It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: johnwick

Apparently it's not what I think, it's what the UN is reporting. Do you think they're just making this up or picking on Israel?

Do I agree NoKo is crazy town full of violations? Of course, why would you even ask that?

Typical Nazi response that I won't even bother answering.

www.ohchr.org...

Under its agenda item on the Human Rights Situation in Palestine and Other Occupied Arab Territories the Council adopted four resolutions: on human rights in the occupied Syrian Golan; on the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination; on Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and in the occupied Syrian Golan; and on the human rights situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem.

In a resolution (A/HRC/28/L.18) on the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, adopted by a vote of 27 in favour, 6 against and 14 abstentions, the Council condemned in the strongest terms the long-standing and ongoing systematic, widespread and gross human rights violations and other human rights abuses committed in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and decided to extend the mandate of the Special Rapporteur of the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea for a period of one year.

But the truth is they're not done investigating, it's always on going and more sessions will take place with more resolutions and on going investigations for all nations who commit human violations. This time around Israel wins with 4. It's not the end all be all, apparently they don't cover the entire world in one session. The Fox News article, & many others, are spinning this. Shocker I know! The OP, you, & many others believe the hype.

The Council condemned in the strongest possible terms widespread and grave abuses by Da’esh in Iraq and urged the Iraqi Government to investigate all alleged abuses and violations of human rights and international humanitarian law. In a resolution on technical assistance and capacity-building to improve human rights in Libya, the Council requested the High Commissioner to urgently dispatch a mission to investigate violations and abuses of international human rights law in Libya by the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Da’esh in Libya) and other terrorist organizations with a view to ensuring full accountability. In a resolution on the continuing grave deterioration in the human rights and humanitarian situation in Syria the Council extended for one year the mandate of the Commission of Inquiry on Syria and requested it to provide an oral update at the twenty-ninth session of the Human Rights Council and written updated reports at the thirtieth and thirty-first sessions.

The UN already finished a 400 page report on NoKo last year. NoKo would not allow the UN access for their study so they did the best they can from SoKo interviewing witness and refugees.

en.wikipedia.org...

On 17 February 2014 the panel published their findings in a 400-page report.[13] The commission accused the North Korean government of being involved in systemic, widespread and gross human rights violations. The panel chairman Michael Kirby described some acts by stating that they resembled those committed by the Nazis. "In many instances, the violations of human rights found by the commission constitute crimes against humanity. These are not mere excesses of the State; they are essential components of a political system that has moved far from the ideals on which it claims to be founded," the panel's report said. "The gravity, scale and nature of these violations revealed a State that does not have any parallel in the contemporary world." Roberta Cohen, joint chair of the Committee for Human Rights in North Korea said it was now up to the world community to take action to protect those persecuted and bring the perpetrators to justice. The DPRK rejected the findings. In a statement it said the commission was "a product of politicization of human rights on the part of the EU and Japan, in alliance with the US hostile policy." [20] On November 18, 2014 the UN voted in favor of a draft resolution to refer North Korea to the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity [21][22]

See there? They compared NoKo to the Nazi's. Happy?

Yes the UN is in fact picking on isreal obviously.

There are dozens of examples in every single category doing much worse on a regular basis than isreal on its most human rights trampling days.

And where are they in the report?

Where is Saudi Arabia on it treatment of women?

How about China with its amazingly shocking track record?

Amazing the richest nations all get a pass as the focus on isreal who has killed less people in the last decade than Assad did in a couple if months in Syria.

But wait, he didn't make the list.

How about any of the countries beheading people for witchcraft sorcery or blasphemy?

Nope not mentioned.

How about the women stoned to death for adultery, I mean getting raped?

Nope.

Isreal tops all those.

Oh I know, it is the attempted genocides in Africa right, I mean tens if millions of folks die there in just a couple if years on a constant basis, nope isreal is still king....

Do you not see the blatant hypocrisy?

I could list crimes against humanity all day that isreal has never once done, and none of these places are listed, why?

But the international community HAS discussed all of these other problems.....

Assad, for example, was vilified for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT. WAY more than Israel has been in the mainstream media. WAY MORE. What you see in the Western media for example is almost constant support for Israel, and us continuing to fund them. Meanwhile, we demonize Assad and others and fund civil wars in their countries!!

The real truth is that people like you are the biased ones. You want no accountability for the West or its allies and if anyone says anything, then by golly it is bigotry or bias.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
To prove I am not Anti-Semitic here is a video of Jews Against Zionism. To be opposed to Zionism is not the same as being opposed to Israel or Jews. Although I am opposed to Israeli politics and their claim of owning their "Holly land" because they claim to be "the children of Israel" and use that as an excuse to give vaccines to women from Ethiopia that prevent them from reproducing without them knowing. They only allow Ethiopian women to be in their country if they take the shot. You can read about that here: atlantablackstar.com...
And last but not least is the video of Jews Against Zionism: www.youtube.com...

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Humanity in general are guilty.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Every once in a while, one views a post demonstrating the epitome of ignorance. Yours is one such post.

Do tell the forum, of which of the veto wielding permanent members of the United Nations, is an Islamic country.

1) China
2) France
3) Russia
4) United Kingdom
5) United States

Could you please write your answer, with a pen, onto your screen: ............

edit on 30-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join