It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Love Jesus taught: Unity, Compassion, Empathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I will be using Jesus's Words only. We can start here because it says what the "Law of God" is and then warns people to stay on this Narrow Path:

Matthew 7:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Treating others as you would like to be treated and loving your neighbour as yourself is compassion, empathy, and fairness (treating others as equals).

Loving others as yourself agrees with the teaching about giving and it being given back to you (Luke 6:38), and agrees with "blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy" (Matthew 5:7) and also agrees with the teaching about judging not lest ye be judged for the judgment you used will be judge to judge you and how you measure will be measured to you (Matthew 7:1-2).

Keep in mind, Jesus told people to pray saying "Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name". He didn't say to pray saying "Father of Jesus only who art in Heaven", because he didn't want us to feel separate from God, so much, that he told people not to look here or there for The Kingdom of God because it comes without a sign since The Kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21).

Unity seems to be the essence behind Jesus teaching which is why it makes sense that when you give, it is given to you, whether that be general giving like charity or even giving forgiveness and mercy over judgment.

The whole thing about Jesus saying he came not to bring peace but a sword and division (Matthew 10:34-36) was actually taken from a follower of the israeli war god yahweh named Micah (Micah 7:6) and not Jesus's actual teachings. Maybe, they plagiarised it because they thought it was a prophecy Jesus needed to fulfill.

Unity consciousness is what Jesus Christ taught. Jesus Christ is The Light of The Word (John 9:5), but so are YOU (Matthew 5:14), it's when we dont hold on to the teaching of Unity, which is what Christ came to teach, is when we are in darkness. Those who are in darkness know not where we are going (John 12:35).

Light = Divine Order, The Law of God, Compassion, Unity, Love Thy Neighbour As Thyself

This is how we know if we are in The True Light.

I made a few recent threads calling this or that a deception, so now I decided to make a thread about the essence of The Truth Light which orders with beauty, harmony, and love, and leads to peace.

The True Light be with you.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Loving others as yourself is to fulfill the law. We can all fulfill the law if we love others unconditionally, Jesus' sacrifice isn't needed for the law to be fulfilled, only love and forgiveness for others. Only those who do not want to love and forgive others, no matter who they are or what they've done, feel the need for a sacrifice. Either that or they do not believe unconditional love is possible, that may be even sadder.

S&F

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am not a Biblical scholar. And while quotes have their purpose the Bible barely makes sense in context, it will never make sense out of context scrambled together.

I however like books so I have a son named Micah and I am familiar with this particular book in the Bible for this reason (and its also short.)

www.insight.org...

www.easyenglish.info...

Your post would make more sense if all the books you utilized quotes from have context.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

In what way did the post not make sense to you? I tried my best to stay to the topic of unity and use mainly the basic Sermon on The Mount teachings.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If you read either link I posted. You would get a better understanding of the book of Micah. Micah warned against false gods. The people were worshipping Baal and Moloch.

The book of Micah is not fully understood IN CONTEXT in your post. Therefore how you describe Micah isn't correct either

ETA: In your Op you quote tiny peices of Luke, Mathew and John. As I am not familiar with those texts like I am the book of Micah I want to express to you that if you utilize the entire work you will see the whole picture. I am aware your post is what is traditionally done in church, however that's why most people don't understand the bible. They've spent their entire lives reading gots in peice meal.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

edit on 31-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I didn't describe the Micah quote at all. I said it was copied probably because it was seen as a prophecy for Jesus to fulfill, so Matthew copied it and said Jesus said that to fulfill it.

I didn't describe the book of Micah because I didn't want to get off topic, so I only mentioned how that one verse was taken and put in Matthew (and eventually Luke).

Edit: I've read Matthew and Luke - these quotes are Jesus's words only given in The Sermon on The Mount.
edit on 31-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The whole thing about Jesus saying he came not to bring peace but a sword and division (Matthew 10:34-36) was actually taken from a follower of the israeli war god yahweh named Micah (Micah 7:6) and not Jesus's actual teachings. Maybe, they plagiarised it because they thought it was a prophecy Jesus needed to fulfill.

I have cut and paste this because its easier on my phone.

Am I not reading that you typed Micah was a follower of an Isreali war god Yahweh?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Correct. I assume that Micah, the actual person (despite not explaining the book) worships yahweh if his book made it into the tanakh/ot.
edit on 1-4-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The second link I gave you gives you English layman's terms and Hebrew definitions. Assume you want to understand the authors intended meaning to the text you quoted and take a look.

Your unwillingness to even look doesn't allow you to show me why we disagree. Are you more familiar with the complete texts of the other books you are referencing? The Cannon of the Bible can be compared to an anthology in today's terms. So, the many books overlap and even refer to each other. If you don't understand the context you can decide what the text MEANS TO YOU PERSONALLY which can be spiritual however it may not be the intended message.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
I appreciate your post relative to unity. Indivisible unity pervades all that we ever experience, though we tend to identify with a sense of separation inside the body-mind, and so that unity is not obvious.

But the heart needs that unity and so a search for it is continuously generated in bodily, emotional, and mental terms. But it is only when we surrender to the indivisible Reality we all arise in and are a modification of, that our great search unwinds and the heart feels the inherent unity that pervades everything and that is always the case.

As you indicate, Jesus' two great commandments are all about unity - non-dualism, in which one recognizes their non-separation from the very One in whom all arise, through complete love and surrender of the body-mind to the Divine.

Thank you for the thread.

edit on 4/1/2015 by bb23108 because:

new topics

top topics

join