It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we determine the future with our cognitions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If reality is reality because external information is processed internally by conscious beings, and then the explanations processed internally are reapplied back to the external world, forming a "reality circuit". Let's say the universe is both deterministic and of free will. Can we alter the probability of something else happening in the future just by thinking about it, even if we never do anything about it? Since time is not a real thing, can we cause ourselves to experience something in the future by mentally convincing ourselves it's going to happen?

“It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards,' says the White Queen to Alice.”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
edit on 1-4-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Interesting question, this has been on my mind a lot lately

I've been experiencing things that go beyond "deja-vu", the past few months have felt like I already lived them, and everytime I awake from a dream I remember stuff I now know is going to happen.

It's personal and not very prophetic except for myself.

After reading up on deja-vu I discovered that a part of the scientific community actually also believes that deja-vu comes from past dreams. Thus, the reason I'm seemingly living a movie that I've already seen before, would be because I've dreamt all this before, but it was mostly lost on me

I also think about "free will" and choice a lot

Since, like you suggest, there's a difference between willing something to happen, and making it happen

Likewise, there's a difference between "destiny" and "choice". Whatever we choose leads to a result, but we'll NEVER know if the result would have been different had we done anything differently.

Free will exists and it doesn't, or perhaps I don't understand it enough yet, but the way I see it:

Whatever I choose to (not) do in life, I will NEVER know what the alternatives would have been like, and so I don't think you can ever know if free will or destiny are real, since you only get ONE outcome and there is no comparing.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Strawberry88

I think very much alike.

I started this thread because on another conspiracy forum I dare not mention, there's a 25 page thread about a guy that has been predicting tons of stuff and he gets it right most of the time. Very impressive because all his predictions have timestamps from Facebook / Twitter and his post are not edited.

His twitter: mobile.twitter.com...

Look at the newest tweet. Weird, right? Especially right before the Germanwings incident. Creepy.

Well, google his name, and you get his FB profile:
www.facebook.com...

He predicted the Malaysian Airline incident. And his username is "717hacker." 717 is a kind of Boeing.

This guy really picked my interest and I added him as a friend on facebook and his profile is full of predictions that came true and he posted part of his method as a public post on facebook.

He claims he uses part meditation and part this:
www.facebook.com...

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Requires two states of free Time, Present (X) and Future (Y) A = Individual. R = Reason for an action. B= Writings/Journal

Meditation Info: There are different states of Consciousness- Waking, Dreaming, Sleeping As well as many divisions/shades between them. Access from one state to another requires the Mind to "FORGET" a crucial aspect of its current state and attach/adopt an aspect of the new state.

EXAMPLES: Waking To Dream: Forget about rational world, achieved by not thinking about world, we do this every night when we go to sleep, we let mind wander and forget about the external world.

Dream To Waking: Forget forgetfullness of rational world and embrace feeling/idea of Wakefullness and External Rational World.
It is this forgetfullness during transitions that is responsible for our being unaware that we are dreaming, and our forgetting of the "actual" world while we are dreaming. It is also the reason we generally forget our dreams after we've just woken up.

MEMORY CATEGORIZATION: The main reason for forgetfullness of concepts in one state when we transition into another is due to categorizing experiences under special "folders", such as "dreaming" folder and "waking" folder. It is possible to remember elements from one state of consciousness in another, the mind simply has to change the "folder" in which the content is stored, so it can be accessed under both states.

To Remember: The Above is the reason why some dreams can be recalled. Also, if the mind keeps(doesn't forget) sense of wakefulness, rational awareness whilst transitioning between waking to dreaming, while maintaining the forgetfullness of the external world and the body, it leads to a very vivid realistic lucid dream with no lapse of memory between the process of transitioning.

PreCommit: The prior decision to follow through on a list of objectives for a future event. One must make the commitment to follow through on promises no MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, If the mind does not do this, the technique will not work. You have to "keep your side of the trade".

Meditation Technique: Mind must completely forget the idea of an external world and must keep its mind completely tranquil and still, The mind must not think about ANYTHING. You must not let the mind wander or else you will enter a dream. Instead keep your mind BLANK and AWAKE. After a while of this your body will fall into sleep paralysis, when this occurs just wait for the vibrations to finish until you feel stillness.

Part 2: Afterwards induce the Qualia/Feeling of Memory, specifically the memory of reading words on a specific page of your notebook(Y) (which is in reality, blank at his moment, you will write in it at a future time) If done correctly mind should have the memory of an event that has not happened yet, which will be detailed Below.

