It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the rules for today/tomorrow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Are any subjects forbidden? Are any people Prasada non-Grada? How far can we go? Is there a time limitation on a running joke? I assume satire is exceptable does there need to be a disclaimer?

Are funny pics okay as long as they go with the theme? Are members allowed to be The butt of the fun?

Those are the first few I could come up with. I'd like to see some rules from some mods. and more questions from the members .

Let's get the rules straight so nobody gets in trouble.

Everybody knows what tomorrow is!!!!!!
edit on 1-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
There is one standard spoof which comes up every year (since at least 2010), and I'm keeping an eye out for it.
I've noticed that moderators don't like to see it outside the Jokes forum. It gets transferred or deleted, depending on who's around. A word to the wise.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Are you allowed to make a fictitious story including moderators names? (A funny one?)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If you're wanting to live that dangerously, I suggest INSIDE the Jokes forum and well-advertised as a joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Ok i'll either do that or be really really funny and take my chances.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
No rules yet no response from moderators. I think I'm gonna like tomorrow it looks like it's shaping up to be a.............

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Don't expect a free for all.
The site owners once ran for president of the US of A, on April 1st.
The site appreciates a joke. But T&C still applies.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The title of this thread made me think maybe it was about rules for society or something. Then I read the post and was completely lost....until the last line. S&F for befuddling me

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I was reasonably sure that it would not be a free-for-all. I was going for shock value trying to get a reply. Apparently it was a successful tactic.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The T&C still applies.

ATS used to go out of it's way and plan April Fools Jokes, but we stopped because too many people became very upset when we revealed it was a joke.

So, threads here in BTS in the spirit of April Fools, probably won't get shut down, but trying to Hoax the community or otherwise posting false information in an attempt to dupe our members is still a T&C violation.

They'll probably be a little bit of lee-way, but we moderate every complaint by consensus, so don't take my word for it.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i was looking to do my first april fools joke in 30 years , ended not being able to think of one that didn't require more effort than I can imagine.

I thought maybe about "cat found using thumbs started using tools, they will kill us all!" But that would require photoshop which I am too lazy to deal with, as in learn to use. Then I thought id have to ask staff can I post it in crypto for 24 hours, then I thought...meah

Ill just make coffee and dodge the real world till midday.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thank you for the reply, I guess I'll pass today. It is discouraging how many people have forgotten their sense of humor and take umbrage at fun.

top topics

join