It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama family prepares to welcome home baby born with rare facial condition....odd...hybrid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well this is certainly an odd story. This baby was born with no nose. Apparently it is 1 in 197 million that have this. Oddly the first thing that came to my mind was alien hybrid. Not that I am trying to make fun of the baby or anything, just that is what popped into my head. Seems he is pretty healthy other than that and will have to wait until at least puberty to have a reconstruction done to add a nose.

Source

When Eli was born at South Baldwin Hospital on March 4, weighing 6 pounds, 8 ounces, Dr. Craig Brown immediately placed him on Brandi's chest. As the doctor helped Troy cut the cord, Brandi looked at Eli for the first time.

"I pulled back and said, 'Something's wrong!' And the doctor said, 'No, he's perfectly fine.' Then I shouted, 'He doesn't have a nose!'"

edit on 4/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I've always thought babies looked like aliens, but this takes it to a whole new level, lol. He's cute as hell, too.
Would something like this class as a genetic mutation, or is it some other kind of disorder? If this kid goes on to have kids, are they going to be noseless?
edit on 1/4/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It looks like there may have been a teletubby in the wood pile.
Poor kid.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

I've always thought babies looked like aliens, but this takes it to a whole new level, lol. He's cute as hell, too.
Would something like this class as a genetic mutation, or is it some other kind of disorder? If this kid goes on to have kids, are they going to be noseless?

Yeah...he is oddly cute isn't he? I am sure he is going to have a lot of obstacles to overcome because of this though.

I would guess it is a genetic mutation, but apparently there are only 37 cases ever recorded of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ah bless him.

His Dad's gunna have a hard time playing got your nose.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You see a baby with a birth issue and the first thing you can think of is alien hybrid. I am sorry to say you are messed up.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Ah bless him.

Not really....The dad will actually be able to pull that one off easier than normal!

What a little cutie pie he is though! A little different looking, but cute all the same!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is empathy and compassion completely gone in today's world......From the looks of it yes. It is a baby that is having a hard time with some birth/health issues. Pathetic.

Are people born without a hand aliens also..........What about skin conditions.....YEP they must be hybrids. In this sad world we live in today the first instinct of many is to jump to conclusions like this or to poke fun.

Is it any wonder why this world and humanity are failing. Empathy and compassion are learned traits and in short order it seems. Place yourself in the parents shoes and imagine how much they are worrying.
edit on 1-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the kid is adorable.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Ah bless him.

I also bet his dad is going to have a lot of sleepless nights worrying. I also bet his dad is going to have huge medical bills that he will worry about.

Are things like this really funny..........If you say yes......You should rethink what is funny.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Is it any wonder why this world and humanity are failing. Empathy and compassion are learned traits and in short order it seems. Place yourself in the parents shoes and imagine how much they are worrying.

They are worrying like crazy I am sure, what parents wouldn't be worried? That's the reason they let the photos out to the media....So you could show empathy and compassion to them....Just because people say a kid doesn't look normal doesn't mean they aren't sympathetic, they are telling the truth and their opinion....This is not admission of guilt to being mean or cruel!

I feel for the parents and this child, although their child is unique he is also a little cutie pie! And these people you call mean would be the first to jump in and donate if this family needed financial help in any way...The people commenting one way or another care, even if they aren't commenting to your standards they really do care!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yeah...he is oddly cute isn't he? I am sure he is going to have a lot of obstacles to overcome because of this though.

He could always he a part nose donation from Keven Bacon

Ok low joke

It looks a horrid condition.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Is the child at the playground making fun of the kid in the wheelchair showing empathy.....COME ON. I am not some young minded fool I have seen this world.

If it walks like a duck.......In my eyes poking fun or calling this child an alien hybrid shows a lack of empathy and compassion. Call it for what it is.........

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Cute baby, glad he is healthy.

And no-ones made a "Voldemort" joke?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Very strange indeed; but with all the geneticly modified foods, drinks and nasty stuff we stick in our bodies for pleasuring our tongues; genetical alterations are a given imo.

Maybe this baby will be a significant leader or powerful voice one day. Who knows, bless its soul on the path to self discovery.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If they can grow a human ear on a mouses back.... How bout a human nose on a humans face?

probably way too complicated huh....

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am not saying that was a caring response calling this cutie pie a hybrid...Although the OP did make other comments that showed care, that was low I agree....But I am saying just because someone makes a poor word choice doesn't mean he/she doesn't care....I agree thinking better wording could have been used, but let's be honest here...The child looks different, there is no hiding from it or prettying up the comments about him...That doesn't mean I don't care or am being mean though, that's all I am saying..

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I fear the day he goes to school or day care and the other kids pick on him. In the pictures you can tell - like with all infants - he is uncorrupted and just so beautiful. Then cruel things happen, people do and say unthinkable things and someone with a beautiful soul can become a hateful human being
I pray that he is able to overcome any challenges like this, and don't take away from his potential to do good in the world.

Thoughts with the family and the child - with medical advances I bet eventually he will be able to breath like you or I and will have a nose that looks and feels like most peoples'.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I am not saying that was a caring response calling this cutie pie a hybrid...Although the OP did make other comments that showed care, that was low I agree....But I am saying just because someone makes a poor word choice doesn't mean he/she doesn't care....I agree thinking better wording could have been used, but let's be honest here...The child looks different, there is no hiding from it or prettying up the comments about him...That doesn't mean I don't care or am being mean though, that's all I am saying..

I stand by what I said......Anyone calling this baby an alien or making fun of his medical issues are sad and pathetic. Empathy is in short supply these days.

Put yourself in the parents shoes and imagine the amount of worry.....Really imagine you are the parent. Would you still be making comments like this if he was your son.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join