It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Babies are ugly. Stop saying they are cute!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think humans, especially women, are hard wired to see babies as cute so they'll protect them. Maybe we've become more subjective now that we're somewhat removed from the days of fight or flight, and people often cackle at a baby's looks, but I think a majority of women over child bearing age feel that urge to coddle babies they come into contact with.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
Is cuteness a finite resource?
If so what do you define as the ultimate "cute," so we all can have something to compare to.

And who's standards do we judge by?

Everyone knows that the ultimate cute standard is kitties.
edit on 1-4-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

This episode of Seinfield probably sums up your feelings about babies.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

When my cousin was born, she looked like Yoda.

But that aside, your post is based on relative cuteness instead of absolute, so it's hard to verify or deny.

But look at a baby aardvark, then get back to me on that.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

My eldest was a bit like that, though it was clear he was a boy to most people. They would come over to look at him and ooh and ahh. He was beautiful from the first day - people would say "I don't usually think baby's are beautiful, but yours is!" He's grown into a handsome boy that is fast outgrowing me!

I love babies. It isn't just objective "cuteness" - its the vibe of getting to hold this little life and having them look at you and trust you - so sweet. We call it "Vitamin B."

- AB

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Somebody never won the baby of the year competition, and have built up an anger about it ever since, poor boo boo.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just like laughter and humor is a way of settling feelings associated with fear, so is saying 'aww, so cute.', or 'wow, the miracle of birth.' to a, just within days, new born baby, or baby as it is being born. It's a scary scene.

.. but a baby can be cute after a few months.
edit on 1-4-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Scary.. errr... wow, the miracle of birth!

Aww.. so cute!

edit on 1-4-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I guess you have never seen a newborn kitten?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I thought ours was OK looking, but people would stop and coo over him all the time. One or two told us we should submit his photo to a national baby contest. He still has the entire staff of our regular grocery store wrapped around his finger.

So other folks seem to think he's OK-looking. I'll take that.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I agree....sort of...but here is where I draw the line

I have never seen a cute baby...ever...in my life

BUT...I also recognize that I am biased because for me the thought of having children/caring for them frightens me...but a lot of that is MY issue...not the baby's.

Don't like them. NO I do NOT want to hold him/her

but again that is me...but in public/IRL I keep to myself...including my comments

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Oh KyoZero... Some day you might change your mind. Until then, its not in your biological drives and you are not at a stage where legacy looks like kids. There is something almost mystical in the birth of a child - looking into the fathomless eyes of a being who is awake and aware and who needs you to survive is incredibly powerful. It is also humbling. There is a whole magnitude of love that exists between parent and child that I never would have known if I hadn't brought a couple of the wee ones into the world.

It's also a massive amount of work and personal sacrifice - NOT for the faint of heart!!

Now off to work...

- AB

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

When my son was born I saw him before he took his first breath - and he was blue..

I believe I screamed at that point and said OMG he's an alien!

the doctor did reassure me he was definitely a human baby and showed him to me after he breathed and turned pink..

now, while the wrong color child can be scarey, I am very glad he wasn't born looking like a monkey or a calf, for instance, because quite frankly I am human, and I will only be satisfied and happy with the fully human kind!

And because I am fully human, ALL human babies are beautiful!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I can virtually guarantee you that at 36, and having already been...[snipped]...that it won't be a desire of mine. ((btw I may be giddy with exhaustion, but I thought it would have been funny if a mod did their [SNIP] thing to this post...lol))

BUT...make no mistake. I revere parents. I think they have an amazing job and are selfless beyond discussion. Way more than I. My love goes to my partner and horse...and my mother. Amazing woman.

And like I said; these are personal feelings only. I don't talk poorly about parents and I do NOT get into a match with a mother having a screaming kid at a store. I mean...I don't know bunk about parenting and I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect so I keep my trap shut.

But to you mothers and fathers I salute you...genuinely

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

And because I am fully human, ALL human babies are beautiful!

Not sure I get this part. I mean this 100%. I may be reading it absolutely wrong so if I am just skip this post.

Are you meaning to say people who don't find babies beautiful or cute aren't worthy of humanity?

Like I said...and I will say it again. I may have totally mistook that and if I did then apologies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join