It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Ads Suck, ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DarkATi

If you contribute more to the site, you stop seeing those ads. I don't see them at all.

yeah right whatever you say ats spokes person! I shouldnt have to pay for an ad free experience!

do you remember when ats had no stupid ads? pepperidge farm remembers.

I suspect this thread will get taken down though because the site overlords wants us to fall in line.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
double post for some reason. april fools joke maybe.
edit on 1-4-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Why would I apologise or even need to find evidence? Scroll up.

"Should have bought an iPhone".

To me that would imply that I'd own it, having bought it. I don't want an iPhone at all, whether I own it or not. You were located pushing the product in this very thread - nobody implied that you we benefiting from it. People are just like that...they think because they like something everyone else will.

Also - nobody has insulted me in this thread...but it's a growing trend on ATS as of late. I suppose people must achieve their status somehow..might as well bicker and squabble, hep rid my screen of the ads without having to buy yet another product I've intentionally gone out of my way to avoid.

Lastly, it wasn't a lecture not did you listen to it, unless you recorded yourself reading it out then listened to it, probably on your iPhone, either way I don't think ATS should pay you anything as nobody really made you hear, eh...read it.

Don't take it all to heart, just because I referred to you in my response doesn't mean the entire response was directed at you - I don't blame you personally for ATS' policies.

So, no apology I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
"Should have bought an iPhone".

Are you having a hard time using the quote feature here on ATS? Well you certainly have no issue throwing this website under the bus without even knowing how to communicate here.

To me that would imply that I'd own it, having bought it. I don't want an iPhone at all, whether I own it or not.

So you would own it, but not like it? LMAO! Jeezus, nobody was trying to make you Like Apple bro. The post was not a response to you, Calm down.

You're quite the piece of work Pal. Pretty simple, enjoy the ads while hating on Apple. ~$heopleNation

(post by Develo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

So you would own it, but not like it? LMAO!

I'd own it if I bought it...which I wouldn't - that's probably one of the dumbest, most circular arguments I've ever read on ATS - well done.

Are you having a hard time using the quote feature here on ATS?

Yes.

Sorry I hurt your feelings - I know how much the apple zealots love that junk.

ETA - someone already pointed out earlier in this thread that using programs to block ads is a violation of T&C.
edit on 2-4-2015 by samerulesapply because: Additional

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

ETA - someone already pointed out earlier in this thread that using programs to block ads is a violation of T&C.

Oh right, because it cuts down the revenues of the site.

I expected much better from people at ATS. So it's really all about traffic and money, like everything people criticize here.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DarkATi

If you contribute more to the site, you stop seeing those ads. I don't see them at all.

yeah right whatever you say ats spokes person! I shouldnt have to pay for an ad free experience!

I don't pay any money... By contribute I meant post. The better your content the more stars, flags, and applause you receive. Then your WATS score goes up and you see less ads.

do you remember when ats had no stupid ads? pepperidge farm remembers.

Yes, I've never seen any ads on this website. At least not any obtrusive ones. Though I wonder how you remember that. Your account was created in January. Have you really been a lurker for many years?

I suspect this thread will get taken down though because the site overlords wants us to fall in line.

The site overlords have already visited this thread and answered the question. Why would they take it down anyways?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

Oh right, because it cuts down the revenues of the site.

I expected much better from people at ATS. So it's really all about traffic and money, like everything people criticize here.

Make your way around for a bit and you will see how silly your comment was. It isn't about making money and traffic. To a point, SO HAS TO MAKE MONEY TO RUN THE SITE!!!!

How many times do people have to hear this!

[MODS!! I am NOT condoning this next statement just FYI!]

If everyone here went against ToC and blocked ad content and nobody clicked, the advertisers would think that there was no purpose for being here. If I had a product or service and 0% of the people on the site I advertise on saw or clicked my message, of COURSE I would pull the ad. So if everyone on ATS blocks these ads, pennies are taken. When pennies are taken on a massive scale, this site cannot function. This isn't like my little forum I run with a 100 members. This is ATS. This is a multi-million ((someone correct me)) page/view website. I pay a grand total of $300 a year for my website. Frankly, if I didn't care about personally dedicating my host and designing as I wanted to, I would have just used a free board. Point is, my site doesn't need ads. But I am pretty darn sure that this site costs a wee bit (see MUCH MUCH) more than my dinky site.

I am not saying SO doesn't make money. I think he would deserve to to have held this often-controversial and massive place together, but even if I erase a bit of bias, I can see clearly that if they didn't have support through ads, ATS does NOT exist. Ever.

