It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am nobody special. Ask me anything.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Just the opposite: I think you are correct...

As one who posed the question, posted it, are waiting for responses to it...therefore that ultimately defines you as that person, questioner, member, poster etc.....ergo "someone"...not "no-one" but at the very minimum...you are at least the above.

You asked for questions, got one from me, answered it...as "someone who posted the original query".

Therefore, you are not defined as a "nobody"...but a "somebody-someone" posing a question. At the very least.

PS What color is the sky in your world?!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ok. What makes you claim you are nobody special? We are all special in some way.

There is no quantifiable quality that I possess that isn't readily available in the majority of Humankind.

Do most people see multiple UFOs?

👣

I do not know. But having experienced something my mind cannot accurately interpret is no more astounding than cavemen worshiping lightning.

According to surveys I've seen, 1 person out of 10 has seen a UFO. That makes you special, in at least one way.

Rare accomplishments and experiences make people rare, hence special.

Life is special, so everyone is special. Rare people are more so.

👣

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just the opposite: I think you are correct...

As one who posed the question, posted it, are waiting for responses to it...therefore that ultimately defines you as that person, questioner, member, poster etc.....ergo "someone"...not "no-one" but at the very minimum...you are at least the above.

You asked for questions, got one from me, answered it...as "someone who posted the original query".

Therefore, you are not defined as a "nobody"...but a "somebody-someone" posing a question. At the very least.

PS What color is the sky in your world?!

Ok, if you wish to discuss the fine points of grammar, you are entirely correct. Although contextually, the sentence implies that while my existence obviously makes me 'someone', I am not a special or remarkable 'someone'.
And it's a fading blue, with the beginning of sunset colors in the west.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ok. What makes you claim you are nobody special? We are all special in some way.

There is no quantifiable quality that I possess that isn't readily available in the majority of Humankind.

👣

I do not know. But having experienced something my mind cannot accurately interpret is no more astounding than cavemen worshiping lightning.

According to surveys I've seen, 1 person out of 10 has seen a UFO. That makes you special, in at least one way.

👣

I admire the joy your philosophy likely imparts on your life and the lives of those around you.
My pragmatism would argue that being an exception does not necessarily make one exceptional.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

👣

👣

I admire the joy your philosophy likely imparts on your life and the lives of those around you.
My pragmatism would argue that being an exception does not necessarily make one exceptional.

That looks like a tautology to me.

/shrug

By definition an exception is exceptional.

You can be a special snowflake. Jack was.

👣

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

👣

👣

That looks like a tautology to me.

/shrug

By definition an exception is exceptional.

You can be a special snowflake. Jack was.

👣

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Ok, you win the wordplay game, Blue One, but the textbook definition of exceptional wasn't the actual concept being discussed. And I don't discount that the possibility of my personal exceptionalism exists. But it has not occurred.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Do you practice a profession or your passion to pay the bills?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wondering5740

Do you practice a profession or your passion to pay the bills?

A bit of both. While my profession is not what I would truly call my passion, I do VERY much enjoy my job. My passion would be opening a brewery. Unfortunately, that is not my profession. But my profession is personally gratifying, and enjoyable.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Do you know anyone in the CIA...FBI...or the Secret Service?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Should I keep trying to get a date with a yummy mummy after two date turn downs and no reply to a text?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Do you know anyone in the CIA...FBI...or the Secret Service?

I have a family member who was a Special Agent with the FBI for about ten years. He resigned to take a position with a state police department.
I have met employees of the NSA while the Utah Data Center was under construction.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marc72

Should I keep trying to get a date with a yummy mummy after two date turn downs and no reply to a text?

That depends on a few things. Do you think there's a reasonable chance she won't consider it overbearing or creepy? Are either of you involved with someone else?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well I'm trying not to be creepy after the last non response. I think were both single at the moment. We have previous( just fun) before she was in a long term relationship. Which was 22 years ago. She was very flirty before her break up. Is she just being a player?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Buicks and S&W .38 pistols

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well I'm trying not to be creepy after the last non response. I think were both single at the moment. We have previous( just fun) before she was in a long term relationship. Which was 22 years ago. She was very flirty before her break up. Is she just being a player?

Do you think that maybe she suspects you're the one being the player? Perhaps she doesn't just want a quick bang and bounce, but thinks that's all you're after. I obviously can't read her mind, but since you added the age factor to the equation I would say it's a possibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert
a reply to: BlueMule

Buicks and S&W .38 pistols

What about them, in particular. Buick makes fine cars, and a S&W .38 is a fine 2nd carry weapon.
Although I prefer a .357. A bit more punch, and you can also load .38 in it.
edit on 31-3-2015 by pfishy because: Pig thumbs

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice pfishy. It's true I'd like to jump her bones. But I'm a one woman man.

One a side note if I put a free flow air filter in my Volvo S60 t5 (which has a 300hp tune) will it make it to noisy under acceleration?

edit on 31-3-2015 by marc72 because: because of the moon

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice pfishy. It's true I'd like to jump her bones. But I'm a one woman man.

One a side note if I put a free flow air filter in my Volvo S60 t5 (which gas a 300hp tune) will it make it to noisy under acceleration?

Generally they do increase the tone and volume of the engine under acceleration, but too noisy is subjective. Are you trying to keep it sounding like a sleeper?
Personally I like the throaty sound of a good K&N breather on an engine.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marc72

Oh, and you are very welcome.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yes sleeper is very important. I have been known to drive it with a trilby hat and suit, grey beard, driving gloves and a box of tissues (kleenex) stuck to the parcel shelf.

Should I tell the yummy mummy about this kink?

edit on 31-3-2015 by marc72 because: spelling init and that and stuff and thing....................................

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join