It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Man Develops Severe Burns After Close Encounter—Summer 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I thought this was a really good case, it's got multiple witnesses, a huge somewhat triangle shaped UFO, and physical effects on the observers to back up their claims. There's also a possibility of some sort of EM interference with the witnesses car, but we can get into that later.
Anyways, this happened recently, which means it's of special interest to me, as I've noticed that there don't seem to be as many quality UFO sightings as there have been in past years.

The main witnesses are John and Traci Cruzan, a couple from Joplin, Missouri, who (though they have since been made believers by their encounter) never even considered the existence of ET UFOs.

They'd never seen one either, until July 8, 2014. On that night a little bit after 9 p.m., the couple were driving home when their neighbor (who wishes to remain anonymous) urged them to get out of their car and look up at the sky. They did so and were greeted by an amazing sight.

Above: All three witnesses agreed on their description of the "teardrop-shaped" craft.

The craft was estimated to be 200 feet long. There was no visible means of propulsion, and no sound either. In fact, one witness explained that at this moment he felt "as if he were in a vacuum" and he could hear nothing at all, despite the fact that the dogs in the neighborhood were all agitated and barking, perhaps as a result of the craft. (Animal reactions are a somewhat common effect of UFOs. See NICAP on animal reactions if you're unfamiliar)

The object was already flying quite low, and as it passed it appeared to descend and land to the south of the witnesses.

Apparently not frightened, the witnesses set off in search of the landing site.

As they drove near the possible landing area the vehicle suddenly stopped running and coasted. At that point it was no longer dusk and was almost completely dark. At the same time the vehicle warning beep started to go off, indicating a door was open, but no doors were open.

After finally getting the car to work, and traveling for about five minutes, the flashlight resumed working. However, the UFO was not seen again.

A MUFON investigation team interviewed the witnesses four days after the event.

...I inquired about any physical effects that John or his wife may have experienced. John had been ill with severe nausea and vomiting, fever, and headaches since immediately after the sighting. He also showed me a severe burn with blisters on his right arm... John's illness continued for three weeks and his doctor could not explain it.

Above: Witness John Cruzan says a physician friend of his told him the burn was consistent with laser injuries.

Traci Cruzan also developed a burn on the back of her neck, though their neighbor experienced no such effects. Apparently there were also physical effects on the car.

I examined the Jeep, which had not been washed since the sighting. I took a K-II meter out to measure Electromagnetic Field (EMF) and went over the entire vehicle, windows and tires included, while Larry (Jordan, fellow investigator) wrote down the readings. All readings were low, under 1 to 1.8, but when I checked the canvas top the readings jumped to 25.

Since the event there have 5 more UFO reports within 1.5 miles of the possible landing location. John Cruzan has become a MUFON Field Investigator, and both he and his wife have become convinced of an extraterrestrial presence on earth.

I got the information and pictures for this thread from the March 2015 MUFON E-journal . This particular report was written by field investigator Margie Kay. MUFON's E-Journals are in my opinion the best thing about the organization, and if you haven't already, you should definitely give them a look. They're published monthly.

Anyways, what do you all think? It seems to me the only conventional explanation is some kind of huge blimp or lighter than air vehicle, but that would assume all three witnesses were mistaken and it would ignore the physical effects. It could be advanced military technology as well, but that would beg the question: where is that technology from?
edit on 3109America/Chicago26America/ChicagopmMon, 30 Mar 2015 21:01:26 -05002015-03-30T21:01:26-05:0009f by thesearchfortruth because: added last part about military tech

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting case. It kind of looks like it might be some sort of black budget ship. I mean, with those rear fins it's obviously meant to be traversing in an atmosphere...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

A MUFON investigator should absolutely NOT attempt to sway us about the origin of the "UFO" being an alien craft.
There is not one shred of evidence to indicate that it came from somewhere other than the Skunk Works.
This assertion puts MUFON looking bad as it has done repeatedly in dealing with triangles and similar craft.

I don't have it at hand, but the International UFO Reporting Center has an excellent report of a hunter near Ft. Hood, Texas, a few years ago. He was able to bring his rifle scope to bear on a low, slow-moving triangular craft and distinctly witnessed a red-outlined (apparent) hatch on the front of the craft and the word "RESCUE" as typically done with our aircraft.

As happened in the radiation burning of car occupants in the famous Cash-Landrum case near Houston many years ago, this object was a US triangle craft. They need to sue the US government for damages. But it would be to no avail. Their efforts would be thwarted in some way.