AXIOM/SYNCHRONCITY RULE: All of this only works under the following premise: 1. The memory of an event with full lucidity/wakefulness is based on a preceding/succeeding "actual" event.

HOW TO REMEMBER THE FUTURE:
Precommit at Present Time (X): At a future Time (Y), Mind will write on a blank page of notebook(Y) paper it has saved for this occasion. The individual will write and label 3 EVENTS: 2 of which are made up/false and 1 of which has actually occured. Then it will commit its writings to memory whilst remembering the meditation it did at Past Time(X); which is Present Time for us. Reason (R) for writing true event, will be because of Mind's desire to communicate this info to past self. (R) for writing the 2 specific false events will be because of any reason that comes to mind.

Meditation: At Present Time (X), Mind will save a blank page of notebook paper for (Y) event and Precommit to a set of actions for (Y). Mind will do meditation method and put info it gets into a mental category that will be able to be recalled when mind snaps out of its trance. After getting Future Info, mind will write down the 3 EVENTS into a SEPERATE NOTEBOOK(X).
Future Point (Y): Mind will ONLY write in its notebook, if and only if 1 OF 3 EVENTS has occurred already. Given the AXIOM ABOVE; this means (1) of the EVENTS is predetermined to occur, so the event will happen. When the event occurs, Mind will write down the event inside the notebook(Y) it has saved for that day. Then the mind will then write down the 2 false events word for word from the notebook(X) into Notebook(Y).

PARADOX: The original motivation/reason behind writing down the 2 False Events was originally a variable(anything). However when the Mind arrives at (Y) the reason for writing the events is to strictly copy down what is in notebook(X). However the content of notebook(X) is a repeat of Notebook(Y) which was inspired by (X) which was inspired by (Y), ad infinitum. So the question is "Where did the inspiration of the events come from, where did this information come from? Lucy's Explanation: The Information came from actual Alternate Realities of which only (1) is actualized. Which means from the Point of View of Present(X) all 3 EVENTS have an EQUAL probability of being the universe the individual is in until one of the EVENTS occurs.

No one has an explanation on how this guy is doing it and his facebook shows he's very interested in predicting stuff, he documents everything. Takes pictures of all his lottery tickets, etc. I'm starting to think his method almost makes sense.

edit on 1-4-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yes. The world is a survey, people feed off it, others ride it, most starve from it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I don't know OP, maybe we can make an experience? I will tell myself for the next few days that your penis will become blue and eventually fall off.

Can you report back to me later? Thanks

Serious answer now. That's basically what all magical traditions are about. All of them. So maybe just ask someone who's into magic what he thinks about it?

Personally I've seen controlled experiments from people with such visualization capabilities. And it works. But sometimes they also become crazy because it worked and they weren't mentally prepared for that.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
Let's say the universe is both deterministic and of free will. Can we alter the probability of something else happening in the future just by thinking about it, even if we never do anything about it? Since time is not a real thing, can we cause ourselves to experience something in the future by mentally convincing ourselves it's going to happen?

I've often wondered if this isn't actually precognition working?

I mean, We'll sense what will transpire and incorporate it as something we are projecting as what we want or fear happening.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The human perception of reality is evolving /reacting IMO to the greater environment, that being dimensional.

As the Solar System travels through areas and the Galaxy traverses nearer to the Great Attractor, IMO there is increased consciousness and dimensional perception.

Recently my deja vu experiences have also increased, though I am also sensing greater sensitivity and perception than previously from others.

There are a lot of very interesting and exciting scientific discoveries being made, exponentially so, and this correlates to the human experience IMO.

It is interesting that these perceptions are often visualised cognitively, be it via dreaming, day dreaming, imagining, deja vu or other sensory visualisation. The default mode network (DMN) responds to art that resonates with individuals in very deep, personal ways, this is perhaps unique to art. Research suggests that identification with particular personally resonant artworks are sought by individuals, this interaction can influence the future perception of self identity and hence future actions and beliefs.

Some interesting research suggests we seek art that we need, subconsciously, as it resonates with us.

As an artist, teacher and educational practitioner, neuro aesthetic research is of great interest to me.

hyperallergic.com...

When you look at a painting and feel that somehow it was made just for a person like you, it might actually be true. New neuroscience research shows that deep feeling of personal resonance from some works of art is linked to your brain’s sense of self.

