It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for a couple of new forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hello, everyone at ATS. I love this site and don't ask for much. I do have a couple of suggestions; though, and would like to know what you think about them.
I notice that there is a video game forum here. Why not a pen and paper Role playing game/ board game forum? I've seen many members here mention that they enjoy playing those games. If there was a pen and paper RPG/ board game forum members could have a place to discuss various games that we're playing, scenarios or game modules that they're running, offer advice on such games, helping new players in character development and role play, offer Gm or Dm advice. They could also suggest games that other members might be interested in.
I also noticed that while there is a forum for ancient history, there isn't one for history in general. I like reading about history and feel that such a forum would be a good addition to ATS, as I'm sure others would enjoy posting or reading threads there.
Well, there are my suggestions. What do you think?
edit on 30-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: Grammar

edit on 30-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The idea of a gaming category intrigues me. Of course, it would be either a general discussion (enthusiasm) kinda thing or conspiracy-relevant (such as certain genres or titles being politically-incorrect or politically-motivated). I particularly like Unreal Tournament, which involves dying lots and shooting more, being a straight-up FPS. Though I'm not so keen on car-jacking people at baseball-bat-point. So yeah, I'm a gamer.

edit on 30th March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a T&C free forum?

That would be much more interesting

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Don't even get me started.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It would probably depend greatly on the success of the Pets forum before any more user-proposed forums gain traction.

But maybe not just RPG and all board/table/card games. Maybe we could work out a way to play Cards Against Humanity?

Either way, a lot of that would fall into the "General Entertainment" forum. I think it might be too niche to work, compared to the broad topic of pets.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

HAHA, I imagine it would be the death of all other forums

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

love the idea of the History forum especially, but both would be a great new addition to ATS, I agree 110%

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Best idea I've heard in a long time. They could charge membership to post there to keep the rabble out, and SO could leave us alone to play with his monies. I would gladly pay. Not too much though.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think a RPG thingy would be very very good. But who has the time to make it.

All those in favor of history forum say Yeay!! History Forum Proposal

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Then it wouldnt be ATS.....that sets us apart and keeps us at the top rung of ladder

about Ts and Cs I mean
edit on 30-3-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I just commented on your thread. You must have written it when I didn't have access to the net or I would have given you a huge

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I agree with those suggestions. A history one would be beneficial instead of being confused where to post some stuff, such as with Ancient Civilizations vs a more modern historical article/thread.

Of course, as a roleplayer, support the forum suggestion.

I have a suggestion I am working on, and am figuring how to word it and if it's going to work out as a suggestion.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I hope you wear undergarments 'Skid Mark'. No more forums; it/they will eventually implode upon themselves fighting for recognition (like a soccer ball) KILL IT BEFORE IT MULTIPLIES.

new topics

top topics

join