It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama family prepares to welcome home baby born with rare facial condition....odd...hybrid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree that all babies are not all that attractive. Most give me the creeps because some are much more aware of their surroundings than they should be. they can be cute at times thogh.

I might be struck down for this, but that kid looks like a human version of Admiral Ackbar.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Heres hoping he is healthy and grows to be a happy kid.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Speak for yourself, I have my Harry Potter blanket to protect me.

Back on topic, He is so cute. You could just eat him up like a mini cupcake. Kids are so adorable when they are that small then later on they learn to talk.

As he gets older, he is going to get weird stares and some people are going to say some mean things because of the way he looks. It breaks my heart that some people are like that, but he has his parents to help him through it all.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
He's so cute!I'm sure he can be fitted with a prosthetic non functioning nose prior to reconstruction. I worry about medical bills for this poor family!!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wondering5740
He's so cute!I'm sure he can be fitted with a prosthetic non functioning nose prior to reconstruction. I worry about medical bills for this poor family!!

I think he's adorable. I would bet the family will have someone set up a donation fund for them or something. Hopefully they have decent Healthcare that will cover a lot of it too.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
According to the article, the mother was suffering from weight loss and vomiting. The doctors prescribed her some medication to control this. So either she was eating or drink something that had toxins that made the placenta make her want to vomit, or the medicines messed up the normal growth cascade of genes that would have created the nose and olfactory system.

The little guy was given a tracheostomy to help him breath regularly. The doctors will probably be playing around with MRI scans and 3D printing to see if they can print a nose for him or just fold skin tissue. They've got 16 years to do this.

It sounds like they're describing hyperemesis gravidarum. I've known a few women who had it, it's sucktacular & the meds were the only thing that kept them from miscarrying from malnutrition. As far as I know, all of the anti-emetic medications have some risk of deformation, albeit a very small risk. Then again, like with conjoined twins & stuff like mermaid syndrome, some things just don't develop as planned anyway. No process is 100% perfect & foolproof.
edit on 4/1/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Edit: Whoops, hit quote instead of edit. Sorry 'bout that.
edit on 4/1/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Aaawww, it's a little baby Krillin.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

lol yay someone else who thought the same thing as me!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I wonder if he has normal nasal airways behind the solid skin ? If so, a couple of slits should be made surgically, and immediately too. A simple issue such as a coughing fit or even light choking could suffocate the child. If no normal airways exist then i expect the poor guy will have a difficult life ahead.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Aww! He is darling, look at those thoughtful little eyes. Hopefully the little chap will have no troubles and grow up healthy and happy. Hoping the family will get some financial help for his care too.

Ha! 'Voldem---!'

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Here in Colorado, many women use cannabis to treat this terrible issue with great success.

Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Clinical Cannabis: To Eat or Not to Eat?
www.cannabis-med.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
damn mouth breathers!!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I would, but we tend to have quite a dark sense of humour, i know a family whos child was born premature and has health issues and the dark sense of humour the dad has sometimes takes my breathe away, but then you cant be dark and gloomy when bad things happen or your life just becomes joyless.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There was a time in the late 50's and 60's that babies were being born minus extremities, it was due to a drug called thalidomide that was given to pregnant women for nausea and morning sickness. Many deformities followed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
He is a cute little miracle!! Look at those eyes! .
I am guessing he will have friends lining up to help him keep any ignorant fools in check.

After going through the mandatory genetic testing and devlopmental testing pregnant women who conceive after age 35 go through here in the States, and considering all the hormonal, nutritional, physiological stars that have to align in perfect chronology to produce a healthy baby at delivery in any case, I am in awe that baby Eli is one of only 37 known cases of this specific problem. There is MUCH more to the gestation story than is taught in college 1st level biology.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank You OP for showing us this, all though I have a slight problem with the title.
You gained a flag for bringing it to my attention.

He is so cute.
Can we adobt him?
Can we have an ATS sponsered child?
Heck, come to think WE could sponsor kids and perhaps other groups. Hmmm.
WIS

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Beautiful baby! I want to hold him and sing to him.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Wow the second photo - the way the eyes are set - I think the baby is part fish from initial impressions. Maybe they should look for some undeveloped gills on the baby?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Omg must have a baby with no nose....uber cute.
Good luck to the likkle sprite.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join