As Pacific Standard has reported, research published last month in the peer-reviewed journal Frontiers in Neuroscience (the full text is here) examines how the brain’s default mode network (DMN), usually inactive when you are engaged with the outside world, responds to these particular works of art that especially move you. Since the DMN is connected to introspection and the self, this could mean that the feeling that a work of art is intensely personal is activating parts of our brain very much associated with personal identities.

In simpler terms, art that you have an intense relationship to can be having a very real influence on your sense of self that no other external influences have. And it might even have an influence on your personal identity in the future. So if you’re walking through a museum, and a painting gives you a startling pause, something in your brain may indeed just have gotten a jolt in a very deep way.

journal.frontiersin.org...

We propose that certain artworks can “resonate” with an individual's sense of self in a manner that has well-defined physiological correlates and consequences: the neural representations of those external stimuli obtain access to the neural substrates and processes concerned with the self—namely to regions of the DMN. This access, which other external stimuli normally do not obtain, allows the representation of the artwork to interact with the neural processes related to the self, affect them, and possibly even be incorporated into them (i.e., into the future, evolving representation of self).

italianacademy.columbia.edu...

Covering a wide range of work on the Default Mode Network (DMN), leading neuroscientists from top research institutes will gather in New York for a two-day symposium to discuss what the brain is doing when in a wakeful resting state. The DMN – a network of brain regions typically found to be suppressed when individuals focus on their external environment – has been hypothesized to generate spontaneous thoughts during daydreaming and may be crucial for self-referential mental processing, social interactions and the understanding of many neurological disorders.

Topics of discussion include the discovery and metabolic characterization of the DMN, the relationship and functional dynamics between the DMN and other networks that are identifiable through resting-state functional connectivity, task-based studies that have helped to characterize the involvement of subnetworks of the DMN in a variety of functions, the relevance of DMN function for a variety of disease states, social neuroscience work that has investigated the role of the DMN in "self versus other" distinctions, and the potential involvement of the DMN in aesthetic experience and creativity.

The symposium appeals to scientists with expertise in neuroscience or psychology, as well as humanists and artists interested in neuroscientific research.

edit on 1-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I believe it to be true that one's intention determines one's circumstances.

Intention is a choice / attitude ...

The choices we make do have an affect in the world ... be it slight or greater ...

Wishful thinking is another matter however ... Most thought requires acting upon
We live in a material world ... Thought can affect that world when put into action ... action by thought being expressed or in doing or not ... we face such choices every day ...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Haha! I used to have that quote as my signature.

This is what I perceive. There is a delayed sort of influence that our mind has with reality, which gives the impression that we do not have any freewill, and yet, it seems to me, we do...partially. There is the collective will too, which has it's part in things, and has a big influence.

Imagine a large number of people believing that their God will exert upon them sacrifice, that they will not be understood or accepted by the world outside their community.

What a coincidence that Hitler came along, eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Interesting topic. I think that we can not change the future by just thinking, we need to act accordingly. But what we can change by thinking is the will to do what has to be done. Any action we do today will have an effect in the future.

As for free will. We all have free will to do what we want. Free will is about choices, as soon as we have any number of choices we decided what we want.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
There's something that doesn't sit quite right in that the reality circuit is only effecting our understanding and not our actions. It influences our behaviour and actions, nothing else as that's all we/our cognitions interact with.

edit on 1-4-2015 by and14263 because: To add a comma

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The sense of self influences future thoughts and actions. The neurological term Default Network Mode is an interesting area of study as this is the mode that is ''usually inactive when involved with the outside world''.

The perception of 'self' /self identity is influenced by personally resonant artwork on a deep level in a unique way. There is also the possibility that other forms of creativity or nature could be exerting similar influence on other levels /unique ways.

Which brings to light the fact that humanity interacts with it's resonant influences at a deep neurological level and the innate sense of self is influenced by such, hence influencing future decisions and actions.

The post I posted earlier explains this in terms of visual art.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes, many occult and mystery traditions the world-over teach this technique - it's nothing new by any means, yet you see somewhat watered-down explanations of it in modern pop-culture literature.

As it works, we live and move in a literal sea of energy. As living organisms, we utilize and convert this energy in its myriad forms for our purposes to survival. The interesting point is, our very thoughts are distinct forms of pattered energy themselves. We can measure brain activity via electroencephalograms, so we know that thoughts aren't nothing - inside the human brain would look something like an electrical storm. Yet, we may find it absurd to believe that our very thoughts harbor any significant amount of energy to do anything beyond motorization of the body, and influencing our day-to-day activities and decisions (moods, calculations, etc).

