It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminine Man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

As progressive ideals infect the society gender roles will become more and more blurred. It is all part of a greater plan to weaken the populations. Fear and apathy are the most commonly used vessels.
edit on 12-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hmm...So much had been said, and so many do things in the wake of fear. Fear of not being as much of a "Man" Or "Woman" as you could be, as the media and masses say you "should" be? Is there a balance point, and where might that be? Are we all just slaves to the winds of biological fate, "looked down upon" or "looked up to" simply because we where giving more or less hormones? What really is the great concern in a world that does not follow live or get killed by predator evolution?

And what about gender roles? That seems to be the thing that really scares people. Exposing their mental insecurities about being who they are and needing to be defined by predetermined roles and genetics. Like it or not, afraid or not society is changing from the "50's" -equis Male chauvinism, and meek feminism.

Why do think some people are so afraid, or react out of blind hate?

I grew up in a "hick"ish town. All stereotyping and gender role to the extreme. But I am one of those "more feminine males" I can talk to ladies in a more then "trying to pick you up" fashion. And am more sensitive to others thoughts and feelings. I have great respect for strong women. But on the flip side, I do the "macho" guy things too. Beer, violent sports, checking out the ladies. After its all said and done. I believe its all about finding balance. It is the concept of the Yin-Yang. The opposites in balance with one another and within one another, since one can not live only through one side alone.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

5'4" here. Short and Stocky. Agree with the muscle and fat comments in this thread in regards to short people.

As for me I can understand the OP's position. I am the most empathetic of all my male friends. I have a strong nurturing/caretaking side that I express with taking care of my houseplants. I have long hair well beyond my shoulders, which I probably use more conditioner and Pantene on than 99 percent of the female population, to maintain my natural banana curls. My hair looks effeminate. I've even had guys hit on me at a bar when my back was turned only to turn around and see the look of shock on their drunk faces when they realize I'm a man. I could qualify as a semi feminine man.

However, I have shoulders like a juvenile sasquatch. Curl 3 sets of 12 at 95lbs on the barbell (again I'm 5,4) and easily rep out 200 on the bench. Studied extensively Philippine and south east Asian martial arts, and nobody, nobody looks at me as some sissy. Even though I'm like "not the hair" when I rough house with my friends. Also, even though my friends are all much taller than me, they look to me when were out on the town as the enforcer or defender when a bar fight or street altercation starts to brew. They all sorta back up and get behind me to push me to the front to deal with the person getting aggressive. And my friends aren't pussies either. They are all pretty tough guys. Half of them doing well in the military.

Even though I'm a Wildman, I would consider myself a semi feminine male. I like flowers, bright pastel colors (not as clothing, just the colors), cooking, art, can tell a womans clothing size accurately without asking, get choked up in movies and with emotional songs, but I also have a mean right hook, know how to use chainsaws and jack hammers with proficiency.

SO I do believe there is such a thing as a balanced male who does have some feminine aspects to their personality. I don't think it's healthy to swing too far to either side though. Overly macho guys are compensating for something.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join