It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh controversy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
From the files of Matt Drudge tonight:

www.drudgereport.com...

Whats your take on this?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well I find it funny, Limbaugh deserves it and a lot more. but there are other avenues to criticize him. The senior production people at SNL are right it is in bad taste, but they could be covering their butts from any fallout publicly and splitting a gut privately, I still think it is funny though

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Drug abuse only, it sounds more like alcohol to me, vomiting and passing out is more symptoms of alcohol abuse, than drugs alone.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It is rather funny, though...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If Ted Kennedy (hic) was shown in the same light would it still be funny? or because its SNL how about Jim Belushi - would that be funny?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
If Ted Kennedy (hic) was shown in the same light would it still be funny? or because its SNL how about Jim Belushi - would that be funny?

But this isnt about them, this is about Rush. Its plain and simple.

It might interest you to know that I was driving on Ocean street in Hyannis 2 years ago, had to slam my brakes because i almost hit a pedestrian- That pedestrian was Ted. DGTEMPE goes to jail: film at 11.

No kidding.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

It might be funny if they were hypocrites that made quotes like this:

'There's nothing good about drug use. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up,'

Why hasn't he turned himself in if he feels so strongly about it?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The title of this thread is Rush Limbaugh controversy. Where/what is the controversy?

Other than providing an avenue for people to show that they can take pleasure in someone elses pain, and demonstrating that there is no accounting for taste from those who consider it funny, what is the purpose of this thread?

Is it because Rush is a conservative? Would you find it as funny if such misfortune were visited upon a liberal?

:shk:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

as posted by dgtempe
But this isnt about them, this is about Rush. Its plain and simple.

Oh, another one of those "here and now" statements, eh?
I guess you missed his point about "if"?
Controversy? Not seeing it, other than what AceofBase mentioned?

AceofBase, as for your mentioning, I guess what goes around comes around, correct?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
?

Is it because Rush is a conservative? Would you find it as funny if such misfortune were visited upon a liberal?

:shk:
Its because he's a hypocrate- thats what it all boils down to.
Political affiliation has little to do with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
BACKSTAGE CONTROVERSY AFTER NBC DEPICTION OF LIMBAUGH

NBC's comedy depiction of talkradio king Rush Limbaugh passed-out in vomit from drug abuse ignited backstage outrage at SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

...hence the CONTROVERSY.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Much more to be "mad" about than the couple seconds of Limbaugh.

Um, Santa Claus called the red states "Dumb#istan" and refused to visit them. Rudolph's nose turned blue. Then Santa went to China Town with Moby, Natalie Merchant and Al Franken for dinner to talk about "What's the Matter with Kansas" (which I command all to read now) and stupid Christians.

Limbaugh was just in it as the man that was going to save Red State Christmas but passed out first.

And the anonymous "producer" got mad about THAT?

Of course, it balanced in the end when a little Cindy LooWho type in Michigan called Sanata a bigot for not visiting red state bigots and Christmas was saved. I guess that was the moral. I was still laughing at the "Dumb#istan" map.

It was seriously the best cartoon they've done in a while. I could take or leave the Limbaugh part though, but they made so much fun of Moby, Franken, etc. they had to have a conservative baffoon too.

Song: (I think it went) Not all conservatives are bigots, and not all rock stars Gay!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Drug abuse only, it sounds more like alcohol to me, vomiting and passing out is more symptoms of alcohol abuse, than drugs alone.

Depends on the painkillers that he was taking. It it was an opiate, then yeah, vomiting can be a side effect.

And this does make things different, since Rush was against the whole drug use thing, and wanted people who did drugs to be arrested and jailed. It makes a big difference. It's like the priest who preaches morals and then goes and sodomizes the altar boy. But he's a right-winger, so anything he does, even if it goes against what he says is ok, right?...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well thanks for the overall picture, RANT. Sounds like a funny episode overall, and puts the Limbaugh part into context.

How it evolved into the "Rush Limbaugh controversy" is a mystery, until we consider the source.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If people would do less preaching and more acting on the preaching, boy we would be in a wonderful place. World is full of hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Depends on the painkillers that he was taking. It it was an opiate, then yeah, vomiting can be a side effect.

Well thanks for the explanation now it makes more sense, and Rant, I guess we are accused of pointing and making a "division" in our country with our comments, but see, the division was already a done deal and we now can thank our comedians and media for pointing out with their cartoons.

And for preaching well, you should not preach into others what you don't believe yourself, and yes Spitting Cobra the world is full of hypcrites.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well thanks for the overall picture, RANT. Sounds like a funny episode overall, and puts the Limbaugh part into context.

How it evolved into the "Rush Limbaugh controversy" is a mystery, until we consider the source.

Jsobecky, i already told you it was Drudge who stated in his website "controversy" - Send him an email and arrange to meet him in a dark alley. k?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I found a link to the clip.

www.wesroth.com...

It really doesn't focus on Rush for very long.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Jsobecky, i already told you it was Drudge who stated in his website "controversy" - Send him an email and arrange to meet him in a dark alley. k?

Naw, I wouldn't want to take your place, dg.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
From the files of Matt Drudge tonight:

www.drudgereport.com...

Whats your take on this?

My take is that we have a little something in common. I check out Drudge for the "latest" news also.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join