So take your silly comment elsewhere. Of course this place needs money to function. But that is not mean SO, Springer and Crack sit back, wringing their hands and counting our pennies.

Have you ever in your life heard of a labor of love? I believe SO has said many times that ATS is his labor AND his love. Look at how ATS started. So because this site is in general against corporate hostilities, does that mean SO should have to dig in his own pockets to run something that costs a ton? I have a labor of love too.

I want to finish my MBA, maybe do my PhD (though I don't need to as I am a licensed therapist) and run my own private practice. It's going to be hard fought and cost a gallon of blood, sweat and tears. So should I just go ahead and pay for it myself?

Sorry....I'm just a bit exhausted by all this.

I get that some ads can be obtrusive. But OMG! SO has made a thread for EXACTLY that! A place where you can say, "SO, this ((name here)) ad is running all over my screen" and SO can see if he can fix the problem.

But all this whining drives me up a wall.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

First, there are paid members on ATS so it's another source of revenue.

Second, I participate in plenty of other forums and they NEVER condone the use or even talking of such programs.

There is no reason that ATS would need such a clause in their TOC to survive. Plus it's very much against the very values propagated on here. The internet is a free place and though I understand why they don't like these programs, making it an offense to mention them is just silly.

IMHO
edit on 2-4-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So they own the content I create, AND get to tell me not to use an adblocker to block their intrusive ads?

Isn't that 100% against the spirit of this site?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theCheddar

Isn't it 100% voluntary to be here?

(post by PlanetxIsComing removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'd own it if I bought it...which I wouldn't - that's probably one of the dumbest, most circular arguments I've ever read on ATS - well done.

Go back and read what you originally said, whatever it's not really that important.

Yes.

Top right hand corner of the post you want to quote, middle tab with the quote sign. You seem to have figured it out now though. So that is just for future reference in case you forget.

Sorry I hurt your feelings - I know how much the apple zealots love that junk.

No worries, I have thicker skin than that. Yeah ok, the only Apple product I own is a phone though.

There is no downloaded software, it's how the IPhone comes. Ask anyone, it's common knowledge. I see ads all the time on my PC though, but there not that bad if you know how to navigate websites.

A virus can't breach the IPhone either, just so you know that too. Since you like ads and having a virus so much, don't get one then. It really is just one Man's opinion, It's nothing personal. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Develo

Sorry, mate - I agree with you.

Not sure if it's true but someone said so earlier in this thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Actually I just type in the code manually - you use them little buttons do you?

Lol, an you've the outright audacity to be so condescending....lazy!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Also...I wasn't talking about iPhones when I referred to the ad blocking applications...can't you stop thinking about apple products for one second?

Apple fanboys, they're all the same.

I don't have viruses nor do I worry about them...I'm most grateful that you took the time to try an educate me in your especially condescending way - as for knowing how to navigate websites, that's an acquired skill!

But it's wasted on me, I'm afraid. As a web developer and programmer I have no problems in that regard.

Just to remind you, this is actually a thread about the ads on the site...and I'm contributing to it. I don't expect you'd like the fact that I pointed out that it's not the done thing to endorse some product, don't feel bad.

I'll bet you're not the only apple fan I've irked with my ill-informed comments, they're known for being touchy and quite defensive in that regard.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Actually I just type in the code manually - you use them little buttons do you?

Well let's just say that I try to take advantage of the things that make life easier, you should try it some time. Maybe then you would not be so uptight and mad at the world.

Lol, an you've the outright audacity to be so condescending....lazy!

Hey, I have been here on my PC for about an hour now, and guess what? = Not one single pop up ad. So go away, just don't go away mad now. Hope you stick around here on ATS though, you're a barrel of laughs. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Apple fanboys, they're all the same.

I already told you, I only own an IPhone. Oh wait, we did just get an IPad, but I don't use it! LMAO!

But it's wasted on me, I'm afraid. As a web developer and programmer I have no problems in that regard.

Well that is great. Then you can easily develop and program your own Website, and then quickly learn that it takes funding in order to keep it up and running. Trust me, I know.

Just to remind you, this is actually a thread about the ads on the site...and I'm contributing to it. I don't expect you'd like the fact that I pointed out that it's not the done thing to endorse some product, don't feel bad.

Says the guy who only wants to talk about how much he hates Apple products. Still no pop ads while on my PC by the way! Here is a little hint, stay off the main page bro. Problem solved. ~$heopleNation

edit on 2-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to The Worst Ads Ever! thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join