It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD drugs to add suicide risk warnings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I reassure him that, after 25 more years of practicing, he'll be able to do what I do, too, but it doesn't seem to get through to him. But it's very hard for me to teach him things because of (a) his attention span issues, and (b) my lack of patience. I'm trying to work on it, though.

I've raised 4, 2 of which have had learning issues. And I home schooled them for most of it.

The #1 key to success is finding what they like, and teach it to them from that perspective.

My son LOVES hockey, so I taught him Math using Hockey. Went from a C- to an -A

Just knowing that you have that issue with patience, already makes you a better father than most, dealing with this kind of situation.

Well done Sir.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: SlapMonkey
There is an old post here on ATS that talked about a study that correlated behavior issues in children and their consumption, or lack of, of water.

Co-worker has a sister that adopted 2 girls with issues. Sent her the study. Long story short, they increased the water and decreased the behavior issues.

Water consumption is actually something that we keep a close eye on with him, thanks to my wife's research. Good lookin' out on the suggestion, though.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You are right, I remember when my son was diagnosed by his doctor after the school "officials" were having "problems" with him, it was during that time when the Ritalin and other medications for "hyperactive" children were been pushed, it was many children on those medications, more than many parents can imagine, it just that parents kept it quiet and it was more of a personal thing because they didn't want their children to be stigmatized.

The physiologist I took my son too, told me that it was becoming ridiculous the way the medications were been prescribed.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These drugs are methyl donors. Feed your kid cooked spinach, eggs, coffee, or many other foods that serve as moderate methyl donors but not in conjunction with a lot of sugar. The sugar can make ADD worse if overconsumed. .....Dimethyl or trimethyl glycene. Trimethyl is plant based, dimethyl is animal based. A person would have to experiment with their kids diet to find out the best therapy. If the kid gets overmethylated, give them some red hot candy, niacin takes down the methyl.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join