It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon’s Dash Button Is Not a Hoax, It’s Phase One

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Stupid!
you will get one from Evey company!

next day you get 2375 boxes of Daz???
oh! the dog was chewing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right... don't bother reading anything just post your first knee-jerk reaction.

Well played.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If this is a free one push thing to order stuff I'd take it and use it. It seems helpful when I alwayys forget to make a list or wait too long until I'm out of something.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Looks pretty handy. It might be nice to have one on the inside of the cabinet door under my sink. I'd notice I'm running low on trash bags, push the button and order more.

Heck, I have an Amazon Echo that never gets used. This though, I probably would use. About the only neat thing the Echo does is the simon says feature. I'll hide in another room and whisper stuff like, "NSA node 34 activated" into the remote. My girl will then freak out and tell me that the Echo has been going off on its own.

I've been doing this occasionally now for weeks. I keep telling her she's just hearing things. I'm in this one for the long troll.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What the hell is that button you have in the basement Becky. We pressed it twenty times and we didn't see anything come on. I asked your kids (my grandkids) and they pressed it too and none of us could find out what it turns on.

That won't happen. Apparently you can only hit it once until the item you ordered is delivered. Only then will other hits be registered.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If they have one for beer, and cannibus in states where its legal, and cigarettes, and it arrives by quad copter within an hour, that'd be pretty cool... Oh, and also delivery food like pizza, chinese, KFC, etc.

Edit to add: And Starbucks as another member mentioned. Or if you could use it as an atm machine and have some cash delivered by quad copter. There could be problems with people shooting down or otherwise capturing the copter to take the items or cash, but maybe they could attach some 360 degree view cameras with a constant feed updated to a cloud storage or constantly viewed on a screen by an amazon employee in case anything goes wrong and a gps transponder as well as a safe with a keypad where the customer enters a pin number and stealing one with cash would be like the same crime as breaking into an atm machine and stealing one with anything other than cash would be considered 1st degree theft since the copter and added equipment alone, nevermind the product it delivers would be worth at least $1,000.
edit on 4/1/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I have a save on food delivery app ( canada) I use now. I add stuff to my list then proceed to checkout, pick a delivery time and the food is dropped off . I'm disabled and can't get out to shop. I love it and I finally have fresh food to eat! I wasn't eating well before this came along. There's moms doing it so they don't need to pack the kids in the car to go shopping, everyone using it is loving it. It's not in all stores yet. They send the freshest food and if you can't get what you asked for they send a substitute for free. I got free blueberry muffins last time.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm grateful to the guy who invented 'the shopping list', if it gets lost, no cost, just write another one, don't have to worry about an electric charger for it, the list paper is usually white but you can have any color pen you like.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Nope .. on the rare times need to make a purchase prefer the old fashioned way .. go to shop .. check the item if it meets standards purchase .. using gasp!! actual cash not plastic ..

Still using AOL too? The future is confusing.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I saw this too and thought, "hah not falling for it!" only to come here and see it's seemingly for real. I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoy physically going to the store. Sure it's not always fun, especially if you're in a hurry, but it gives me a moment to catch up on my thoughts as I wonder through the aisles picking up the items I need. Plus, sometimes you meet friends and can have a quick chat, or heck, even make new ones. I like the social interaction. Something I feel we're getting less and less of today.

We're all so busy with our phones, we do drive through if we need to grab a quick bite to eat, order online... Soon we'll be sitting in a little box with a touch screen in front of us and a slot for take out delivered to us by drones. No need to go outside, meet people.

I jest of course, but it feels like that's where we're heading.

On a more positive note, I like the idea of the button. Especially for harder to find items. I like to make things, from furniture to motorcycles and there's a slew of things that I have to order specifically online because it's not viable for local stores to carry them. I wouldn't mind having a little part of my wall with a few of these buttons that I can just press when I know I need more of that product. That would truly be one less hassle for me.

Otherwise, like I said I'm more than happy to wade through various isles to find what I need personally.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

i was thinking it would be great for people that aren't so good with computers. or people who cant get out/ get around as easily.

It also just seems pretty freaking lazy, and like succumbing to your own dumbassery

why is there always some cynical douchebag that has to put down new ideas or tech... there's always that one guy...

I would use it, more importantly I'd give one to my mother who cant use a computer to save her life.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

. I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoy physically going to the store.
a reply to: 2Spooky4Me

ok grandpa, but the rest of us in the 21st century find the hassle of dealing with all the retards out there a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

I just hit my 30's. I'm not that old yet. And if you're dealing with so many "retards" that you can't cope with hitting up the store, then I suggest it's time to move.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

From your link...

How is DRS different from Dash Button?
For consumables that aren't associated with a device (such as sport drinks or paper towels), Dash Button provides a simple standalone solution for DRS integration. For consumables that are associated with a device (such as water filters or printer cartridges), device makers have two options for integrating with DRS: they can integrate a physical button right into their device for reordering, or they can measure consumable usage so that reordering happens automatically.

How is this an April Fools day joke? Unless I am missing something, I love the idea and think it would help get rid of WalMart, and anything to do that I am all for!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Whoa, guys, this is a real thing! If you're a Prime member, you can request an invitation to participate in the Beta testing (I requested an invite)

Dash terms page, 3 links
Beta invite page

If you are scatterbrained as you say about these things, wouldn't you forget you just ordered the soap? Oh well, what the hell, having twenty containers of soap on hand just means you are a prepper.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: rickymouse
What the hell is that button you have in the basement Becky. We pressed it twenty times and we didn't see anything come on. I asked your kids (my grandkids) and they pressed it too and none of us could find out what it turns on.

That won't happen. Apparently you can only hit it once until the item you ordered is delivered. Only then will other hits be registered.

That is what they want you to believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: hellobruce

From your link...

How is DRS different from Dash Button?
For consumables that aren't associated with a device (such as sport drinks or paper towels), Dash Button provides a simple standalone solution for DRS integration. For consumables that are associated with a device (such as water filters or printer cartridges), device makers have two options for integrating with DRS: they can integrate a physical button right into their device for reordering, or they can measure consumable usage so that reordering happens automatically.

How is this an April Fools day joke? Unless I am missing something, I love the idea and think it would help get rid of WalMart, and anything to do that I am all for!

While I'm no big fan of WalMart, the corporation does employ a hell of a lot of people.

Due to Amazon's efficiency, they employ a lot fewer workers.

I shop at Amazon quite a bit but if WalMart fails, it would devastate a lot of communities.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

why is there always some cynical douchebag that has to put down new ideas or tech... there's always that one guy...

That wasn't very nice.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hmmm I'll bet these are all brand name things. How many times have I gone to the store and wound up bringing home the local off brand because it's often just as good and cheaper? Any takers on the dash button for that?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I do that too. I also started using this line of natural cleaners that may be BS but smell awesome. I'm doubting they'll get a button.

I think it would make far more sense to have a button that you could program to order whatever item you wanted. I don't even think it would be hard to rig that up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join