Some great people work as volunteers for MUFON, but their mission goal is different than what we think. Anybody remember when MUFON absolutely refused to consider abduction cases by genuine UFOs? I do...with malice.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

A MUFON investigator should absolutely NOT attempt to sway us about the origin of the "UFO" being al alien craft.
There is not one shred of evidence to indicate that it came from somewhere other than the Skunk Works.
This assertion puts MUFON looking bad

I think you're confusing the witness (who became a field investigator later) with the actual field investigator for this case. John Cruzan, one of the witnesses, was the guy who is convinced of ET. Or did I miss something?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
a reply to: Aliensun

A MUFON investigator should absolutely NOT attempt to sway us about the origin of the "UFO" being al alien craft.
This assertion puts MUFON looking bad

I think you're confusing the witness (who became a field investigator later) with the actual field investigator for this case. John Cruzan, one of the witnesses, was the guy who is convinced of ET. Or did I miss something?

You are correct.

I'm assuming that the investigator and probably the same person that enlisted the Cruzan's into MUFON tailored his report to give or allow that particular view of the situation. Understand, that is a common tactic of MUFON. I've had it personally happen to me with an excellent sighting of two triangle-type craft back in 1985 and many others have reported similar problems with MUFON. It makes us wonder just who MUFON is serving.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruthSince the event there have 5 more UFO reports within 1.5 miles of the possible landing location. John Cruzan has become a MUFON Field Investigator, and both he and his wife have become convinced of an extraterrestrial presence on earth.

Since there have been 5 more UFO reports, are there any photos? Is it by the same people in the same area?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

No I don't believe there are any photos, which always makes me a tad suspicious.

The article says...

These events all occurred between July 13 and August 27. In each, the witnesses observed a low flying, very large craft that was completely silent. None had seen a UFO prior and were completely shaken by the experience. Unfortunately, none were able to obtain photos.

article (this story is on pages 14-17)

ETA: and to answer your second question, these are all independent reports by other people. It's not the same two witnesses making repeat claims.
edit on 3109America/Chicago40America/ChicagopmMon, 30 Mar 2015 21:45:40 -05002015-03-30T21:45:40-05:0009f by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I live in Missouri and find this very interesting. Whiteman Air Force is in Missouri. Whiteman AFB is the home of the 509th Bomb Wing (509 BW), assigned to the Eighth Air Force of the Air Force Global Strike Command. The 509 BW operates the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber.

I wouldn't be suprised something else is flying out of there late at night.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The idea that these ships with their associated bizarre encounters have anything to do with black budget projects is ludicrous at best.
There are so many different models to choose from too. Maybe they just built 3 of each for a fleet of 10,000 craft using technology beyond comprehension, but they got lucky at all those black budget shipyards. Awesome.
And our military test them over private property and must get a lot of laughs when people get fried by affects that can't even always be identified.
Amazing military, and they have a super unlimited budget, and they have an unlimited supply of exotic materials that no scientists on earth can understand let alone duplicate...

Amazing.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

While I don't count out the military experiment theory, there are definitely arguments for the idea that at least some of the black triangle sightings are ET/non-human in origin.

For example, there have been triangle sightings throughout the modern UFO age (meaning beginning with Kenneth Arnold in 1947). If the military had triangle tech that far back, wouldn't it have been declassified by now?

I posted this article recently in another thread, but I think it's relevant in this one too: Black Triangles: Not "Secret Military Craft"

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
Interesting case. It kind of looks like it might be some sort of black budget ship. I mean, with those rear fins it's obviously meant to be traversing in an atmosphere...
or they could be meant to shape a (negative) energy field like the rings on Dr White's warp drive.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Cases like this always interest me. Multiple witnesses, traces of physical evidence, and the witnesses weren't "believers" at first. While it could be black budget military craft, what intrigues me are the burns. Why were only 2 of the eyewitness affected? This is one of the more interesting cases I've heard in a while.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Moses had a radiant glowing face after meeting with the 'Lord',these days we probably call that radiation burns.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's an interesting article. It appears one of the other witnesses was a deputy sheriff, so that potentially adds some credibility to his report.

One thing that puzzles me is the use of the K-II meter. Why would there be residual RF energy associated with the vehicle? And using the same instrument, the investigator measured higher RF energy readings near the spot where the witnesses encountered the UFO.

Nice thread. Thanks!

-dex

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That picture looks nearly identical to the famous stealth blimp concept image, right down to the extensions on the back, the overall shape, the searchlights, the 'windows' along the side...

EDIT: In fact, that image in the OP IS a stealth blimp concept image that someone has modified. Check it out:

Someone definitely has a fleet of these things. The descriptions are all too similar and consistent in the overall design and key features that seem to appear again and again in separate cases over decades.

edit on 31-3-2015 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Funny coincidence: check out this recent post in the aircraft forum.

