It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum experiment verifies Einstein's 'spooky action at a distance'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I am focused more on the experiment, not the biased claim....

Try understanding it while you're focusing on it. The sorts of effects addressed therein take place at the level of the very small. And are well known. What's relevant about the experiment isn't being addressed. Just "therefore, magic", which wasn't what the experiment was about.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

I think it's fascinating that macroscopic objects can be put into superposition or be shown to violate macrorealism. This points to the fact a material objective reality may not exist.

I think it's interesting you can do it with something as large as a single atom, but if you think you can do it with a rabbit, you're trying to pull it out of the wrong hat.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
nah it proves a point... I dont care about the Op's agenda...

If I had to guess right now, neither one of you are right..

I am just impressed we figured this out...

I do not accept this experiment as a conclusion....

This is the part where I shake my damn head...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: neoholographic

Glad that this new experiment proves that James Randi doesn't exist, a much better non-local world without him.

I still can't wrap my head around what this means. How does showing that a single particle contains the non-local action aspect change human's perception and understanding of the universe (in laymen's terms)?

Good question.

It's just more evidence that the wave function exists and what we perceive as local reality isn't objectively real but one part of the whole.

So the wave function contains both quantum states that can be measured. When you make a measurement though, you only find one of these quantum states. So in you're local environment you can't measure the totality of the wave function, just one aspect of it is measured in your environment.

Since the wave function is real, it shows reality is non local and our local experience isn't an objective reality but a part of the whole.

Say I go to the store and I'm going to buy barb-q or sour cream chips. The wave function would contain information about both states. That's me buying barb-q chips in one state and me buying sour cream chips in another state. When I choose to buy a bag of chips, in my environment I have bought either barb-q or sour cream chips.

So to bring this back to Planck scales, it means that both measurements are states of the wave function and the wave function represents the WHOLE and our measurement in our environment represents a PART of the WHOLE.

This is no different than Plato's Allegory of the Cave or the writings of Parminedes.

Its no different than saying God is one or there's one consciousness under the illusion of separation.

It's no different than talk of the Akashic record. It's no different than a holographic universe or a wave function of the universe.

Most of science today is pointing away from this universe representing the WHOLE and these experiments are confirming these things.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

nah it proves a point...

And...can you summarize that point without copypasta, or the invocation of "akashic records"?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I dont have too.. read the article...

once again I am shaking my head...

what is wrong with you?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I think it's fascinating that macroscopic objects can be put into superposition or be shown to violate macrorealism. This points to the fact a material objective reality may not exist. They will have to do more test at different distances and with bigger objects but the fact that this occurs on a macroscopic level at all is pretty amazing.

You just have science agreeing with mystics, spiritualist, philosophers and what some scientist have been saying throughout the years.
Give us some links to peer-reviewed "mystic, spiritualist, and philosopher" papers that correlate to this experiment? Maybe if you explained the leap of logic that has brought you from "QM found a new thing!" to "mysticism is verified!", people wouldn't have a problem. Otherwise, all I'm seeing here is something analogous to the discovery of an albino sperm whale confirming the events of Moby Dick as true.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

This is no different than Plato's Allegory of the Cave or the writings of Parminedes.

Its no different than saying God is one or there's one consciousness under the illusion of separation.

It's no different than talk of the Akashic record. It's no different than a holographic universe or a wave function of the universe.

Most of science today is pointing away from this universe representing the WHOLE and these experiments are confirming these things.

Again, how does your head not explode from claiming science is both wrong and so right it proves your point?

It looks like you took a bunch of babble points from Deepak Chopra and strung them together with some copypasta from an experiment, because these things you say it proves, it does not.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

in the Op's defense, science is not all right...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I dont have too..

There you go.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

How is that defending the OP, when he has come here to talk about the ramifications of a scientific discovery?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

So..."science is wrong and only the mystics and fakirs got it right" ... because: the very forefront of science says so.

You don't see the bizarre conflict there? Really?

Look. The paper is talking about being able to, in some cases, (maybe) determine both momentum and position of an atom.

From there, the OP claims that this proves the Akashic Records are literally a true thing. A literal place where all the information of eternity is encoded. From determining the momentum and position of a cesium atom.

This is a leap of illogic so profound, unwarranted and unimaginable that I'm having fits of laughter trying to encompass.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

exactly, prove to me nothing, and I to you...

that empty feeling has to suck.....

Yet the difference is this, I can learn from things that are not familiar...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

your trolling and jumping to conclusions now...

Your asking questions now that cost money to answer..

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Is this a John Lennon song? What's happening here?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

That empty feeling is called logic and rationality. I learn from things that are not familiar every day. But the way to learn is not to embrace the literal and true existence of Ariel from observing a cowslip. You have to see with clearer eyes than that.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

meh being quick to judge and seeing what you wish is not learning....

In any case the experiment was made, yet your focus is on the poster, not the content........

If you still have not learned that is wrong, your desires are just selfish...

my focus is off you now, have your last words, proclaim your greatness on ats, and make me look like an idiot...

My years of existence here has seen more than you troll...

I still get to echo words here...

I will say thou I am getting tired of these trolls...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

meh being quick to judge and seeing what you wish is not learning....

In any case the experiment was made, yet your focus is on the poster, not the content........

Nope. It's on the poster's claims, because that is also part of the OP.

If you still have not learned that is wrong, your desires are just selfish...

my focus is off you now, have your last words, proclaim your greatness on ats, and make me look like an idiot...

Selfish in what way? Not wanting to promulgate some new age bilge? Science is not always right, but theosophy is never right. If you like, show me anything theosophic/new age that works. I'll wait, while you type your answer on a computer.

My years of existence here has seen more than you troll...

I still get to echo words here...

I will say thou I am getting tired of these trolls...

What trolling? Point it out, if you like.

My points are clear:

The experiment is interesting, but not because "therefore, magic"

It doesn't prove that anything can be true because you wish it so.

The claim that the Akashic Records, the adeledicnander force, fairies in the garden etc are true because someone determined the momentum and position of an atom is like claiming lions eat boulders because they have calcium in their bones.

None of these positions are trolling. I simply do not agree. If you'd like to logically support the claim that the Akashic Records are now proven to be true due to the paper cited, I'd love to hear you out. Please. Elucidate.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I think you simply miss the point of the OP, which is not the science, but proving his beliefs true.

It would be like my taking a report about the B-2 bomber and my creating a thread saying it proves the existence of black triangles.

The OP is not interested in the science, or the discovery, he is interested in proving science is wrong and the ancient mystics had it all figured out. Of course he doesn't realize his hypocrisy ... he must admit science is right, to use it as evidence that science is wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What I find the most "spooky" about these experiments is the fact that "they" seem about to understand the very fabric of reality and begin to mess with it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join