It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LHC Confirms the Existence of the "Force"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"ATS , I am your father!"

Well, not really but scientists at the Large Hadron Collider have made a discovery right ouut of Star Wars. The Force is real!

Physics. You never know what's next — first we had gravity and electromagnetic force, then scientists told us about the strong and the weak force, but none of that matters now, as CERN scientists confirmed Wednesday they've found strong evidence for the existence of the Force.

That's right, all you other forces can move along now, because there's only one Force that's typed with a capital F, and that's the Star Wars variety.

The technical ramifications of this great discovery, facilitated by the use of CERN's Large Hadron Collider, are too complex to go into right now. Suffice to say that what you so far perceived as gravity, was some prankster Jedi using his powers to keep stuff attached to the Earth. Yes, the man has literally been holding you down all this time.

According to said CERN theorist Ben Kenobi of the University of Mos Eisley, Tatooine, The Force is “an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us; and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.”

For details, refer to Kenobi's upcoming paper, "May the Force be with EU."

Pretty cool eh, ATS?!! It looks like "A long Time Ago in A Galaxy Far Away" starts right here, right now with this new discovery. What says ATS?

mashable.com...

[Mod Edit] Moved to HOAX...cause...well...Ben Kenobi..
edit on 4/1/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

According to said CERN theorist Ben Kenobi of the University of Mos Eisley, Tatooine, The Force is “an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us; and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.”

A theorist named Ben Kenobi that studies at a school on Tatooine? Please tell me you know this is an April Fool's joke?

Or maybe this is your version of fooling ATS?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sometimes April Fools joke threads are too obvious. A few years ago mine should have won a prize, and I would be crowned biggest April Fool (wait, what?). It was eventually put into the joke forum, but started out fine and dandy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-4-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
CERN theorist Ben Kenobi? April Fool!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
A theorist named Ben Kenobi that studies at a school on Tatooine? Please tell me you know this is an April Fool's joke?

This is not the thread you are looking for. Move along, move along.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

From CERN:

"We hope to continue to study the Force, and perhaps use it to open doors with our minds and fly around and stuff," said TIE experimentalist Fan Buoi. "Right now, to be honest, I don't really care how it works. The theory department have some crackpot idea about life forms called midi-chlorians, but frankly I think that poorly thought out explanations like that just detract from how cool the Force really is."
With the research ongoing, many at CERN are already predicting that the Force will awaken later this year.
*Sources close to the Data Centre later revealed that these were not the droids they were looking for.

home.web.cern.ch...

Sorry mate, it seems the CERN has a sense of humour.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Well that escalated very quickly and descended into the never regions of ATS...

Shame really, seemed quite funny I thought!

Especially the "dancing on her grave part"

edit on 1-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't, I don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok well witches have always known that it's better if most people laugh at this . If they don't believe in it they won't use it.
Carry on mere mortals. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You dont need a LHC for that..

top topics

join