It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this ET? Mystery of strange radio bursts from space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The signals are almost certainly artificial in nature, whether man made or ET. If ET though, they are purposefully being sent to earth; the mean arrival time of these signals is strongly correlated to integers of earth time, specifically our seconds as a unit of measurement. The average arrival time of fast radio bursts at 1500 MHz (because of the dispersion the arrival time is frequency-dependent) are -.12 +/- 0.08s relative to integer seconds of UT.
arxiv.org...
That is almost certainly not a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
The signals are almost certainly artificial in nature, whether man made or ET. If ET though, they are purposefully being sent to earth; the mean arrival time of these signals is strongly correlated to integers of earth time, specifically our seconds as a unit of measurement. The average arrival time of fast radio bursts at 1500 MHz (because of the dispersion the arrival time is frequency-dependent) are -.12 +/- 0.08s relative to integer seconds of UT.
arxiv.org...
That is almost certainly not a coincidence.

If they are ETs, the signal is not coming from very far, except if they are incredibly advanced civilization. Maybe we have neighbors, who are hiding. If it comes from further, only way to produce enough energy for these burst-transmissions would be using so called "Dyson sphere" which covers the entire star, gathering almost all of its energy output. Or they could have massive fusion reactors, where gas giants are used as fuel. They would have mastered the intergalactic traveling. If that is the case, we should be very afraid, except if they are peaceful.

Or it could come from the Earth. I bet many of you have heard about Black Knight Satellite. Maybe it's invisible, sending the signal, but what for? Maybe it's a beacon, or something else.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
just a thought on the bell thing mentioned but there was a word invented so you would have something to say when answering the phone HELLO.. maybe they are returning our call

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Outside of some alarmist new articles, there isn't anything to even remotely suggest that these bursts are artificial. Read the source paper. Out of the whopping 10 measurements they have, none are exactly 187.5, or any multiple thereof, and the margin of error is +-5%. Statistically, for about every 2000 random numbers you generate, you'll get a series of 10 that fit into a pattern like this....

Unknown? Interesting? Absolutely. But extraterrestrial in nature? It's not impossible, but there isn't any data whateoever to support such a conclusion....

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThebelI bet many of you have heard about Black Knight Satellite. Maybe it's invisible, sending the signal, but what for? Maybe it's a beacon, or something else.

Don't be so naive. The "Black Knight Satellite" was, in reality, a trunnion pin thermal cover that was accidentally let go during an EVA on STS-88, and is well-documented as such.

Deny Ignorance, don't embrace it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

What zombie cult figure birth?? I dont get it...

If indeed it is contact with a Type II civilization, it's possible that they have been tracking us for some time. Maybe from the beginning of human kind.. who knows.

Thus, they would know about our discoveries and Bell's discovery being one of them...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

The research quoted suggests artificial /galactic / possibly human (due to time signals), and requires further tests, which should be soon.

It could be a factor that if it was artificial / galactic, it could be intelligent /extraterrestrial and aware of human time signals, which suggests communication.

arxiv.org...

edit on 1-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Only makes sense IF faster than light communication exists... or the "aliens" are closer than another star system.

ANd the 'zombie cult figure' (jokingly) referred to A.D. dating system... starting from the Christian cult figure, is what I meant.

Sorry... I'm admittedly an accidental cypher sometimes.

edit on 4/1/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Ahh got it

I'm also wondering if there are recordings.. Anyone that has more info on radio waves will be greatly appreciated

edit on 1-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Hmm... well if YOU say they are almost certainly artificial, I'll listen. This is ...riveting.

Wow... what are the options here? I'm admittedly biased against aliens using radio waves ( eta for communication- maybe a by-product of tech) ... unless they are familiar with us, anyway, but ... but... ?

Clandestine human activities in space? Ancient human/alien satellite/probe? Any scuttlebutt or half-arsed guesses?

edit on 4/1/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It seems funny that 187,5 could be pointing to the year 1875 as another member mentioned - the year of the first real audio recording by Edison.

What's even more interesting is that when you're working with nowadays audio recording technology (like I do on a daily basis), you will be working with high "samplerates" to digitize analog signals.

The most common high definition samplerates are 48 kHz (48000 Hz), 96 kHz (96000 Hz) and even 192 kHz (192000 Hz, for REALLY high resolution).

And funnily..all these samplerates can be devided by 187,5 in a nice way:

187,5 x 256 = 48 000
187,5 x 512 = 96 000
187,5 x 1024 = 192 000

Whatever that means.....I just thought it was a strange coincidence.....

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

I am always sad when things like SETI get critiqued by various places (the media and politicians mainly) due to lack of results. Yet we've only being going a very short time, and space is huge. Assuming the speed of communication is forced to the speed of light, its a needle in the haystack kind of deal. You just have to keep looking, and looking.

Every now and again we get promising things like this (the reason for the thread), the media will likely go bonkers for it. You get the odd scientist or two (*cough* Hawkings *cough*) who fear monger over reaching out to these theoretical "Alien cultures". Yet we've been throwing radio waves out into space for over a century (so we've reached about 100 light years away with weak signals, and lets say 50 with stronger).

Even if we find these signals are alien, they are artifacts (like a fossil at worst, or badly lagged skype message at the very best).

I really want to believe (sorry Fox and Mulder) that this is a real sign. Anyone who follows my posts here, know I am a really skeptical Scientist (and Pagan), but at my heart I really want to not be alone with my other damn dirty apes here in the universe

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: jonnywhite

I know of a researched that was told to shut up about certain signals and a mundane explanation given. They weren't mundane signals nor were they explainable unless from extraterrestrial intelligence sources and purposeful as there wasn't uniformity, a pattern was established. IMO there is more communication than that which filters to MSM.

It doesn't have to be alien/extraterrestrial. It could be related to a secret space program. I don't see aliens using radio signals for communication, but some of our advanced and secret space craft probably still do.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Oh come now, none of this "I have a friend" or "I know of a researcher" (neither of whom can be named) who were shut down by the government/church/the man. Those sort of stories and comments do not help ignore ignorance, or further human knowledge. They are typical straw men arguments. If you look at the world, governments can't keep anything secret these days, so I doubt something like this would remain hidden. Why? Goverment, and corporations are incompetents like the rest of us

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You guys might find this interesting, 30th anniversary report of the wow signal:
www.bigear.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I don't think theabsolutetruth would lie.

👣

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: droneonline

Interesting.

When I was about 4 I wrote an equation in an old diary that has always made me wonder how it worked, I vividly recall it worked perfectly at the time, it felt like a eureka moment and has always stayed in my mind.

Pretty sure the numbers involved were 1875, it looked something like :

1 7
X = 1875
8 5

edit on 1-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

While I tend to agree with you for the most part, there are some very serious people doing very serious jobs keeping highly sensitive things secret. These people are very good at what they do.

These types of people wouldn't be your typical IRS federal employee, either.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

All that I said is true. I am educated and have educated friends, some are physicists that have worked on research I have reason to believe it's true.

I didn't say anything about them being shut down by governments or any of the sensationalist stuff , they were 'moved department'. And the signal thing was just brushed away as inconsequential.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Thank you, as I said, it's true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join