It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Whole Indiana law thing...I'm Irritated.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

See the issue here then is the massive amount of christians who would likely have an attack if I opened a convenience store, saw a cross, and looked at my Isis tattoo and said "nope! not serving you"

They would EXPLODE.

Because the idea is equality for all...so long as I am more equal

And for the record, I have no name for what I am (spiritually speaking) but I believe in Her as the one and only for me. With that said, I would never not make a cake for a christian marriage or a muslim ceremony. Not a chance.

But it has been proven many times in this country that if you don't make discrimination illegal, huge sections will take that and run with it. So no...I would have NO problem with a law telling me those afore-mentioned cakes would be made. Not at all

Because I want the same thing afforded to me, or a black person, or a lesbian, or someone from Pakistan. But try as people might, you have only to look at history to see how well "self-regulation" works.

It's plastered on our history. Slavery, secession, then violence towards "freedmen" and those who supported equal rights which in many cases Grant had to fix by force or through military show. Ok so zoom forward. We got suffrage working in the 1870's and then it took almost 90 more years before we could get rid of "white's only" signs. And then look at the vote in the chambers.

Chamber Votes

A humongous section of the country voting against. But oh yes self regulation will take care of it. That's why it took 90 or so years and an Amendment to "regulate?" Then we needed an Equal Pay act and work for Women's Rights? Then the cases of xtian employers to enforce their will on employees?

So Do I think this bill will promote self regulation? Yes...but perhaps self-regulation to amend or destroy the bill.

It's pathetic.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I understand the Law was designed to Protect businesses from being Sued By The Tolerant Left

edit on 3-4-2015 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2015 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't see this as a gay/religious issue at all.

It's more to do with an overbearing sense of entitlement and aggressive consumers who won't take no for an answer, so they throw a temper tantrum online or to the press and always have their lawyers number on speed-dial.

I say this only because I've worked in retail the majority of my life and the past ten years the amount of pushy, overbearing and impossible to please customers has increased a hundred-fold. It's become an epidemic in some places.

Some folks out there are behaving as if their almighty dollar is a license to behave like an ass-hat to whomever they please.

It's infuriating.

That kind of rude behavior has nothing to do with ones sexual orientation, race, creed, nationality or whatever have you.

Yet everyone acts as if these customers who were turned away were automatically absolute freaking saints based on their sexual orientation and no other evidence. That is what pisses me off the most. That automatic assumption.

It's like people have forgotten where the term 'Drama Queen' originated.
(Hint : it has absolutely nothing to do with teenage girls.)

edit on 4/3/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I don't see this as a gay/religious issue at all.

It's more to do with an overbearing sense of entitlement and aggressive consumers who won't take no for an answer, so they throw a temper tantrum online or to the press and always have their lawyers number on speed-dial.

I say this only because I've worked in retail the majority of my life and the past ten years the amount of pushy, overbearing and impossible to please customers has increased a hundred-fold. It's become an epidemic in some places.

Some folks out there are behaving as if their almighty dollar is a license to behave like an ass-hat to whomever they please.

It's infuriating.

That kind of rude behavior has nothing to do with ones sexual orientation, race, creed, nationality or whatever have you.

Yet everyone acts as if these customers who were turned away were automatically absolute freaking saints based on their sexual orientation and no other evidence. That is what pisses me off the most. That automatic assumption.

It's like people have forgotten where the term 'Drama Queen' originated.
(Hint : it has absolutely nothing to do with teenage girls.)

I work in a restraunt and definately have to deal with the people your mentioning, however after 15 years of doing it I can't say it's gotten worse or better. There have always been dicks, and always will.

It's your brain that's lying to you lol. The same way every generation thinks the generation that follows music sucks. Your body builds up a tolerance for the "happy" chemicals your brain produces. That's why new music doesn't "move you" the way the music from your generations did. It's not that music was better then, it's that your brain takes more to get excited then when you were a teen. It's why every generation thinks the world is worse then when they were kids. Even tho the world has only trended up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join