The rule is that 'energy follows thought, and thought follows energy' - our thoughts are not exactly localized within the chambers of the skull and to the specific portion of the brain from which they originated, but radiate from their originating location outward in all directions, much like a radio transmitter. Perhaps it will be that one day, our scientists will have developed the technology to measure this thought radiation, yet the point must be clear that thoughts are things.

Creative visualization works somewhat mysteriously, and those individuals who have used it successfully and continue to do so may offer varying explanations regarding the mechanism of its action, but the central thesis remains stable. Namely, when the human being sets his 'Will,' upon any given condition he would like to see manifest, he then appears to attract the various conditions, circumstances, people, etc that would allow for its materialization - repeated visualization of the desired outcome will inevitably lead to the creation of a 'thought-form,' which is a sort of ethereal collection of specifically pattered energy (from thought) which, depending upon the circumstances of the material realm, aims to manifest on the material plane. The technique follows the axiom, 'Like attracts like.'

We all are aware of the great influence our attitude, perception & thoughts have on our day-to-day existence, for example think upon the curmudgeon we've all met that seems to feed upon his own cyclic patterns of negative and destructive (or just non-consctructive) thoughts; or remind yourself of that inspiring individual you know who seems to enjoy success after success, only considering the positive elements to daily life, and looking forward to his bright future with a calm anticipation, and brushing off set-backs and curve-balls with a shrug.

One neat key to the method regards the quality of the condition you seek. It has been said that Creation and all the forces of the Cosmic are inherently good and constructive - the universe seeks to establish varying levels of harmony in any given environment (think of natural eco-systems, the peculiarities of the planetary bodies, even the organization of the structure of the human body). Thus, the conditions which we seek shall manifest on the material plane much quicker if they are not grossly self-indulgent and only benefiting one's self. Rather, your desire must share the properties of benefiting others in some way or another - for all of life shares the same connection to Universal Consciousness (or the over-soul, God, whatever you want to call it). This intelligence is linked via our subconscious mind, which can be said to harbor a vast and extensive intelligence regarding all manner of the mechanics of every living being - it is the hidden intelligence within all life that organizes cell-structure, instinct, and all other internal mechanics whose operation would confound and overwhelm the conscious mind.
Again, this subconscious intelligence is an attribute and birth-right of every living thing (from plants to Aliens), and is the foundation of the inter-connectedness of all life. Thus, our desires must be in harmony with the constructive nature of this intelligence, or they will have a difficult time materializing, This is one of the reasons why almost every mystery-school throughout human history is built upon such principles of Love, Fraternity, Charity and Good Works - for the human must re-align himself with this good and constructive force in his day-to-day life if he is to enjoy the magnificence that is Co-Creation with Divinity.

It appears that if one is able to access this intelligence, it certainly follows reason that short-term predictions could be made.
all the best, and really cool topic, oP!

-kissy
edit on 1-4-2015 by kissy princess because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
The human perception of reality is evolving /reacting IMO to the greater environment, that being dimensional.

As the Solar System travels through areas and the Galaxy traverses nearer to the Great Attractor, IMO there is increased consciousness and dimensional perception.

Recently my deja vu experiences have also increased, though I am also sensing greater sensitivity and perception than previously from others.

There are a lot of very interesting and exciting scientific discoveries being made, exponentially so, and this correlates to the human experience IMO.

It is interesting that these perceptions are often visualised cognitively, be it via dreaming, day dreaming, imagining, deja vu or other sensory visualisation. The default mode network (DMN) responds to art that resonates with individuals in very deep, personal ways, this is perhaps unique to art. Research suggests that identification with particular personally resonant artworks are sought by individuals, this interaction can influence the future perception of self identity and hence future actions and beliefs.

Some interesting research suggests we seek art that we need, subconsciously, as it resonates with us.

As an artist, teacher and educational practitioner, neuro aesthetic research is of great interest to me.

hyperallergic.com...

When you look at a painting and feel that somehow it was made just for a person like you, it might actually be true. New neuroscience research shows that deep feeling of personal resonance from some works of art is linked to your brain’s sense of self.

