It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

Seriously? It clearly had everything to do with it since you claim the UN investigstions are a joke. Apparently they're a joke because they recognize Israeli violations, right? But since they're a joke for that are they still a joke for their NoKo investigation? Maybe you should read my 2nd post. NoKo is discussed in the article and OP so how does it have nothing to do with the thread? Talk about side step!

edit on 31-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: johnwick

Apparently it's not what I think, it's what the UN is reporting. Do you think they're just making this up or picking on Israel?

Do I agree NoKo is crazy town full of violations? Of course, why would you even ask that?

Typical Nazi response that I won't even bother answering.

www.ohchr.org...

Under its agenda item on the Human Rights Situation in Palestine and Other Occupied Arab Territories the Council adopted four resolutions: on human rights in the occupied Syrian Golan; on the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination; on Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and in the occupied Syrian Golan; and on the human rights situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem.

In a resolution (A/HRC/28/L.18) on the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, adopted by a vote of 27 in favour, 6 against and 14 abstentions, the Council condemned in the strongest terms the long-standing and ongoing systematic, widespread and gross human rights violations and other human rights abuses committed in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and decided to extend the mandate of the Special Rapporteur of the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea for a period of one year.

But the truth is they're not done investigating, it's always on going and more sessions will take place with more resolutions and on going investigations for all nations who commit human violations. This time around Israel wins with 4. It's not the end all be all, apparently they don't cover the entire world in one session. The Fox News article, & many others, are spinning this. Shocker I know! The OP, you, & many others believe the hype.

The Council condemned in the strongest possible terms widespread and grave abuses by Da’esh in Iraq and urged the Iraqi Government to investigate all alleged abuses and violations of human rights and international humanitarian law. In a resolution on technical assistance and capacity-building to improve human rights in Libya, the Council requested the High Commissioner to urgently dispatch a mission to investigate violations and abuses of international human rights law in Libya by the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Da’esh in Libya) and other terrorist organizations with a view to ensuring full accountability. In a resolution on the continuing grave deterioration in the human rights and humanitarian situation in Syria the Council extended for one year the mandate of the Commission of Inquiry on Syria and requested it to provide an oral update at the twenty-ninth session of the Human Rights Council and written updated reports at the thirtieth and thirty-first sessions.

The UN already finished a 400 page report on NoKo last year. NoKo would not allow the UN access for their study so they did the best they can from SoKo interviewing witness and refugees.

en.wikipedia.org...

On 17 February 2014 the panel published their findings in a 400-page report.[13] The commission accused the North Korean government of being involved in systemic, widespread and gross human rights violations. The panel chairman Michael Kirby described some acts by stating that they resembled those committed by the Nazis. "In many instances, the violations of human rights found by the commission constitute crimes against humanity. These are not mere excesses of the State; they are essential components of a political system that has moved far from the ideals on which it claims to be founded," the panel's report said. "The gravity, scale and nature of these violations revealed a State that does not have any parallel in the contemporary world." Roberta Cohen, joint chair of the Committee for Human Rights in North Korea said it was now up to the world community to take action to protect those persecuted and bring the perpetrators to justice. The DPRK rejected the findings. In a statement it said the commission was "a product of politicization of human rights on the part of the EU and Japan, in alliance with the US hostile policy." [20] On November 18, 2014 the UN voted in favor of a draft resolution to refer North Korea to the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity [21][22]

See there? They compared NoKo to the Nazi's. Happy?

Yes the UN is in fact picking on isreal obviously.

There are dozens of examples in every single category doing much worse on a regular basis than isreal on its most human rights trampling days.

And where are they in the report?

Where is Saudi Arabia on it treatment of women?

How about China with its amazingly shocking track record?

Amazing the richest nations all get a pass as the focus on isreal who has killed less people in the last decade than Assad did in a couple if months in Syria.

But wait, he didn't make the list.

How about any of the countries beheading people for witchcraft sorcery or blasphemy?

Nope not mentioned.

How about the women stoned to death for adultery, I mean getting raped?

Nope.

Isreal tops all those.

Oh I know, it is the attempted genocides in Africa right, I mean tens if millions of folks die there in just a couple if years on a constant basis, nope isreal is still king....

Do you not see the blatant hypocrisy?

I could list crimes against humanity all day that isreal has never once done, and none of these places are listed, why?
edit on 31-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I get the feeling you didn't comprehend my post at all. Maybe your anger is blinding you?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I get the feeling you didn't comprehend my post at all. Maybe your anger is blinding you?

You made the claim that the UN did an investigation, fare enough I agree there.

You then tried to claim it was fare.

Wrong.

It was absolutely biased on all fronts.

In myabove post on this page I pointed out many atrocities isreal has never even come close to.

Yet they manage the top of the list and you believe this to be true.

Unless that was all sarcasm on your part.
edit on 31-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Max_TO

They're investigstions are not a joke. You're saying their investigation of NoKo is a joke?

Well considering several times now nations with absolutely terrible records on human rights have been on the council....yes I would say it is a joke.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What an imagination you have there sir.

Where did I say their investigations are a joke ? And just who is this " they " that you keep referring to ?

The UN council at any given time has member states on that council that have no business being on any council with the term " human rights " within the title.

That is why I say the council is a joke .

Now please continue putting words into my mouth .
edit on 31-3-2015 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
a reply to: Swills

What an imagination you have there sir.

