It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoner 'absconder policy' is ruled unlawful by High Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

A government policy to ban inmates with a history of absconding from being transferred to open prisons has been declared unlawful by senior judges.

BBC news

More proof how the UK legal system has completely lost the plot!

First we start giving serial pedophiles 3 years prison sentences and now if you escape from prison then you can still get put in a open prison?

I want to know were we dredge these judges up from? And what the hell are they smoking?

If you run off from prison you should go to a more secure prison and bloody well stay there!

edit on 1-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ahhh the UK Injustice System...

Always full of wonder.

It's a Police State or a Paedo State...

Or anything between the two...

Never a Free State.

Kinda glad I was born into it, cos I'd be locked up now for killing judges of I was around before the constant surveillance and Paedo Rights took control of our little Island.

SickSickSick!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

A government policy to ban inmates with a history of absconding from being transferred to open prisons has been declared unlawful by senior judges.

BBC news

More proof how the UK legal system has completely lost the plot!

First we start giving serial pedophiles 3 years prison sentences and now if you escape from prison then you can still get put in a open prison?

I want to know were we dredge these judges up from? And what the hell are they smoking?

If you run off from prison you should go to a more secure prison and bloody well stay there!

If the escapees were caught again, sentenced again for the new crime, and they do that new time, then why wouldn't they be able to go to an open prison? If they serve their time then havent they served their debt to society?

What if it was a completely unrelated non aggrivated crime? Should they still be thrown into a hole for what they already served their time for in full.

That is the problem with society today, multitudes of people serve sentences to only get out and treated by the world like they are still a prisoner, a criminal for life.

I believe that if you serve the time that the judge/jury has given you, then you should be able to have a clean slate. If you mess up just get more time the next sentence

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

They haven't served there time they are still in the prison system.

A open prison should be a luxury, a reward for GOOD Behavior not a right.

If you have history of running off and escaping its stupid to put them in a prison you can escape from.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Are these "Open Prisons" or Category D prisons like a work release facility? The article mentioned that inmates were able to leave for a few hours or even overnight, so the only reason I could see this being the reason is that they go to work or are allowed to stay with family as long as the court knows where they are. if that is the reason they are able to leave, they are supposed to be back at a certain time or else they are declared an absconder. I dont know about UK but from my own jail experience in the U.S. (one week) I was able to leave for work. I could leave jail an hour before my shift and had to be back an hour after it ended. i had to take the bus since they don't allow personal vehicles to be parked at jail and the nearest bustop was 1.5 miles away and the bus didn't even stop there until I was supposed to be at work, plus the bus doesn't even run at night when I got off work, so I was late getting back a few times and was considered an escapee once when I was an hour late. I explained the situation and it wasn't a big deal.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: crazyewok

Are these "Open Prisons" or Category D prisons like a work release facility? The article mentioned that inmates were able to leave for a few hours or even overnight, so the only reason I could see this being the reason is that they go to work or are allowed to stay with family as long as the court knows where they are. if that is the reason they are able to leave, they are supposed to be back at a certain time or else they are declared an absconder. I dont know about UK but from my own jail experience in the U.S. (one week) I was able to leave for work. I could leave jail an hour before my shift and had to be back an hour after it ended. i had to take the bus since they don't allow personal vehicles to be parked at jail and the nearest bustop was 1.5 miles away and the bus didn't even stop there until I was supposed to be at work, plus the bus doesn't even run at night when I got off work, so I was late getting back a few times and was considered an escapee once when I was an hour late. I explained the situation and it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah pretty much what your saying.

But we have had some issue beyond people being back a few hours late. We have had a few just run off and I think those are the sort the government wanted to block being allowed back into the open prisons.

new topics

top topics

join