of coffee allowance from Starbucks on the black market for $100.00. I dare not take a crap because I am only allowed to flush my toilet on Sunday. You caught me in my web of lies you all were right I am wrong. We are on code level super duper highest warning water alert.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm
And just what water restrictions have you been hit with? Are you not allowed to take showers, or have you been rationed to one cup of coffee a day? What I was saying is, I have seen no noticeable change in my water usage actions or have been told by the state officials how many times I am allowed to shower a day, but I have heard of a lot of talk about a water tax.
As far as you calling me a right wing nut job I think both parties are sick and I do not have an affiliation with either of them, maybe you should get to know someone before you stereotype them. I don't know you may have a long record of stereotyping people because that is how you were brought up and you can't help it.
Now for the illegals. If you have 10 cups of water for 10 Americans in a room that means each American gets 1 cup of water. If you add 10 illegals to that room and the constant being the 10 cups of water do the Americans now get more or less water? Now apply that to the state of California and figure in millions of illegals.

Illegals? You sound like you're blaming immigrants for the water shortage. Instead of working out the problem of rationing cups of water for everyone and who's to blame, you've missed the entrepreneurial boat (so to speak). 40 years ago there was an environment movement to recycle. Everyone laughed. Now...recycling is big business. It's huge. There's courses now in university to train you to be a commercial environmentalist, advising big companies how to "trim the fat". If water rationing and sewage recycling becomes the norm, then instantly there would be a market for water consumption monitors, caps, regulators, what have you. Any small city would make you exceedingly wealthy.

Guess you're not an entrepreneur.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Sorry if I judged you wrong on the Right Wing Nut Job comment. Although I'm not sure if it still doesn't apply with all your Illegal and Obama outrage, but time will tell.

As for your "what if" scenario.

The 10 Americans get only 1 cup of water to share because they bi*ch about who has to go get it while the Mexicans get the other 9 cups. They share 5 between all of them, use 2 cups to make beer and the other 2 to grow some crops while listening to that horrible music they enjoy so much.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So you pay for water from your own aquifers, the same water that comes from your tap usually?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Actually California has been working on water conservation and reclaimation for 30 to 40 years. We've done all the easy things - now those are not enough.

It's never been considered 'sexy' enough to make the news in other parts of the world - so please don't denigrate those that have worked hard to get California's worries resolved.

No offense, but I'm calling bull#.

If all of the residents West of the Rockies were truly concerned about water conservation then there wouldn't be a single vibrant green lawn, golf course, or other significant waste of water to use as an example. You all have been essentially using water as your personal lubricant for the century long orgy that personifies California (or for that matter the entire Southwest)

And now, now you feel like it's time to complain that it's going in dry?

The fact is that the mega-farms actually contribute to massively to your GDP and employ tens of thousands, your lawn on the other hand is superfluous. I will note that I don't consider Nestle to be anywhere near as wholesome as say a pecan farm. It's sad to say but your days as a fruit/vegetable/nut exporter are numbered.

* as a side note, with California being soooo green how does a corporation that is responsible for millions of tons of single-use plastic bottle garbage continue to turn record profits? From my perspective, you all are diehard eco-warriors up until it's an inconvenience. I've used the same Nalgene bottle for 15 years as my source of 'bottled water'. You may be like minded, but millions of others aren't.

But in reality you will all eventually be forced to admit that you live in a semi-arid environment and it was only through luck, lots of money (state and federal) and several millennia's worth of easy aquifer water that allowed you all to kick this can to the point where restrictions are placed to prevent complimentary water with your lunch.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: FarleyWayne

You know, it wouldn't hurt to cap everyone's water meter.
[...]
Wasteful wasteful human beings. And anyone who says "don't worry" should be shot.

If you lived here and someone were telling you they were going to cap your water usage, you'd be screaming for them to be shot.

Water, water, everywhere. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting two streams, a river, and a lake.

Keep your government regulation on my water usage away from me

Have you ever wondered where most of that water comes from?

Left is Jan 2012 Right is Jan 2014 This year is supposed to be 25% less than 2014

You may have a problem.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Having studying this issue in Cali extensively, been watching it since the late 80s, and having lived in all parts of California, allow me to educate some of y'all on California and water.

First of all, unlike other parts of the United States, California has a definite "rainy season" and a definite "dry season" where it will NOT rain, and this is all due to the jet stream. Basic meteorology 101. Their rainy season, unless they get lucky, is over until somewhere towards the end of November.

The rain that falls in the lower elevation fills the arroyos, creeks and rivers and runs right into the ocean. Most of Cali, particularly the southern half, is a semi-arid desert. The chicanery and theft of water from other parts of the state by historical figures such as Mulholland is legendary, and it was his vision of water traveling hundreds of miles away to create the monster that is now Los Angeles and the surrounding suburbs that is responsible for 13 million residents now living in a part of the world that should have remained a tiny, dusty outpost. San Diego's metro area has over 3 million residents living in bucolic splendor that has a year round average temperature of 72 degrees and some of the highest real estate prices in the state. Far to the east, Owens and Mammoth lakes have been raped of their water, and although the residents fought to keep their water back at the beginning of the last century, they got screwed. Badly. They fought and blew up pipelines, but in the end, big money won out.