Where did I say their investigations are a joke ? And just who is this " they " that you keep referring to ?

The UN council at any given time has member states on that council that have no business being on any council with the term " human rights " within the title.

Now please continue putting words into my mouth .

I agree, there is a history of countries with extreme human rights violations being on the human rights council.

What a pathetic joke.

Next let's let the mob do an internal investigation to see if they had any wrong doing they should be punished for....

Absolute idiocy of the highest order.

How do people not know about this stuff?

And then comment like they have understanding on the subject, and those of us that have understanding don't know a thing about it.

It is shockingly absurd to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
Did anyone bother reading the linked story ?

I don't think they did.

Slightly disturbing from Iran:

At last count, in 2012 Iranian courts ordered more than 30,000 girls ages 14 and under to be “married.”

And obviously as expected they responded with:

“in light of Islamic teachings, a person that has reached the age of maturity and is of sound mind has the possibility of marrying.”

Now to me a 14 year old girl is NOT of maturity, not by a long way, marriage at that age is absurd to me also, even if THE CHILD was of sound mind. So the holy books have a lot of teachings like this? The Koran along with the Bible is out dated and totally irrelevant and out of touch with today's society.

Even more disturbing still:

Ninety percent of states – inhabited by 6.6 billion people – got no mention at all. Countries like China, Qatar, Russia, and Saudi Arabia. For the UN, there was not one human rights violation worthy of mention by any of these human rights horror shows.

''Human rights horror shows'' sums it up nicely, How many beheadings are Saudi on this year?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Collective guilt caused the UN to allow Israel to come into being,but thats the only favour its given Israel,Israel is not a saint but Im sure shes no worse than whatever usual UN banana republic and despot run countries came up with this report.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Fun fact : criticizing Israel does not make one an anti-Semite.

More Fun Fact : "Semite" and "Jew" are not synonyms. Ask anyone descended from Ishmael, who descended from Abraham, who was a descendant of...Shem. This includes Palestinians, which puts Israel in the truly unique situation of being possibly anti-Semitic.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
They grow balls to say Israel, but in fact they should say USA. USA killed more people in last couple of years than any other nation. And where ever is a killing or war USA have their fingers in it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
At least North Korea doesn't have the money to bomb everyone else and keep a massive open air prison with millions of children held hostage for fifty years...all the while tormenting them with new weaponry.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick the incredible restraint they show .

crap. bombing civilians as a matter of policy is not 'restraint'. israel doesn't 'fight' anyone. it attacks unarmed and helplessly caged civilians. it is a barbaric anachronism.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yet Arabs living in Israel can vote in elections, can own businesses, can practice as doctors, lawyers etc., can travel freely, get the same medical attention as everyone else, who do gazians get to vote for? Hamas? and who else?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Just been reminded of the amount of hangings that take place in Iran, most hung from road crane jibs, yes, that's dignified and compatible with human rights, perhaps I read too many news blogs?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Just been reminded of the amount of hangings that take place in Iran, most hung from road crane jibs, yes, that's dignified and compatible with human rights, perhaps I read too many news blogs?

No one is arguing that the other countries are bad but the glossing over of Israel's crimes is laughable, where is the outrage against

That is the child death toll directly caused by Israel in a 14 day period between 7-21 of July in 2014. 14 days in one year so you can imagine what has happened in 50 years. Where is the outrage for those innocent children?

Incoming post blaming Hamas 3...2...1...

edit on 31-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I stopped reading at the worst violator of women's rights... The un has been a joke for decades, and has failed at pretty much everything.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: pikestaff

No one is arguing that the other countries are bad but the glossing over of Israel's crimes is laughable, where is the outrage against for

That is the child death toll directly caused by Israel in a 14 day period between 7-21 of July in 2014. 14 days in one year so you can imagine what has happened in 50 years. Where is the outrage for those innocent children?

Incoming post blaming Hamas 3...2...1...

Deflecting to others evils:
Thats what is happening rather than calling a spade a spade and seeing evil for what it is.
If you commit a terrible crime you dont say well other dudes did other crimes you yourself go to jail.
The endless deflection is rather pathetic rather than seeing the truth for what it is.
edit on 3.31.2015 by Kandinsky because: snipped image

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So...where's the nation crippling sanctions against Israel then?

I can count at least 5 nations that have been invaded and had their corrupt regimes replaced for much less, so at the least one would have thought crippling sanctions would have been in order for Israel...otherwise, it all becomes pointless claiming Israel is currently the boogyman if nothing whatsoever, apart from useless rhetoric is done about the situation.

I like that its finally being acknowledged or admitted to, but without punitive action against Israel, what's the point...it's not like they are ashamed or regret their inhumanity, so the world hasn't even got that against them!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So now Israel is worse than North Korea? Does anyone even take the UN seriously anymore other than those that just hate the state of Israel? I sure as # don't anymore. North Korea... really?

On what basis is Syria judged? The Barrel bombs being dropped on civilians or the civilians being beheaded by militant groups? There are well over 200,000 people dead over the Syrian civil war. Think about that for a moment.

What a #ing joke. The middle east itself is a JOKE. Israel is literally the only free state in the entire region, but I guess you'd rather Hamas have control over it so it can turn into another jihadist run # hole?
edit on 31-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join