It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had (what I think) is a GENIUS idea for ATS...check this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok going to have to add this....this is JUST a funny/silly not-to-be-taken-seriously idea

Ok so most of us have been around long enough to hear the ole

"Hey this topic was already discussed" issue.

You go into a thread, interesting or not, and someone is like "This is already being discussed at ((source/link))"

Ok fair enough. If the new thread has a different direction I think we should leave it alone

BUT...if the new thread adds nothing AND the original thread is AWESOME...I have a suggestion....here it is

We add a new function to ATS. It's called

"Kanye"

You clink on the Kanye link and find the source link you would rather see discussed/added to AND the screen name of the OP of that original thread as well as the screen name of the NEW thread...now here is the magic

Then the Kanye link does something awesome. When you add the source and original screen name of the OP and the screen name of the new OP it will produce a form that says this...here is an example

Say that someone wants to start a new thread about free education. They open said thread but you notice that this link Free Education already was started by Aazadan

It would turn into this

"Yo, KyoZero, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but Aazadan had one of the best discussions on Free Education of all time...one of the best discussions of all time" See Free Education

Naturally there would be an icon or jpeg of Kanye when he interrupted Taylor Swift

bear in mind this is ONLY an example...not picking on anyone

You can't tell me that wouldn't be awesome!

edit on 31-3-2015 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That is the best idea ever!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Love the idea, but I think it will still require an ATS member or moderator to notice that there are multiple threads on the same topic. I don't think there is any way to have threads automatically flag themselves if they are repeating a topic is what I mean

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

"This is already being discussed at ((source/link))"

Don't you hate it when that happens? Let the mods do that.

Self appointed moderators, derail tacticians, and "My thread over here" attention getters are the worst.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh boy! It's not like I don't already see enough of that cromagnon jawed, no talent hack and his oversized butt wife enough in regular "news", now I need to come to the site where I come to get away from that crap and see flashing memes of him. Thanks, but no thanks kid. Leave this this site to the professionals.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You guys all know this is just a fun idea and not meant to be taken seriously right?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I wasn't sure if your were joking are not, you seemed to be pretty jazzed on the idea. I was dreading the thought of having to see that scumbag pop-up on my screen.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
You can't tell me that wouldn't be awesome!

I can and I do.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Oh, thank you for that. Sincerely. This place needs some good light-hearted humor now and then. Very funny.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So in the end we can drop all the threads linked with Kanye in "conspiracies in religion" folder and from there to hoax bin.
Yeezianity is coming.. are you ready ?

When we accept Kanye, we have to accept kardashianism too. Virtual guide Kim showing the way ...
edit on 31-3-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That's a pretty good idea. The direction of the thread is important. You can have a thread on the benefit of something and another thread with a similar situation that addresses the complications of the same information. This way you could actually link pro and con links together too.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is the funniest idea I've heard yet, but it would absolutely rock!

I know you're tongue-in-cheek, but I'd actually love to see this happen

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

yeah I should have added that it was a joke right away

Yes I was jazzed...but mostly because I find myself funnier than most find me funny

To be honest...if I am not talking about mental health, equality, or horses, than I am probably just talking to hear myself

crap...

I'm Kanye...

Welp...been a good run all! I'm going to go check in

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I need to read it a few times to get it... I'm not real tech savvy. Good idea though. Don't put yourself down either keep contributing as you do, it's what makes the place.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Kyo, Why you Son of a Gun!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You can pretty much put a "because aliens" spin on any previously discussed topic and throw it into Skunk Works.

Who's going to tell you no?

EDIT: Uh, am I missing something? I guess I don't get it.

*goes back to fetal position and starts rocking*

edit on 31-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

what have I done....

What have I done

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
Ok going to have to add this....this is JUST a funny/silly not-to-be-taken-serious....

Best part of your idea.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hey, can we just do it for April fools? Its tomorrow. Come one please please pretty please it would be such a funny prank.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join