It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Analyst Calls For Nuclear Attack on Yellowstone National Park

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

You do know you have plenty of Fundy Christian "analysts" in the US too, who regularly call for all kinds of deranged things too, right?

This is not really noteworthy, he's one loud lunatic in one big asylum.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

I wasn't even speculating on the possibility of it happening. Just saying that if it were to happen, the amount of fall out would be negligible to the overall devastation that would occur. My initial post in this thread is more in response to the first three or four pages where people were commenting on the dangers posed by the fallout.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think that any talk of a nuclear strike anywhere is talk of madness and it does not matter where be it Yellowstone or GodKnowsWhere, Kansas.

Any "foreign blast" on someones soil, especially the USA will, IMHO, unleash a literal Hell on Earth. There can be not be any good that comes from any of it, only bad, worse and much much worse.

I do find it interesting that some would inhale saying that war is war, you must do what you must and then exhaling saying that it is too catastrophic. I guess a persons stance is determined where the event is.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1
This is how I see it. The US is pandering Russia right now thinking they are still the biggest power and everyone should do what they say. Russia is saying no way, we don't work that way.

The US does not seem to like that Russia may be becoming more powerful again. Putin said it straight out, we will not answer to a unipolar dominating country. If we want to go down our own path we will. That is not declaring war but at the same time is telling the most powerful country in the world they want to do their own thing.

However, if the US continues to encroach the Russian borders they will bring back cold war politics and Putin also mentioned this.

Make no mistake, this is where its all coming from. It is not Russian aggression, its not Putin's greed but its very much global economics and about the global banking system and the fact that Russia, China and others are excluding the US in future deals which the US is very nervous about.

The original article I previously posted by the Russian geo politician mentioned that the US may engage in war with Russia in the coming future.

A war between the US and Russia will be nuclear. No doubts about it. Its not a good thing and yes its catastrophic but it will happen unless one side changes it ways... and who thinks that will happen?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
After looking at this here is the thing:

The use of a nuke to start an earthquake, probably not going to do much. If anything it may just relieve the pressure in the area and stop such.

The problem with using it to start a volcano, the problem here is, that one would have to put the nuke into the ground, and it would have to be close to the magma chamber, then survive long enough to detonate before the heat destroyed it.

Yep all that sdcigarpig said........ additionally, what makes anyone thing there is bulging pressure under the caldera that would explode into an eruption. Most of the movement they measure comes from the snow packs weight, or the absence of. A static Yellowstone volcano would do little more than leak through whatever fissures were created. sure there would be large cracks, and very likely a temporary crater. Perhaps a volume of ash and or gasses would escape. And perhaps areas of raw magma might be exposed, but without being under tremendous pressure, there would be little explosive force issuing from the caldera. Now Devils advocate......... the gasses released along with the inherent radioactivity might be enhanced by the additional ejecta, rather than solely either separate event individually. Lol, sort of a Chicken Little scenario brewing.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Then no more globle worming!
would be a ice age.

a sub could bring the bomb.
but you would need to have it Deeep!
if US knows it got hit by a Nuc it would fire back.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stanislas

Russia invaded a former sattelite.
WE HAVE wargamed that and even EXPECTED them to as well.
NOW the mil Industrial Complex will DUST off all the OLD strategies and scale it down to the isolation of a nuke armed regional power and who wins?
NOT the average American .BUT YOU think otherwise don't you YOU think Russia would be STUPID enough to launch.
WHEN EVERY single human on the planet knows better, SOMEHOW you think some nutcase in the Kremln will formet global death.
I don't think they need Ukraine that badly.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

IF it were to work, it would be the most brilliant military strike ever.

No doubt, but if it didn't what comes back may be worse than they want.

And it's funny that many take his words as meaning he is advocating a strike on Yellowstone, when he really is helping the US by pointing out some soft areas we take for granted.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I would like to say, and this may be utterly naive, but rather than be pussy-footing around about going to Mars, which we all know is a hoax, we should be studying how to defuse Yellowstone.

I, myself am building a bunker under my house. I'm down now about 15 feet, having just drilled through my slab and found considerable bedrock. I got a geological survey and it's going to be hard work.

I should have a secret bunker built in about 10 years of daily digging. I'm trying to figure out how to get a used bank vault door, and we're looking into purchasing a building that used to house an actual bank vault. I'm not sure if they'd let us live there, since it's commercially zoned.

More later when I find out the details.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Wow.... And how this russian thinks that nuking US would solve the issue?
It would create even more massive destruction..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
I would like to say, and this may be utterly naive, but rather than be pussy-footing around about going to Mars, which we all know is a hoax, we should be studying how to defuse Yellowstone.

I, myself am building a bunker under my house. I'm down now about 15 feet, having just drilled through my slab and found considerable bedrock. I got a geological survey and it's going to be hard work.

I should have a secret bunker built in about 10 years of daily digging. I'm trying to figure out how to get a used bank vault door, and we're looking into purchasing a building that used to house an actual bank vault. I'm not sure if they'd let us live there, since it's commercially zoned.

I see you are taking some serious action considering the issue. If something catastrophic happens, you are planning to live rest of your life underground with your family?
For me, it wouldn't be worth to live in these conditions...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Your secret bunker is now not-so-secret. For the right price, I'm sure it could be done. They built The Greenbrier without much notice, after all.

I keep imagining a mix of "Time Enough At Last" and Blast From The Past.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Source is Infowars.

Not credible.

If he did say it, he'll just be some lone nutjob calling into some shockjock tv show to say 'NUKE THE YANKIES!'

Not to be taken even remotely seriously.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

I read a book that has left its mark on me when I was a pre-teen. Your post reminded me of that book after not giving it a thought for a long time. If you like to read, give this a whirl when you have some time.

Level 7

Another "sobering" movie about nuclear war that was thrust unexpectedly on the British people during prime time is another sobering look at nuclear war, ironically starting when the US keeps messing with Iran and Russia and the US go all out. It is called "Threads" and if you ever get to watch this you will forever be altered. Again if you have the time, read the reviews on the following IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) and form your own interest.

Threads

I guess my main point is, in reality, nobody is safe in a nuclear exchange.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Terminal1 because: clarity

edit on 2-4-2015 by Terminal1 because: need moar coffeez

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well that would be stupid.

Is Russia not cold enough?

Starred and exactly on point.

Volcanic winter is alot colder and longer lasting than nuclear winter.

Worldwide of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Anybody know has even a basic understanding of volcanology knows that a surface detonation of a nuclear weapon would only devastate a pristine environment...its a caldera, it has to be deep subterranean and positioned to explode in such a way that I honestly don't think is possible to covertly achieve.
Its not completely unstable like a game of Jenga...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I agree!
The world has gone insane...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: stanislas

Russia invaded a former sattelite.

Heh. Can you tell me which one?

@ topic
Its taken out of context... Dont belive in that propaganda. USA government and western media are like in berserk frenzy... Against Russia.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: voiceofthecielago

Naturally I know most is propaganda,I ALSO know they were inevitably going to take that port back one day ,but NOT Ukraine which is why WE are discussing this.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Does he realizes that he woudl die as well? If yellowstone blew up, 99% of manking would die.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join