As Pacific Standard has reported, research published last month in the peer-reviewed journal Frontiers in Neuroscience (the full text is here) examines how the brain’s default mode network (DMN), usually inactive when you are engaged with the outside world, responds to these particular works of art that especially move you. Since the DMN is connected to introspection and the self, this could mean that the feeling that a work of art is intensely personal is activating parts of our brain very much associated with personal identities.

In simpler terms, art that you have an intense relationship to can be having a very real influence on your sense of self that no other external influences have. And it might even have an influence on your personal identity in the future. So if you’re walking through a museum, and a painting gives you a startling pause, something in your brain may indeed just have gotten a jolt in a very deep way.

journal.frontiersin.org...

We propose that certain artworks can “resonate” with an individual's sense of self in a manner that has well-defined physiological correlates and consequences: the neural representations of those external stimuli obtain access to the neural substrates and processes concerned with the self—namely to regions of the DMN. This access, which other external stimuli normally do not obtain, allows the representation of the artwork to interact with the neural processes related to the self, affect them, and possibly even be incorporated into them (i.e., into the future, evolving representation of self).

italianacademy.columbia.edu...

Covering a wide range of work on the Default Mode Network (DMN), leading neuroscientists from top research institutes will gather in New York for a two-day symposium to discuss what the brain is doing when in a wakeful resting state. The DMN – a network of brain regions typically found to be suppressed when individuals focus on their external environment – has been hypothesized to generate spontaneous thoughts during daydreaming and may be crucial for self-referential mental processing, social interactions and the understanding of many neurological disorders.

Topics of discussion include the discovery and metabolic characterization of the DMN, the relationship and functional dynamics between the DMN and other networks that are identifiable through resting-state functional connectivity, task-based studies that have helped to characterize the involvement of subnetworks of the DMN in a variety of functions, the relevance of DMN function for a variety of disease states, social neuroscience work that has investigated the role of the DMN in "self versus other" distinctions, and the potential involvement of the DMN in aesthetic experience and creativity.

The symposium appeals to scientists with expertise in neuroscience or psychology, as well as humanists and artists interested in neuroscientific research.

I'm also an artist and this makes a lot of sense. That's why your state of mind will have a big impact on things you create. It also explains why we can usually tell in a matter of seconds if we like a song or not.

Also worth mentioning that my taste in music has changed a lot over the years and I noticed that whenever I play a song I really liked in a past period of my life it will instantly bring me back memories and a "feel" of my state of mind of that particular time.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Regarding music, I have a similar thing, some songs since first hearing them have always resonated with me in a major way, perhaps 4 or 5 every decade, during my teens it was mostly U2 songs and the actual lead guitar feedback /echoes with certain type of vocals, U2 does nothing much for me now, in my 20's various rock, mostly Hendrix /Zep /Nirvana, now they don't but I feel I have learned from them, in my 30's some Mozart was really needed during pregnancy for calmness, these days mostly Kings of Leon, there's something about certain songs that really resonate and are relaxing to my mind and ears, I never play any of the old songs save for occasionally if they appear whilst browsing or if someone sends me a song.

There are various pieces of artwork that stir my soul in a good way, a few Turner paintings really do, I did my Degree dissertation on Turner, some other artworks also do.

Sometimes I when visiting galleries, I have the urge to really look at a painting more than the others I think are accomplished works /spectacular, and peruse their details, sometimes gaining 'intelligence' from them if that makes sense, like as if being there when they were painted, or really connecting with the energy of the artist when they were being created, like tuning in to the creative energy, which I sort of recognise as THE creative energy, as if creating work on an energy level that transcends the physical and is perceptive as a harmonic frequency that is on the same frequency as my own creative energy, I guess it is is energy harmonising. It happens with people sometimes too, they are resonating the right energy for me and we really connect.
edit on 1-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo
I don't know OP, maybe we can make an experience? I will tell myself for the next few days that your penis will become blue and eventually fall off.

Can you report back to me later? Thanks

Serious answer now. That's basically what all magical traditions are about. All of them. So maybe just ask someone who's into magic what he thinks about it?

Personally I've seen controlled experiments from people with such visualization capabilities. And it works. But sometimes they also become crazy because it worked and they weren't mentally prepared for that.

Do it to your penis!

Seriously, look at a little sample of his predictions, that's the first page on facebook. All dates are valid, tweets & facebook statuses cannot be backdated and never have been. Tweets cannot be edited. Facebook lets you know when a status has been edited. Looks like this guy really has the futur "covered"...

