It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I blamed "Buddy" but it was my fault i suppose .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Buddy is my pure bred Cocker Spaniel and is at that stage where he is no longer a puppy nor a full grown adult dog .Well this morning he woke me up , nothing unusual about this and he has various ways of achieving this dependant on where my head is " . This morning it was the paws on the head and i woke up as you do and checked the phone ( alarm ) . 5.28 , ok i cancel alarms and outside we go , Buddy for a you know what , and myself for a cigarette . The odd thing was that " Ruby " our inherited dog did not want to be let out of the laundry , normally she is waiting at the door . Well inside we go , dunny (usually wifes alarm ) then shower . Finish the shower , wife is up , coffee is brewing and i decide to watch the early news for a few minutes . GMA which is fine if you live in the US but i live in Australia . I flip onto the programs menu and it says GMA from 0400-0500 . Yes i had misread the phone and got up at 3.28 and even worse ( for me ) the wife was up as well . I broke the news as best i could but only got " THE LOOK " . The silence was deafening so i tried deflection by saying , it was Buddy's fault , he woke me up . Several day/seconds later in a guttural voice right out of a horror movie came my reply , Dogs Cant Tell The TIME . Thats him in the avatar , his first 2 photos were flashes and now he runs when seeing the camera so ATM i have nothing better . Hope you enjoyed this . I would love to hear your attempts to blame the dog .

edit on 31-3-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I haven't been on the last few days because mine has kept me up till 6am the last few days. Every time I attempt to get some rest, mine snaps at me. She just turned a year old in January and is being a regular crab apple! She was on a regular schedule of 10:30pm to 9am, then there went that plan out of no where. Argh!!

Here's my Holy terror. She's part Parson Jack Russell/Part Chihuahua/Part Mini-Pinscher

edit on 3/31/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Dogs have different ways of letting you know something is wrong . Have you taken her to a vet , is she still eating normally ?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

But he had to go........

second line

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i'm currently looking after my friends collie while he's in hospital.. together with my new puppy... i AM going to blame him because it DID happen...lol

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Has she been neutered? Check to see if everything is normal. If not,take her to a vet and tell him what is going on.See if they can find anything wrong. If nothing at all is wrong,time for some obedience lessons.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

Just laying claim to the puppy.
second line

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

logically yes.. except i caught him doing it to my other friends dog when i took the 3 of them out for a walk... he pretends he's interested in something on the ground, gets them to sniff with him, and then cocks his leg over them.. .i'm fairly certain it's disdain

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't have that problem anymore, because my dogs are kennel trained. Not by my choice, though, but by their choice. I miss the days when my cairn terrier would rest on my pillow, slamming her tail on the pillow as loud as she could until one of us woke up. lol

But the hag is very picky about her potties, trying her hardest to make every single outdoor trip a full fledged walk. She gets one long walk in the morning, then potty breaks throughout the day. But she made the choice to be kennel "trained" because even with long walks(2 poops/6 tinkles average), for some reason if she was going to potty in the house, she'd do it in the middle of the night.

So after so many chances, now my dogs sleep in a kennel at night.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Dogs have different ways of letting you know something is wrong . Have you taken her to a vet , is she still eating normally ?

She's eating normal, peeing and pooing normal, everything is normal, seems she's starting to get back on schedule. I'm going to lie down with her here shortly. Another dog was barking a few nights ago like crazy at 1am and it might have given her the impression she needed to be on guard, when she doesn't. So every 2 hours she had me taking her on the elevator down 4 floors to go potty and to investigate things, then back up to our apartment to repeat the process every 2 hours. I ended up sleeping almost all day today, until 10pm, waking only to take her out to potty. She finally crashed on the bed right now and I'm about to join her.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Has she been neutered? Check to see if everything is normal. If not,take her to a vet and tell him what is going on.See if they can find anything wrong. If nothing at all is wrong,time for some obedience lessons.

Yeah, she was neutered back in December on the 23rd. It was a condition of moving into the new apartment. She had been doing very well sleeping from 10pm to 9am. There's a Pomeranian on the floor that began barking a few nights ago at 1am and it royally FUBARed her schedule. It looks like it's getting back on schedule, knock on lots of wood!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

slamming her tail on the pillow as loud as she could until one of us woke up. lol

Yes that is one of the ways buddy wakes me up as well but its not the pillow that cops it , it is my face or head at the very least .

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yeah!!! Somebody slept all night last night and let me sleep too! Miracle of miracles! Now let's hope it stays that way. She slept till 10:30 this morning. I'll take it! We woke to the postman knocking to deliver one of her outfits from Amazon that I ordered at the beginning of March. It said it would arrive between the 25th to the 10th of April. Now to wait for the other 3 and I'll post pictures of her modeling them.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Let's see, my husband blames the dogs for farts all the time. But he also blames the dogs when he doesn't clean up after himself.

However, since our cat is the one who supervises him whenever he's doing upgrades to our vintage home, especially when he's doing electrical. So he blames her (the cat) when he doesn't put away his tools, I give him a look and he says "it's Tin Tin's fault she said she was gonna put it all away."

He blames some member or another of our fur tribe daily of something thats his fault, farts, leaving tools out, leaving door open, leaving dishes in sink whatever it's the dog's fault, or the cats whatever he thinks up in the moment.

It's cute and we giggle about it but I think the dogs are catching on cause when he says either sentence "it's Dotty's fault" or "Max did it" they now look at him almost with a "DUDE TELL MOM THE TRUTH" look like they are soo annoyed with him and thats when I get to laugh big. The looks on their faces when he says it was one of them and it wasn't is so priceless!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisisfun2015
Let's see, my husband blames the dogs for farts all the time. But he also blames the dogs when he doesn't clean up after himself.

However, since our cat is the one who supervises him whenever he's doing upgrades to our vintage home, especially when he's doing electrical. So he blames her (the cat) when he doesn't put away his tools, I give him a look and he says "it's Tin Tin's fault she said she was gonna put it all away."

He blames some member or another of our fur tribe daily of something thats his fault, farts, leaving tools out, leaving door open, leaving dishes in sink whatever it's the dog's fault, or the cats whatever he thinks up in the moment.

It's cute and we giggle about it but I think the dogs are catching on cause when he says either sentence "it's Dotty's fault" or "Max did it" they now look at him almost with a "DUDE TELL MOM THE TRUTH" look like they are soo annoyed with him and thats when I get to laugh big. The looks on their faces when he says it was one of them and it wasn't is so priceless!

My daughter does that when she visits. She's 19 and autistic and funny as heck! She should have been a boy sometimes. She'll fart and loudly announce, "Mom, I farted!" But if we're alone in the apartment, she blames it on my Holy Terror. LOL

new topics

top topics

join