It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headin' to Oahu...any thoughts on cheap family stuff to do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

A few years ago I got to stay on that island. It was work related and we got to rent a house 100 yards from the ocean along Waimanalo Beach. Our crew would work in the house for an hour or so and then go spend as much time on the beach as possible. When we had to go down town it was nothing special. Just like any other tourist city in most countries.
The drive from the beach to downtown took you in a loop around the island and of course there was traffic. The temp was a nice cool 80 something day and night. The ocean was just as warm at night as the day.
If i didn't have family in the states that relied on me I would have gone homeless and lived there myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm heading to Maui in Oct. From my experiences from when I was stationed in Pearl, were lots of free things. The old highway that goes over the top of the mountain to Koneohe(sp?) Bay. And then there's H2 or H3 (the tunnel). Would suggest going thru after a storm, the waterfalls and then the clouds being blown over the mountaintops is really cool too.

Blowhole is a cool little pullout on the way to Haunauma Bay. There's also sand beach (I think its called) where you can actually do some smaller wave surfing (body/boogie). The old aquarium is right next to Magnum P.I.'s house as well as the Real World house. That was 15 yrs ago, so that might have been redeveloped. Diamondhead is really cool, but expect a big hike, the view from top is worth it.

If you can make it onto Ford Island for the Arizona tour I would recommend highly. You'll get to see the Missouri I believe who is moored next to her. Her deck guns are freaking huge! And by huge I mean huge. 9 - 16 inchers I believe. It's amazing how big that ship is. There's also a WWII era submarine thats across from the Island moored next to the bridge, I'm not sure how much tours are for that, but it might be worth a look if that's your sort of thing.

Have fun over there. Don't let the tourists get to you, but honestly I think this is tapering off of the main tourist season anyway. Waikiki beach is cool, it doesn't have any big waves, quite a few breaks set up, and I believe lifeguards on duty as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Aw honey that was supposed to be a joke. Hey you're going to Hawaii man. I'm just jealous don't pay any attention to my bitter posts.

Sorry it didn't translate. It caught me on a day I was a bit sidetracked with other things happening in life that kinda suck (for some friends of ours).

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sorry. Tomorrow's a new day.
ALOHA means hello
ALOHA means I love you and
ALOHA means good bye.
And here's one you can use on your wife.
Honni kowa wiki wiki

that's a phoenetic spelling and it means give me a kiss.
Have a great trip.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join