BREAKING NEWS: LUISE RAINER DEAD...
This is a near-future news headline I will be seeing soon..
This event will occur THIS YEAR, 2014...
- SEE DATE OF POST: FEBRUARY 22ND, 2014 @ 4:25PM
- 7:17,
[deadline.com...]

BREAKING NEWS: GOUGH WHITLAM DEAD...
- SEE DATE OF POST: FEBRUARY 22ND, 2014 @ 4:06PM
[www.theguardian.com...]

BREAKING NEWS: TRAIN DERAILMENT...
This is a near-future news headline I will be seeing..
I will be seeing this on MSN/CNN news feeds...
Between Today and (7/13 - 11:59pm)...
...dra at the end of time compels; stars ablaze...
- SEE DATE OF POST: JULY 6TH, 2014 @ 2:29PM
[edition.cnn.com...]
(3 days out on that one)

BREAKING NEWS: FORMER NAVY SEAL KILLED..
This will occur between Today and (6/30/14 @ 11:59pm)..
- SEE DATE OF POST: JUNE 8TH, 2014 @ 10:28PM
- 7:17
[www.foxnews.com...]
Navy IDs SEAL killed in California skydive
www.foxnews.com
The Navy has released the name of a decorated Navy SEAL who died Monday from a parachute jump accident in the Southern California desert.

"Emergency U.N. Summit..."
- Only Audio heard and Sight seen during today's meditation session. Weird, I usually get more after half an hour's meditation.
Afterwards I heard and saw nothing. There was alot yesterday. Why can't I see anything now?
his status was posted on March 29th, 2013
[www.scotsman.com...]

BREAKING NEWS: LAUREN BACALL DEAD...
- SEE DATE OF POST: FEBRUARY 22ND, 2014 @ 4:33PM
[www.dailymail.co.uk...]

BREAKING NEWS: IAN PAISLEY DEAD...
- SEE DATE OF POST: FEBRUARY 22ND, 2014 @ 4:27PM
[www.dailymail.co.uk...]

BREAKING NEWS: CHAPMAN PINCHER DEAD...
- SEE DATE OF POST: FEBRUARY 22ND, 2014 @ 4:14PM
[www.telegraph.co.uk...]

BREAKING NEWS: AIRPLANE HIJACKING...
This is a near-future news headline I will be seeing..
This will occur between Today and (2/28/14 @ 11:59pm)..
- SEE DATE OF POST: FEBRUARY 6TH, 2014 @ 1:03PM
[www.mirror.co.uk...]

BREAKING NEWS: TRAIN BOMBING...
This is a near-future news headline I will be seeing...
The event will occur between Today and (1/18/14 @ 11:59pm)..
- SEE DATE OF POST: JANUARY 10TH, 2014 @ 9:46PM
[www.rferl.org...]

BREAKING NEWS: MEXICAN CARTEL BOSS DIES...
This is a news headline I will be seeing in the near-future..
This event will occur between today and (12/21/13- 11:59pm)
...dra at the end of time compels; stars ablaze......
- SEE DATE OF POST: DECEMBER 13TH, 2013 @ 1:06AM
[archive.desmoinesregister.com...]
Cartel boss dies in gunbattle at Mexican resort
archive.desmoinesregister.com
'Macho Prieto' was killed in a four-hour gunfight.

BREAKING NEWS: FOSSIL THEFT...
This event will occur between today and (12/31/13- 11:59pm)
- SEE DATE OF POST: DECEMBER 13TH, 2013 @ 12:49AM
[www.theglobeandmail.com...]
Vancouver thieves score $500,000 ammolite gemstone
www.theglobeandmail.com
Police looking for clues in early-morning robbery in Gastown

BREAKING NEWS: SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE "U.S"...
This event will occur between today and (12/31/13- 11:59pm)
- SEE DATE OF POST: DECEMBER 11TH, 2013 @ 5:53PM
[www.wltx.com...]
2 Students Shot, Suspect Dead in CO School Shooting | wltx.com
archive.wltx.com
One teen was wounded and two others suffered minor injuries Friday at a suburban Denver high school after a fellow student wielding a shotgun opened fire before taking his own life.

BREAKING NEWS: PRESIDENT OF A COUNTRY, DEAD!!...
I will be seeing this on MSN/CNN news feeds...
This event will occur between today and (12/07/13- 11:59pm)
- SEE DATE OF POST: NOVEMBER 29TH, 2013 @ 3:19PM
[newyork.cbslocal.com...]

