It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth's Creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It has come to my understanding that if anyone believes that the old testament is the document that accurately explains how the Earth was created, then he or she is an extremely closed-minded individual. Do you really believe that the bible accurately explained how the creation of the Earth took place? If it is, then it left out an incredible amount of detail, particularly the scientific aspect of things although I understand that science and religion didn't co-exist at the time the bible was written. But that wasn't the purpose of Genesis. The ultimate purpose of Genesis was of course to reveal to us a humans WHO created the Earth as opposed to HOW it was created. The Bible accomplished that purpose. We should all know and understand the purpose of the material we read. All of the information you just stated that allowed you to come to your conclusion about the Bible didn't even come from the Bible. It sounds to me like it came from science-related resources. Science is not holistically accurate and the Bible is not the standard with which to compare it.

[edit on 12/19/2004 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You have to understand some things to grasp this. Some people don't care whether or not something is possible. Some people don't care about science.

So of course some people can deal with creationism talked of in Genesis. The problem is not that they have a common sense problem, or a intelligence problem. The problem is that they hold themselves above everyone else. They act as if they are super people, and everyone else is doomed. Meanwhile, when pushed to answer questions....such as those I posed to ninki in the evolution threads...they cant even answer to support their own points of view.

When the Born Again, Baptist, Pentecostal, Assembly of Money Thieves...I mean God, church goers actually act like christians, then maybe everyone else would be more tolerant.

new topics

join