It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Conspiracy - Spinning Asterisks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hello, there's believed to be a new conspiracy that started around 2007. It's about a spinning asterisk that randomly appears on websites, and has a weird mind control like affect that's believed to make people see things - like people and words. Would any of you know what this is about?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You mean something like this? Second result when I Google searched "spinning asterisk."

YouTube
edit on 4/1/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Video wouldn't embed. Changed to a link.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Moongirl

It means the page is loading. Happy April 1st!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The title of your thread suggests it is something that's been going on only recently - beginning 8 years ago leads me to think this isn't really a "new" conspiracy.

But do you have any sources that describe what people have seen in more detail? It does sound curious..

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's the spinning beach ball of death's progeny.

It's true.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

But in Australia does it go "counter clockwise"? Or is the "counter clockwise" the one to focus on? This would be the same as Kabbah, the same around Saturn.. Yikes!!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I guess it makes people imagine things also beyond seeing people and things.

Among other things, the spinning part is an indication of how fast the requested site is loading. If it spins fast, that is normal. But the slower the connection, the slower it spins and thus, gives you an indication of how the internet is responding to your request. If it spins fast and stays that way for awhile, the requested link is busy or not available. I noticed just this morning, early, that it slowed so much that it appeared to me as a little worm going around and around.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Here's one that spins a bit better for you.

YouTube

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
yes, it makes people dumb and complacent...

the sun and moon can do that, too...

so can water...

new topics

top topics

join