It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am nobody special. Ask me anything.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

What about objects? Are some things special?

👣

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Should i leave society for ever and go live in a cave with a bat i'm gonna call batwoman? Or take my chances when society crumbles like a aids invested prostitute...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

What about objects? Are some things special?

👣

It would depend on the nature of the object. For instance, if a meteorite were to fall, and be quickly recovered, only to discover that it contained clear traces of purely alien genetic material, then special doesn't even begin to describe it.
But if it is the athletic supporter Tim Tebow wore during his 7th NFL career game, while it may be invaluable to someone with a specific mental illness, I'd have to say that no, it is just an object. And one I would NEVER want to find in my salad.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Should i leave society for ever and go live in a cave with a bat i'm gonna call batwoman? Or take my chances when society crumbles like a aids invested prostitute...

Are there sufficient resources in and around the cave for you to survive comfortably?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Then it would depend on the nature of the person, as to whether they are special or not, wouldn't it?

A rare meteorite would be special, a rare person would be special.

Suppose those UFOs you saw when you were a kid showed up and told you that you are special. How would that make you feel?

👣

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

Also, when society crumbles, will there be room in the cave for a harem? Your choice of gender. I'd imagine this would be necessary to mitigate the mind-killing boredom. Also because bats tend to split open and die when you f*** them. Uhh, I mean, I read somewhere that they do. Yeah, that's it...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Then it would depend on the nature of the person, as to whether they are special or not, wouldn't it?

A rare meteorite would be special, a rare person would be special.

Suppose those UFOs you saw when you were a kid showed up and told you that you are special. How would that make you feel?

👣

I never said that there weren't special people. I said that I don't believe that everyone is special just because they were born.
Gandhi was special. Mother Teresa was special. JFK was special.
I'm not.
And I would require them to thoroughly validate that statement if it did show up. Otherwise it would probably just be a case of them buttering my up for an anal probing.
edit on 31-3-2015 by pfishy because: Shrimp

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Those people had a lot of responsibility, pain, pressure.

Maybe you're special, but are scared of those things. So you try to convince yourself you aren't, so that you don't have to shoulder those burdens. If so I wouldn't blame you.

👣

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Maybe you're special, but are scared of those things. So you try to convince yourself you aren't, so that you don't have to shoulder those burdens. If so I wouldn't blame you.

👣

I've got my share of those things too. It is the remarkable amounts of them that they endured and the monumantal things they accomplished in spite of them that makes them special.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

👣

I've got my share of those things too. It is the remarkable amounts of them that they endured and the monumantal things they accomplished in spite of them that makes them special.

But by saying that, you're admitting there are special people.

👣

edit on 953Tuesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
ive got a question, why did you start an AMA for yourself? you dont seem overly interesting or open
. i'm not trying to be rude,but...

why would i ask you anything?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

👣

But by saying that, you're admitting there are special people.

👣

I actually did that about 4 posts upthread. Again, I never said there weren't special people. I merely said I am not. And I don't believe that everyone is simply by way of existing.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
ive got a question, why did you start an AMA for yourself? you dont seem overly interesting or open
. i'm not trying to be rude,but...

why would i ask you anything?

While I'm completely open, except for the few specific things I mentioned in the OP, I suppose interesting is purely subjective to the reader.
But I started it because I was curious as to what the outcome would be. No other reason.
Just simple human curiousity.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Ok. What makes you claim you are nobody special? We are all special in some way.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

And that wasn't rude in the least. Why DID you ask me something? I'd imagine it was for the same reason I started the thread.
I will say, I'm pretty surprised the questions have been so esoteric so far. I was expecting someone to have asked me about religious or political beliefs and gone rabid on me for them by now.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ok. What makes you claim you are nobody special? We are all special in some way.

There is no quantifiable quality that I possess that isn't readily available in the majority of Humankind.

Why do you think I'm incorrect?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

There is no quantifiable quality that I possess that isn't readily available in the majority of Humankind.

Do most people see multiple UFOs?

👣

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Do most people see multiple UFOs?

👣

I do not know. But having experienced something my mind cannot accurately interpret is no more astounding than cavemen worshiping lightning.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy DO YOU KNOW JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOR ?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: darylpriest
a reply to: pfishy DO YOU KNOW JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOR ?

(No need to shout.)
I am not a Christian. I have a personal belief structure and relationship with who and what I understand God to be, but I do not worship a man who has walked this Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join