It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help With Som Poke-Chops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
Jeezus! I'm trying to cook here guys!

The manly, juicy, pork chop.

Marinate in beer, stout if you can get it, but any beer… after you poke it a bit with a fork. If you can add some Worcestershire sauce, all the better.

1 hour marinate minimum. Take it out, pat dry with paper towels. Dust lightly with salt and pepper. Let it sit to nearly room temp.

Get a pan hot with any oil you like. Avocado oil is best for next time, it can get really hot. Get your oven to 250 degrees.

Sear both sides in the hot pan, 1-2 minutes per side -- nice an caramelized.

Now put them in the oven and treat them like a small roast. You just sealed in the juices by searing it, now slow-roast it to temp/done. (You can use the pan you just seared them in, but make sure you turn the chops at least once)

Take it out, let it rest for 5 minutes… ideally on the plate you'll eat it on, with a light aluminum foil tent.

Enjoy the best basic pork chop you've ever had.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That's it we need a Porkchop cook off for ATS!!!!!

I'll bet $100 I win!

I make pork so good Muslims will eat it and like it!!!!!!
edit on 31-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I don't care what they call them. I call them yummy!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
fry in skillet with a little bacon fat until white center (about 5 min each side), remove chops and pour a cup of coffee in skillet to make gravy. serve with grits, fried apples and cat heads (biscuits).

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I make pork chops various ways but a simple recipe for beginners is to combine 1/2 kosher salt, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 quarts water and marinate 4, 1-1 1/2' thick, bone-in pork chops for 12 hours or overnight in the fridge.

Brush lightly with oil and cook on the hottest part of the grill for 5 minutes on each side until medium. Tent for a few minutes and serve with your favorite sides.

This recipe requires high quality pork (or wild boar) as you are not doctoring it up and it highlights the flavor of the meat. The brining helps accentuate the porky flavor and grilling helps seal in the juices.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

you need to get yourself a moderate sized cup (ceramic...or metal...that can take the heat) to pour bacon drippings into. They are fine on the counter for a few days, and are a great source of flavor.

i eat so much bacon that i end up throwing out the old to replace it with the new a few times a week. so it never goes old in my house (rancid animal fat is atrocious)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Beat a couple eggs and add a little milk. Dredge chops in egg/milk mixture, then in flour. Salt and pepper to taste. Pan fry in bacon grease. Mine come out tender and juicy every time. Simple and YUMMY.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Man. These ideas all sound so yummy. I will have to try them all! Thank you all so much for participating in my thread!

You guys are some awesome possums.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Try brining the chops as Augustus suggested. Its a method that help keeps typically dry cuts of meet a little less.. well dry lol. Water and salt make a good simple brine!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

I have to thank you for making this thread... I am not all that up on all the many ways you can make pork chops (I actually only know two ways to make them) and the grocery store had a one day sale going on, on pork chops for .98 cents a pound...

I got 6 family packs of pork chops.. so.. we will be eating pork chops in one form or another about once a week (if not twice) for a while and I don't want to feel as if we are eating the same thing all the time..

Love all the different ideas here...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No problem. I'm glad I posted it as well. These meals will really come in handy lol

a reply to: OpinionatedB

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join