It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help With Som Poke-Chops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Well, you could make a whole heap of a mess with that stuff, but a coating for slow cooked, tender, juicy chops? Nope.

Looks like its pan fried time! To be fair, pan frying is faster, but slow cooking is less intense, time pressure wise.

Make a note though... Barbecue sauce... Its great stuff. You can use it on slow cooked ribs too, if you like that sort of thing!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I had to chime in on this one!
When I was younger and single, one of my specialties was to brush the chops with a good coating of flour on both side, but shake off any excess. Lay them on a baking sheet. Spice them with "McCormic Cajun Spice." Place a 1/4" pad of butter on the center of each one. Then bake them for however long the cook book says to bake them. Simple, quick and very delicious. Even better if using butterfly cut pork chops. Served with the obligatory apple sauce and sweet peas.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Vegetable oil will work fine. Go back to my original post use the vegetable oil. Put some salt and pepper on the counter along with the Tony's and Drop each side on the seasoning. Don't use a lot or all you will taste of the seasoning.

Go ahead make the cornbread you can make it in a pan or in the oven read the box. Make the gravy but remember to remove from heat to add the milk.

Note; do you have garlic powder not garlic salt. Add the garlic powder to the oil when it gets hot. Get the oil hot first then drop the meat in.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ok so something came up.
Flour is a no go. No flour....

a reply to: Greathouse

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Crap now I got the munchies. Lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
I have eggs!! This will work for sure. I will use eggs.

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

My wife loves it, my kids loved it, it works. Throw a little lemon pepper, paprika and garlic salt on top of the pork chops when you fry them, best way to cook them is high heat just to seer them on both sides, then put the top on the frying pan and cook them on low, flipping them as required until they are cooked right through. That way you can seal in a lot of the moisture. The garlic will help keep your cholesterol down and the paprika is a nice touch. Cook them in a little olive oil if you have it, or butter if no olive oil, just no more than 5 to 10 minutes a side on high heat and don't walk away from them, then another 10 minutes or so a side on low heat (depends on how think they are). That's how my wife burns stuff and I end up cooking LOL.

Cook the eggs separately after you cook the pork chops and just put them on top of the pork chops.

PS Get yourself some Tumeric, the stuff is fantastic.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/30.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ok so something came up.
Flour is a no go. No flour....

No I don't like flour. When you add breading all your taste is the breading. That's why I told you to get the oil hot and use medium high heat it will sear and seal the juice. Then you get to taste Porkchop not the breading.

If you still want to make the gravy see if you have any cornstarch. But use about half the amount of cornstarch as you would flour.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Go to the grocery store in the bread section and buy yourself some Italian bread crumbs...

There are kinds with parmesan cheese in them, those would be preferable...

Toss the chops in the bread crumbs... Salt and pepper on top...

325 degrees for 30 mins depending on the thickness of the chops

Simple, easy... and delicious!

edit on 30-3-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If you can find a way to screw up a pork chop, I would like to hear what process is involved.
Don't cook it dry. Other than that simple rule the sky is the limit.
I have gone full caveman and just stuck a chop on a stick and held it over an open fire until it was good and hot...gotta kill the worms.
Added a little salt and pepper and it was all thumbs up yummy.
To quote Dave Chapelle..."A poke-chop will save your life."
edit on 30-3-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In my recipe, the purpose of the flour is to soak up the butter. They still taste great without it, but stick to the pan a bit.
In place of Cajun spice, you can use black pepper, paprika, salt and garlic. I think the real secret is the pad of butter. a reply to: PageLC14

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You can use cornmeal, potato chips, bread crumbs, crackers, corn flakes - any of those for breading.

Or just grill them.

Or chop it up with an onion and stir fry in very light oil.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yea, but I was very interested in the gravy part. But I will use eggs. The yolk will be good type of gravy, I think.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

O, so have some stuff.

I have oregano, cilantro leaves, thyme, nutmeg, seasoned salt, regular salt and pepper (of course0, chili powder, paprika, lemon pepper, tony's creole seasoning and garlic salt...But I never use any of these for anything. Except s&p, seasoned salt and garlic salt.

a reply to: ketsuko

If you have a little brown sugar, you can make a decent rub out of some of that. Pick some chili powder, garlic powder and add them to some brown sugar and rub on the chop to make a good crust. Then heat your broiler pan and sear it on if you don't have a grill. You can also use a little oil and sauté.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If you have no flour or no cornstarch you will have no gravy sorry.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No Brown Sugar
I'm thinking my kitchen is a little less than basic...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So

I guess What I will do is fry the cops in some veggie oil, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and some tonys on each side. Then fry an egg for each chop(?). With some Cornbread, Sweet peas and ranch style beans....because, well, I like beans and thats all I've got.

Sound good??

Note: I do have onions. Would adding onions to the pan add some good flavor?
edit on 30-3-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Onions aren't necessary. I don't think they'll sink into the chops enough to matter. You could dice some and add them to the ranch beans though if they're what I'm thinking.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Don't forget the Beano or you will report on the backside about this thread. Lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ooooo ok. Sounds great!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Next time get some minced clams, cream cheese, portobello mushrooms, and some fresh ground Parmesan cheese and stuff the porkchops!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join