It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions on the origins of the Palestinian people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

In the meantime, Muslims are about to slaughter Palestinians.

ISIS fighters clash with Palestinians in refugee camp in Damascus, activists say

Source

Lets watch if there is world outrage.

I think we would all agree the whole world is already disgusted and outraged at ISIS. But don't let that stop you trying to make some sort of twisted statement.

ETA Come to think of it, is ISIS really the yardstick you want to hold Israel up to?

If there is no outrage of equal proportions then it is all about anti Semitism and has nothing to do with Palestinians.
Watching and waiting to see the level of outrage, what is wrong with that?

So Israel is on par with ISIS in your eyes?

No ISIS are much much worse, but they will get ignored while Israel got demonized to no end.

The why compare Israel to them? I already said the world hates them, you are comparing them.

Nope I am not comparing them at all.

I am comparing the two portrayals of events.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TinfoilTP

When ISIS have been around for 68 years doing this daily...

& even then if there is a lack of outrage (yawn)...

Then you might be able to claim anti-Semitism!

Better yet, when Ashkenazi Europeans become Semitic people...
That's when it'll be about anti-Semitism.

Ashkenazis crying about anti-Semitism is like the KKK screaming racism against black people affects them.

Everywhere ISIS goes and takes over, they slaughter people in cold blood. There is not even a debate about this.
So who is going to be the bad guy to you here, ISIS or Assad when he starts shelling the site as the ISIS hide behind the Palestinians as human shields?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i wonder if the modern day palestinians have more blood relation to the the original hebrew israelites than the european jews that claim israel now. in my opinion i think most jews do have some original hebrew dna but i'm guessing that w all the intermarriage and conversions that happened throughout their times in europe that the modern day palestinians are closer in relation to the ancient jews than modern day jews are.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The bad guy to me is Al Baghdadi & Bashar Al Assad...

Both evil twisted sickos.

I think it's interesting you expect outrage about ISIS in a thread about the origins of Palestinians.
Most probably don't know what you have shared.

I'm even more surprised you actually class those refugees as Palestinian.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I don't know when Jews became a race to be honest.

Apparently anyone who converts is a "Son of Abraham"...
Or "Ben Avraham" in Hebrew.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The bad guy to me is Al Baghdadi & Bashar Al Assad...

Both evil twisted sickos.

I think it's interesting you expect outrage about ISIS in a thread about the origins of Palestinians.
Most probably don't know what you have shared.

I'm even more surprised you actually class those refugees as Palestinian.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

Now you doubt they are even Palestinians?

Didn't you know that camp has historically been considered the capital of exiled Palestinian camps by the UN since 1948?

The UN says about 18,000 Palestinian refugees are inside the camp.

Prior to the Syrian civil war, it had more than 150,000 refugees living there, and its own mosques, schools and public buildings.

First built for Palestinians fleeing the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, Yarmouk was once considered by many to be the de facto capital of the Palestinian refugee diaspora.

BBC Source
edit on 1-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't know when Jews became a race to be honest.

Apparently anyone who converts is a "Son of Abraham"...
Or "Ben Avraham" in Hebrew.

i understand that "jewish" is not a race, i was just responding to the o.p. who seems to be arguing that the palestinian people are not blood related to the land and my argument is that the palestinian people might in fact have more of a blood relation to the land than the actual jewish people that claim it now. strictly speaking from a religious point of view being that any "jewish" person can lay claim to the land would be a different argument.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I'm quite well aware of that...

I didn't think you accepted that Palestinians existed!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

In the meantime, Muslims are about to slaughter Palestinians.

ISIS fighters clash with Palestinians in refugee camp in Damascus, activists say

Source

Lets watch if there is world outrage.

Everything ISIS has done so far has benefited Israel. They claim to fight for Muslims but do the exact opposite. Murdering and raping people across Iraq and Syria, fighting Assad and now Palestinians and you still call them Muslims?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some good informative posts so far , thank you very much !

Having said that, can we try our best to keep the thread on topic . I do understand that given the subject matter it may prove difficult , but let's try .

Thanks in advance.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Very interesting point, I to have wondered this very same thing . Not to mention the Persian blood that must also be mixed into the lot .

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Found a somewhat interesting video related to the topic.

The video makes reference to UK as one of the driving forces in promoting " Nationalism " in the region during WW1 as a way to weaken the Ottoman Empire , who was alied with Germany at the time.

Given how strong nationalism is now a days I can't imagine a time when a nation as large as the OE was where the people it ruled didn't seek some form of independence . However that could also be why , as reported in a posted article, why people living in the region identified themselves by religion and not " race" .

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm quite well aware of that...

I didn't think you accepted that Palestinians existed!

Of course they exist, because the neighboring Arab states refused to absorb them after they lost the wars they started.
As you see here, perpetual refuge camps funded by the UN are the only inheritance the Arab nations provided for them after their defeat.

Now they use these camps as nothing more than human shields, whether it is Hamas or now ISIS. The whole regions disrespect for their own people is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

very interesting read that touches on some key points covered in the posted documentary above .

It would seem that the UK during WW1 promised the world to the Arab people as a way to get them to rebel against their rulers the Ottomans .

Problem was , UK and France realy didn't intend on honoring their agreement but saw fit to carve the land up to suit their own desires, aside from the area called Palistine .

Problem was the desire to create nationalism with in the region by UK to be used as a tool against the Ottomans backfired when it came to finding a solution with Palistine .

One of the biggest issues to the Arabs was the intent to move the European Jews to the region . The link posted above is to a document called " The White Paper of 1939" . This paper was suppose to be a solution to have the area ruled jointly by Arab and Jew with power being based on represention based on the groups population numbers. The sticking points on both sides seem to be the number of Jewish imagrents that would be allowed in each year .

Needless to say nither side , Arab or zionist Jew, were happy with this solution .
It would seem that this paper and the resulting aftermath is what eventually evolved into the issues we now see plaguing the area.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here's a report from the nice people at Britannica where they give a pretty lengthy review on Palistine, going back to antiquity.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO. Thanks for posting the White Paper link! That answered a lot of questions I have alwaays had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join