And this report of the same case.

It was off-white in color appearing to be illuminated by a yellowish light coming from within it. It was as big or bigger than a house and was completely silent.” The object’s shape was not aerodynamic. “It was boxy-shaped with multiple angles kind of like on a stealth airplane. It looked like it had darkened square windows in parts of it. It was flat on the bottom with round orange and red randomly flashing lights all around the bottom edge. The lights were round with a dark center – like donuts. They were the size of stop signs.” The object moved southwest and then south of their location and appeared to be traveling at about 100 mph. They then noticed a change in the lighting.

Compare these descriptions with the picture / videos of the Airlander 10, and it is almost a perfect match: 100 mph possible, off-white in colour, bigger than a house, boxy-teardrop shaped, tailfins, underbuilt, square windows, once owned by the army, ...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard
Yeah that certainly looks like it. The description of the flight pattern matches too, the UFO was moving slowly the whole time...
It's worth mentioning however that two of the witnesses are pilots, perhaps they would be familiar with a blimp?

The three witnesses observed the object moving very slowly and later the two pilots calculated the rate of speed to be approximately 60 mph.

The only thing that doesn't match are the alleged physical effects, but that's not exactly proof of anything and there's nothing conclusively linking them to the UFO.

original:

modified:

Looks like a match to me.

I've found the name of the third witness, the neighbor, although it doesn't appear to matter now. His name is Barry Powell and you can read a little more about the encounter if go here
There's an additional witness statement:

“He [Powell] was walking his dog who was barking wildly at the object and jumping high into the air. It had approached from the northeast. As we watched, it crossed directly overhead. It looked to be about 300 feet off of the ground. It was off-white in color appearing to be illuminated by a yellowish light coming from within it. It was as big or bigger than a house and was completely silent. It was boxy-shaped with multiple angles kind of like on a stealth airplane. It looked like it had darkened square windows in parts of it. It was flat on the bottom with round orange and red randomly flashing lights all around the bottom edge. The lights were round with a dark center – like donuts. They were the size of stop signs.”

Doesn't exactly sound like a blimp, but that doesn't take away from the illustration...

Margie and I discussed the case on the Jeff Rense Radio Program on Sept 16.

I've found this program online, I really suggest you listen here. The witness describes the encounter starting around 13 minutes into the program...

The person referred to as "Margie" is field investigator Margie Kay, who I've emailed about the blimp explanation. I've also asked her to clarify why John Cruzan's own "illustration" of the UFO appears to be a modified version of a stealth blimp picture...

I'm disappointed, to be honest... Thought this was a solid case...

edit on 3103America/Chicago08America/ChicagoamTue, 31 Mar 2015 03:14:08 -05002015-03-31T03:14:08-05:0003f by thesearchfortruth because: eta radio and additional witness

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Saw something very similar to this, once or twice, in the Hudson Valley area around 2009-2010. No burns but on at least two occasions, the craft shone a spotlight in my direction, and the ice in my dog's metal bowl suddenly cracked as the craft floated by (silently). That would be consistent with some kind radiation, specifically, microwave, which is quickly absorbed by stainless steel or water.

Guess I'm lucky I wasn't roasted like a T.V. dinner!

BTW I spotted these thirty miles north of Stewart AFB, on a flight approach path used by military craft every day. Many other such sightings in the Hudson Valley over the years -- triangular or teardrop shaped craft, with a smorgasbord of blinkenlights on the underside.

Military black budget babies with their toys, IMO.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Namdru because: mention sighting context

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

I examined the Jeep, which had not been washed since the sighting. I took a K-II meter out to measure Electromagnetic Field (EMF) and went over the entire vehicle, windows and tires included, while Larry (Jordan, fellow investigator) wrote down the readings. All readings were low, under 1 to 1.8, but when I checked the canvas top the readings jumped to 25.

Who "takes a K-II meter out"? What is this, Ghost Hunters?

Nothing like misinterpreted pseudosciencey readings from misapplied test equipment to add credibility to a paranormal account. Bad MUFON!

The physical injuries are far more compelling.

edit on 31-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- Missouri is the "hot bed" of UFO activity. Who was President in 1947 and what State was He from? Show Me.

Missouri sits along the 37th Parallel :www....(nolink)/chuck-zukowski-investigates-paranormal-highway-science-channel/29433

And:www.examiner.com...

Look at the documented "contacts"

On "Ley Lines" the energy(Akasha) is greater... ALL the cool buildings ALL over the world are built on Ley Lines.

namaste

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join