It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry would win in 2016, especially in a Kerry-Bush "rematch"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
With journalists and others knocking Hillary Clinton around like a badminton bird, and with the weight of her and her husband's missteps to play with, it's hard to see her getting the U.S. Democratic nomination in 2016 unless everyone else rolls over. Which brings us to.....John Kerry.

Kerry is quietly (well, sometimes loudly) picking up his resume as Secretary of State, is trying to pull off Middle East wars and peace through a maze of contradicting alliances and deals, and I have to think that in the back (or front) of his mind he's looking at a Kerry-Bush rematch (although, of course, with the second bird in the Bush).

He'd beat Jeb Bush easily. The dynamics of a Clinton-Bush race depress everyone who thinks of it, but Kerry-Bush? An ideal comeback for the Secretary of State. He will not be swift-boated this time, and will not be demeaned by people mocking his manhood because he sail-skied. If the stars align, and Clinton decides not to go for it or falters early, Kerry probably has his ducks in a row and people waiting.

Kerry is sail-skiing under the radar now, even ATS didn't list him in the recent "Who'd you like for President?" poll, and I'm not hearing his name mentioned for prez on cable news programs. So when his name does start to become thrown around, probably when the Hillary negatives really start to affect her poll numbers and after Jeb formally announces, I think an almost bandwagon effect may occur. You read It here first (if you've read this far). I think Jeb Bush and the GOP have thought of this scenario, and betçha it makes them nervous.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

As an outsider, I am wondering how much past accusations and revelations stick to a potential candidate. When he was running against GWB, Kerry was almost skinned alive and that damaged his reputation, while GWB was shown to be clumsy, receiving prompts through an ill-concealed ear peace pack, yet the party put GWB in.

edit on 1-4-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ewww.

All these retreads. Is this all we have for candidates is the same old same old garbage? Ugh.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think SoS Kerry would "Bush" the Democrats chances of control of the executive.

A Bush would win too...

Interesting times... thing is, you can even see this scenario play out.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have a hard time believing Secretary of State Lurch could ever win the nomination.

Hey, but if I am wrong, I give you permission to pillage my house in a manner reminiscent of Genghis Khan.

edit on 1-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

He would just be "swift-boated" again like 1998.

Do you really want a repeat of their truth?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'd have to question the sanity of anyone that cast a vote for either.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't' think he'd have enough corporate support to fill his coffers for a run against Jeb.

SuperPac money is hard to come by if you don't say the right things. And Kerry has just been, well pretty much out of the limelight for a very, very long time.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have a hard time believing Secretary of State Lurch could ever win the nomination.

Hey, but if I am wrong, I give you permission to pillage my house in the manner of Genghis Khan.

Will keep this post on my bedpost. When the time comes, please leave your home because you would be horrified at the pillage that will take place (p.s. leave the good stuff in plain sight, so I won't have to pillage as hard).

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

If Jeb Bush already has the nom wrapped up by mid-primary season, then Kerry makes much more sense than Hillary Clinton. A Clinton-Bush runoff seems old and boring, but if Kerry comes in for a second chance against Bush and his brothers and fathers advisors and hangers-on, that puts a new dynamic into it. Kerry will come across as a vindicator of the 2004 election and its accumulated mistruths which were thrown around like gum at a gum-manufacturers convention.

And no, I would think long about voting for Kerry, or Hillary, and a lot would depend on promises made and choice of running mate. The most likely running mates (unless Bush makes a deal with Walker, which is likely) will both come from Ohio, the governor for the GOP and Senator Brown for Kerry or Clinton.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Okay, It's April the first....Kerry for Pressy?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How would Kerry respond to comment that as Sec of State under Obama he has actively worked towards making a Nuclear Iran a reality? That as Sec of State he has further alienated long time allies in the Middle East and further destabilized the region, creating more terrorists in the process?

No Swift Boats were required for those two questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Ewww.

All these retreads. Is this all we have for candidates is the same old same old garbage? Ugh.

Gotta be some kind of clue? Like a bad TV rerun. We've seen all the episodes but they keep playing them over and over.

Kerry superstar talking up peace in Iran… look how we work so hard for a peaceful resolution. Peace, peace, peeeece… everyone is lulled to sleep by it.

Meanwhile in Yemen…

Syria…

Tikrit, Iraq

edit on 1-4-2015 by intrptr because: YouTubes

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Congratulations! You are the one guy on the planet rooting for Kerry. LOL!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
With Hillary undeclared it makes you wonder if she is just not acting as a diversion for JK to step in late to reduce his beatings.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
How would Kerry respond to comment that as Sec of State under Obama he has actively worked towards making a Nuclear Iran a reality? That as Sec of State he has further alienated long time allies in the Middle East and further destabilized the region, creating more terrorists in the process?

No Swift Boats were required for those two questions.

Well, if a year from now when campaign season picks up Israel is still shouting "6 months to a bomb", Iran hasn't attacked anyone, and we are partners with Iran in the fight against ISIS. He can point to that deal as a major piece of work that has created stability in the region. If it all blows up in his face, he won't have a chance in hell at running.

When this Iran deal is shown to be a success however, and Kerry can contrast that with another round of the Bush doctrine which we know was a failure and people already regret from 2004. I don't see how he would lose.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
John Kerry? Isn't he the one married to big money who parks his yacht in one state to avoiding paying the higher taxes on it in his home state.

new topics

top topics

join