Those that held worthless land without a drop of water on it who were in the know suddeny became incredibly wealthy and were able to turn the desert green.

However, it is northern California that is blessed with year round rivers, the crown jewels being the Feather River, which runs through the mountains, clear and cold from the snow melt. The Sacramento River is cold all year round from the snow. How many times while I was in college up there did I tube down that river, drunk as heck, burnt on the front and white on the back. These rivers are tapped extensively and even the Feather, as far north as it is, finds it's way down to LA, where it is pumped thousands of feet over the mountains to fill the reservoirs in the Los Angeles metro area, where it sits in the open air evaporating in the dry heat. The snow melt is absolutely essential for California's water schemes. Without it, they are in a world of hurt.

San Francisco, LA and San Diego rely on northern and eastern waters to remain viable. So does the massive corporate farms that grow 80% of the salad crops for the USA. I've witnessed their ways of irrigation, and it is the most wasteful way imaginable. Any underground aquifers that are still being pumped are now drawing in ocean water, and soon the water will be saline and the ground salted, where nothing can grow. The lower San Joaquin valley already has this, with crystalline salt that looks like a like dusting of snow, and only the hardiest weeds grow in that destroyed region. Drive up I-5 around Bakersfield and tell me what you see.

You like salad? Look where your lettuce, broccoli, strawberries, celery, etc., come from. Read the labels. Start your own garden NOW....these crops are going to explode in price, where a head of lettuce from the Salinas valley (T&A Farms, Fox Farms, etc) will go from $2 a head to maybe $8. You like rice? Those geniuses in the north grow a large portion of it, which requires extensive watering per acre foot. You like almonds and walnuts? Expect the price to be out of range of most working families.

California has never had a STATEWIDE water restriction before. Locally, yes. Statewide, no. This is serious. You will pay through the nose for water like you cannot imagine. Cali will one day revert back to its desert roots. It IS unsustainable, unless there is a massive effort to save it via desalinazation, or as San Diego does, recycles its nasty water back because there is no natural water source down there. Their crops will be so expensive they will rot on the shelves. Farmers are already selling cattle because it's dry as a bone. April is usually the month where all the grass is green, the poppies are blooming and it looks like a paradise. It looks like September now. Watch for uncontrollable wildfires, and the water wasted trying to save homes from going up like kindling.

I left Cali 13 years ago because I saw the writing on the wall. They can try to stall this disaster with restrictions, etc., but like other civilizations that dried up and blew away, Cali will too. To fight mother nature and geography is a fool's dream. WAKE UP.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A'lot of us have been watching and reading about the situation for many years.

Some of us have payed more attention than others.

Anyone who finds this surprising, has not been paying attention.

When I saw this today in the News, The first thing that came to my mind was, "The West coast is gonna dry up and crumble like a cookie.

I am not a super religious person, But I do believe in the trinity.

I also believe that as human's we must pay attention to signs.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It's funny how you use illegals and immigrants interchangeably.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Why? Aren't they called illegal immigrants?

Back on topic...

There's a wolf culling going on right now to protect dying herds of elk. Those herds have been dying out for years but not because of the wolves. Killing wolves will only delay the inevitable. That's my analogy to counter your finger pointing.

edit on 1-4-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Such bs that corporate interests can deplete water resources and make a profit while literally sucking dry the entire region. I hope they dry up and destroy the nestle empire, but somehow don't affect the average person.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So Nestle can legally pull 80 million gallons a year at .65 cents per every 470 gallons.

80,000,000 / 470 = 170213 @ .65 = $110,639.00 per year at full production

Quick google for Nestle bottled water come back with 24 count pack of .5 liters for $10.00 or 3.3 gallons, we'll say 3 gallons to make it easy.

So 80,000,000 / 3 = 26,666,666 * $10.00 is $266,666,660.00

266,666,660 - 110,639 = $266,556,021.00

Now let's take half that money and say it's profit for nestle which should account for bottling shipping and accounting for the difference between their profit and markup and we are still looking at a clear profit of $133,278,010.5 or a little over 133 million dollars a year.

Someone may want to check all my math on that to make sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Meanwhile, at the Nestle Water factory in Sacramento, it's business as usual.

“The coalition is protesting Nestlé’s virtually unlimited use of water – up to 80 million gallons a year drawn from local aquifers – while Sacramentans (like other Californians) who use a mere 7 to 10 percent of total water used in the State of California, have had severe restrictions and limitations forced upon them,”

according to the coalition.

“Nestlé pays only 65 cents for each 470 gallons it pumps out of the ground – the same rate as an average residential water user. But the company can turn the area’s water around, and sell it back to Sacramento at mammoth profits,”

the coalition said.

www.globalresearch.ca...

A good documentary to watch would be Tapped. I saw it months ago on Netflix. People wonder why our cities and states are running out of water, there's your reason. Some city councils are allowing companies like Nestle to come in and pump the water without the town even knowing about it. The movie even goes into the making of the bottles and people having severe lung issues and cancer clusters in the towns where they make the bottles, not to mention the dried up lakes and rivers in towns having a ton of dead wildlife or aquatic animals from the empty bottles or rings being dumped in what's left of the water. If you can find the documentary, Tapped, I highly recommend it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join