It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Interested In Politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here I am not so much asking you if you are interested in politics. I'm just exploring what that means. If someone were to ask me this question, it would be difficult to give a straightforward answer. Why? Well, I am quite highly interested, and passionate about, certain political theories. Most particularly the idea of individual freedom, and the illegitimacy of all restriction thereof that is not directly harmful or limiting to another.

But am I interested in politics? Well, I can tell you that as a rule I am not interested in elections. I see the larger controls at work, which transcend so-called political divisions and separation of media into various outlets. There is clearly forces at work which are bigger than that, and have the whole thing pre-defined. The conflicts themselves are pre-defined. As are the 'legitimate opinions.' These pre-defined 'legitimate opinions' are espoused by 'opposing factions' in the political scene, and people get lost in these false conflicts to such a degree that they don't even see the powerful forces at work that these 'debates' and elections don't do a damn thing about. And the media is a mouthpiece to legitimize these conflicts, to give their stamp of approval to a few 'socially approved' views, and watch as people think that's all there is, there really are no other legitimate opinions. There is no other way. Let's just wait for the media to tell us who the 'good' candidates are, and we'll vote for one of them.

The only time I have ever been excited about a political election was when Ron Paul was running for the republican nomination for president. That gave me incredible hope and optimism, helped me increase my passion for these issues. This showed me as much as anything the power of the political and media machine, and the capacity for the population to passively accept anything that is told to them. 'He's not a legitimate candidate. This other guy, though, he's a front runner, he can win.' How many people said, 'Well, really I like him more than the other guys. But he's not legitimate, he can't win.' Well, because the media said he was illegitimate and can't win, millions of people believed he was illegitimate and couldn't win, thus he was illegitimate and couldn't win. You see? Circular. Mental realities fabricated by the media.

So am I interested in an election, in a candidate? Well, there is one question you can ask, which will say whether there is any chance I may be interested. Is this guy considered radical, revolutionary, and spoken of disparagingly by the entirety of the existing mainstream? If he's not, there's just no chance I could be interested. Which doesn't mean that I will support anyone who is radical. It simply means that if someone is accepted into the fold of mainstream politics, I basically hate him. There is no chance whatsoever I could support him. He's contributing to the radical and widespread manipulation of the population, at scales and at depths which we can hardly fathom. If he's media-approved, you can be sure he's not gonna do much good. Nothing of substance will change.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Like most people here I like to call it being fluent in current events, real ones, not socially popular ones.

And yes imagining a more intelligent world you speak of with rights of the citizen, not how can we profit from them or use them.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Short answer: NO! ew!

long answer: No, but...

As you said, Nothing will really change. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. The plans of the true leaders will continue unhindered.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

"Are you interested in politics?"

Yes. I'm interested in abolishing it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I think most politicians are the same now.. but the biggest problem I have is that the debates, the major debates, are strictly limited to the republican and democrat primary candidates... ever since Ross Perot, the third parties have not been permitted ... and the way our system is setup .. no third party could really win... that is more the problem.. we're a democracy? ha..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Its cheap entertainment .. though way to predictable on plot .. they need to do something to liven it up .. maybe deathmatches between politicians or attractive naked women in office ..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I want nothing to do with politics beyond the local level. I don't think anyone that was qualified or intelligent would want to be part of the cluster that is Washington DC.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't have any interest but feel compelled to understand the major stupidity at the very least. Its worse than high school cliques. I've sat in federal congress as a h.s feild trip, I've sat in Maryland state congress for my child's feild trip.( Mine was more fun btw, they had way too many safelty rules I didn't have to deal with.)

Am I the only one that dislikes soaps and real life soaps are just not worth my time.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
lol politics are a choice no one likes politics unless they are looking to make a quick buck and eff over everyone around them

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
westminster democracy is a slave system keeping us in check for 400 years.

we need to abolish it and give direct democracy a try

top topics

join