It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Message icon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It's occurred also that without an email notification, that one has to keep logging in to see if there is mail. That's less than ideal.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Meduzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

I would opt out in email notifications. Many have some free email service email account for signing up, email which they never check otherwise.
There is enough spam on this virtual World, do we really need more of that?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

But email from here, isn't spam.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

Matter of opinion. If you like, email spam its your choice. There are a lot of sites where you subscibe and cannot really unsubcribe sending spam all the time. My choice in all is no email notification to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

It's unusual that spam reaches my mailbox, and I am not bothered when the odd one, does. Just as I can't see the point of gaffer-taping up the letterbox, just because of the odd leaflet for Dominoes pizza, and having to pop to the Post Office, just to collect my mail. But I'm not talking about other sites. And my opinion is, that I don't consider personal messages, spam. I find it a bit unusual, that anyone would.

Here, there isn't the choice of a notification. ATS should offer the option, then everyone would be happy. I log on infrequently, but I wouldn't want to leave a message sitting for days. My opinion is that the largest sites on the net, do PMs, better.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's been a month, yet, because of the uselessness of the message icon, my friend still hasn't realised that they have messages.

Is it so difficult to:

1) Understand that there is a problem with the method used to tell members that they have a message?
2) To actually fix this?

I see that others are also complaining.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2015 by Meduzi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join