It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I get a message my stomach becomes knotted.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When I get a u2u I always open it apprehensively. I play around a lot and make a lot of jokes. Some aren't taken that well on the site and either the post is removed or I get a warning. I swear it scares the hell out of me when I know I have a message in my inbox! Lol

So hats off mods. Thank you for the applause it has alleviated my fear occasionally.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

You better watch out. Now, your inbox is going to be flooded. Your stomach is going to either be like a pretzel or the Gordian knot.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Why so nervous? It's just words on a screen. It's not like it can hurt you and the worst that can happen is that you get banned. Many have been banned from here and they just come back under new names and IP address. If you're getting that many warnings from The Mods, maybe you need to look at what you've typed before you hit "reply".

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey I try to be good is just my humor is a little pointed and dry occasionally. Maybe I should stick to puns??? Lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mine still gets like that sometimes so don't feel bad.
There may be differences of what exactly is in the inbox, but both can be filled with not nice things.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Why so nervous? It's just words on a screen. It's not like it can hurt you and the worst that can happen is that you get banned. Many have been banned from here and they just come back under new names and IP address. If you're getting that many warnings from The Mods, maybe you need to look at what you've typed before you hit "reply".

Sorry you misunderstood. I was being a bit facetious with this thread.

sarchasm
the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Have fun. Let it all hang out lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I get the knotted feeling to when I see that I have a message to.

Im usually thinking, "Oh god! What did I do wrong? I hope I'm not in trouble! Did I get banned?"

Never have received anything negative in the nearly 6 years I've been here though. Mostly just got topics moved to another forum, or an applause here or there.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I will strive to fit in better I have received two warnings. Both post were meant and humor but I'm finding the limits on what is appropriate for humor on the site.

I take no offense to the warnings. I realize I am being gently steered to post appropriately here.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I feel the same way except I need to change the first few words...."when I get my visa bill..."

Here it's just play - most people, even the mods, appreciate humor.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Wait, I think I did have one post removed for off-topic chat when a presidential debate was going on a few years ago, or someone was giving a speech. Someone else mentioned a fine looking woman in the crowd when the camera zoomed up to the front row of the audience.

I immediately replied with something along the lines of "That's Nikki Haley, the governor of whatever, and she's super smokin hot dude!"....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

American Express is worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Now that offends me. They should add a hot girl clause to the TC's. Lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I get the same even when the phone rings.

The only time people want to talk to me is to either get money off me, abuse me or tell me off.

hahaha.. who'd be me..

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I have a pick up truck. The worst phone calls are when a friend wants to move. Lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm Sure this thread is being monitored as it should be. So I got a question for any mod. Why does my profile state I started 15 threads when I only started six?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I can relate to many of these... apprehension when the phone rings (yes I have a pickup truck
, texts even though they are usually just from my kids, private messages anywhere including... and this is ridiculous... Etsy where I have a shop and sell stuff. So I panic when I see messages from people who usually want to give me money to make things.... ok I'm a loser, lol.

And I have had a few of those messages from mods too, both nice and not so nice (my fault)
edit on 30-3-2015 by igloo because: trying to stay on topic

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I got one warning last year.. Somehow I felt like I have grown up lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I guess my problem is I'm old. I remember times before answering machines. If you didn't want to talk to someone on the phone you just didn't answer or you unplugged it. That is impossible now even when you're angry you cannot avoid a phone call or text! ( banging head on desk)

Leave me alone everybody

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Did you feel unclean afterwards? lol

edit on 31-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join