BREAKING NEWS: BUILDING EXPLOSION, U.S...
This will occur between today(9/26) to (10/5 - 11:59pm)..
I will be seeing this on CNN/MSN news feeds...
- SEE DATE OF POST: SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2013 @ 11:14PM
[edition.cnn.com...]

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Baby;
will be born on July, 22nd, 2013.
....dra at the end of time compels; stars ablaze!
- SEE DATE OF POST: JULY 16TH, 2013 @ 6:07PM
[en.wikipedia.org...]

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The guy making all these predictions joined the dark side of conspiracy forums, I'm copying his intro post

Hello, this is Jakeem Ortiz. It is true that I have been predicting events for close to two years now. I have been posting my experiments and tests of this "ability" on Facebook and then recently on my Twitter as well. I am able to respond as I finally have access to a functioning computer instead of using my #ty mobile; however, access to this computer is temporary, so I will try to say as much as I can before I go offline. I have been researching synchronicity since late 2009 and then recently in 2013 I was able to eventually formulate an algorithm that would allow me to predict information that I would be personally subjected to in the future. I deduced this algorithm and using the scientific method began experimenting in 2013, I have made even more significant progress in 2014. There is also a spiritual component that I have not been able to "quantify" and these are mostly experiences I have had with my dreams among other things. I do not have access to the entirety of the algorithm I discovered, else I would be able to predict every facet of my future experience. When I first formulated the algorithm I knew I needed to test it, using the scientific method I was able to increase accuracy, and in some cases developed the "illusion" of control ( as the algorithm was deduced via the assumption that everything is predetermined). All of this has not been carried out without flaw though. I have missed some very important predictions, like and especially the MH17 crash that occurred on my birthday of all days, among other mistakes. The algorithm I discovered has many other applications other than prediction of future events and on occasion, the "illusion" of control of future events. I have focused on prediction of future events however because I wish to eventually win the lottery using the algorithm, so that I will be able to move to India and fund the rest of my operation. Ultimately, it is my wish to share everything that I know with the world but that can only happen if a significant portion of the populace is aware of my work. The last thing that I want is for this information to fade away into obscurity or worse, for it to be concealed from the world and restricted to a ruling elite. I realize that there is a lot of confusion, I will have you know that currently, I am only 22 years old. Regardless of genius, when I was younger I was extremely immature. Do know though, that my intentions are pure. I am a good guy and I am here to help. Now, a little bit about "control". Some of my posts deal with experiments done testing "control", but it should be known that any perceived control is only the "illusion" of control. This is done when the individual's desired result coincides with the already established unknown predetermined event. This is a hard concept for people to grasp, but the idea is deeply rooted in the concept of acausality, which is intrinsic to the algorithm. No matter what it may look like, all control is "illusory" in these contexts.

Also, when it comes to control, it requires that the individual not know in advance the result of their experiment, because of this, experiments with the illusion of control can fail and on numerous personal occasions I have failed, but in failure I was able to refine my method.

I hope I have answered some valuable questions, until next time.....laterdays

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Interesting experiment, and that it directly correlates to this thread, algorithms are also used for confirming visuals in dreams and IMO are an important bridge between science and the ''unknown''.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

It is, love reading about this stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kissy princess
The rule is that 'energy follows thought, and thought follows energy' - our thoughts are not exactly localized within the chambers of the skull and to the specific portion of the brain from which they originated, but radiate from their originating location outward in all directions, much like a radio transmitter. Perhaps it will be that one day, our scientists will have developed the technology to measure this thought radiation, yet the point must be clear that thoughts are things.

I like this comparison of the body-brain-mind being a radio transmitter. Our psyche is not confined to some portion of our skull. We exist in a psychic realm in which the apparently inner and outer are one psychic event or realm. What we transmit does impact this psychic realm because, as you say, this transmission is energy. We are also like radio receivers.

Such transmission can affect events and others - in both good and bad ways - as the medium (awareness) is what we are most fundamentally, and pervades all. The more this is recognized, the more we see that the inner and outer aspects of the psyche coincide, and potentially becomes even the source of psychic phenomena, etc,

This recognition of no separation between the inner and outer psyche does not need any special practice to "get" - it is self-evident when we simply allow this Reality-revelation to be as it already is.

edit on 4/3/2015 by bb23108 because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join