It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over population, over comsumption - in Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Found this and thought it would be worth sharing...I cried a little.
How do you raise awareness about population explosion? One group thought that the simplest way would be to show people..

HERE

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

These pictures and link have been posted before, can't remember the title.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Aquaculture,hydroponics,desalination we have the technologies to feed the masses its a matter of whether the corporations will allow us to solve our problems.On a cruise recently I saw disgusting fat people who had disgorged so much they were no longer capable of bipedal transport all there in their electric carts in the buffet piling their plates to the high heavens these people are the cause your photos are the effect.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

S&F for you on such an important issue. Its about time people who want large families lived up to their responsibilities and population control was taken out from the cultural and PC world of false values and made main stream. People need to know that this planet operates within certain perimeters and once these have been crossed over, there is no turning back and we will starve, or die from polluted water or some other effect of over population. The first thing we will face is war for commodities.

Europe cannot keep taking people just because they think they can bulldoze their way into it via leaky boats or illegal means. The countries that are over populated need to deal with the problems they have and that is not by a brain drain or the fittest leaving and it time this was on the agenda of every country's government in the world to help. Those pictures are horrifying and I doubt they are the only examples of what is happening with over population.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
These types of visuals are why I'm stumped when people consider the possibility of AI intelligence to be our "friends".

No matter how you cut it. When you look at us as a species with cold hard logic utilizing only facts, and not emotions, we are nothing but a disease. The race to create an artificial intelligence will ironically have the reward or our destruction.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
These are depressing pictures. I like nature. This is just the tip of the iceberg, the part you can easily see.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Join in the discussion here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thomas Malthus was one of the first more modern philosophers to address the issue of overpopulation. In 1798 he began making predictions on what he considered to be the problem of un-checked human population growth. He has been held as insightful by many and as a misguided fool by others.

More recently bringing attention to the growth problem was Paul Ehrlich in 1968 in his best seller "The Population Bomb" which offered dire warnings of starvation unless there was a concerted effort at population control.

One of the first environmental protests was organized by Stewart Brand in 1969 to call attention to the population problem.

Liferaft Earth.
Rare article.
" Stewart Brand is showing legendary photographer Robert Frank's documentary about Stewart's crazy 1969 "happening" in which a bunch of hippies cornered themselves into a parking lot life boat and fasted -- once you left you couldn't come back in -- to highlight global overpopulation."

I was one of those crazy hippies in that protest. We fasted for seven days but got little news coverage beyond the SF bay area. To this day it is next to impossible to find reference to this event. That book and that event did much to effect my personal life for the next decades.

However that article continues with this
"Stewart will be showing this rare film on Friday at Fort Mason (SF) while highlighting Stewart's newest fear -- global DEpopulation. It is not often someone changes their mind with such public nakedness."

[ Birthrates are plummeting worldwide. Already half the world has "sub-replacement" birthrates. The dearth of babies coming means the makeup of human populations is about to change drastically, and that will affect everything. Radical population increase defined the 20th century; radical population decrease could well define our current century. This form of decrease---losing the young and keeping the old--- is something humanity has never experienced before.]

Seems that these concerns along with the fact that in the faltering global economy parents find they can no longer support and raise more than one or two children is indeed bringing about the halt in population growth. In the past, overpopulation and the other bomb, human refuse(garbage) were thought to go hand in hand. Now, however, though the population trend is changing, the growth of human refuse continues unabated. As your pictures present.

We are still in the thrall, as khnum offers above, to over and non-sustainable consumption.

Thanks for the pictures. It is always good to be reminded

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

One quote amongst the pictures.

‘I don’t understand why when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something created by nature we call it progress.’ Ed Begley, Jr.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Remember you don't have to worry about overpopulation because the Illuminati was going to cull the herd, or was that last weeks mantra and this week we are back on the overpopulation thingy again. I get so lost on the conspiracy crazes. I'm going back over to the thread where the OP was rattling on and on about the Fatima but not saying anything. At least there I can pretend to side with whatever the OP is against.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Many people on here will try to tell you that "we don't have an overpopulation problem" or the "planet can sustain twice as many people as there are alive now" etc.

This may or may not be true, but they seem to forget about Nature, and our symbiosis to her. What about the other sentient creatures we share this planet with? This issue is far far more complex than just being about space and resources.

I've always felt that the Earth does not belong to us, we just are lucky enough to happen to live here.

And we are wrecking the place.

edit on 1-4-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Nature always sorts out overpopulation issues study rats,cockroaches or any other animal that has overpopulation events what is disturbing is the behavior along the way to the solution includes cannibalism and eating your own young.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That's true.

Unless you believe in divine intervention or extraterrestrial interference then everything we humans do is natural in a way, and therefore we are still subjects to the laws of nature.

It doesn't bode well for us.

edit on 1-4-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ugh....we are such a stupid species to allow this happen....sadly most people turn a blind eye top this mass destruction we are causing,all in the name of protecting their lifestyles.....out of sight out of mind...this way of thinking so needs to change.....

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If anyone wants to depopulate the world they should just start with themselves and do the rest of us a favor.

top topics

join