It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Babies Are Made..... With Pictures!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
No, no. Not those pictures. The pictures you will be seeing are post coitus.

Meet Lennart Nilsson. Lennart is a Swedish photographer and scientist. Lennart specializes in macro-photography on the development of humans in the womb. In 1965, he was internationally recognized as his photographs of the beginning of human life were featured on the cover of Life magazine. 8 million copies were sold within the first 4 days.

I will do my best to describe each of the pictures below with as much medical accuracy as I can. These pictures are absolutely amazing, and although I have seen some of them before, I hoped to share the amazing story through photographs and my commentary.

Post coitus, a sperm makes it's way up the Fallopian tube. There are approximately 300 million sperm.

His curiosity peaks when he finds a golden egg and decides to explore further. He sees that all 300 million of his buddies are coming to.

Now, some of his buddies make it there and jump on the golden egg too. Realizing they can work their way into it, the began to race to the center.

He makes it first and wins and is now king of the hill.

8 days later, a bunch of cells have developed into a blastocyst and attaches to the wall of the uterus and become the Human embryo.

Soon, the human embryo's brain begans to develop like a moldy fortune cookie.

The one month old has no skeleton yet, but has a beating heart from just 18 days. Around this time, her father is rubbing the mother's stomach and whispering "You are going to be amazing, you can be anything you want to be."

At 4 weeks, the little baby is confused about her fathers words. As you can see, the little gal thinks she'll become a frog! So cute. But adding to the confusion, around this time there was some kind of telepathy coming from the mother to the child during an episode of National Geographic that the mother was watching........

As you can see, at 5 weeks the face becomes more distinguished with openings for the eyes, nostrils and mouth. This may be due to remembering the episode of NatGeo, as little one soon realizes that her favorite animals are the camel and hippopotamus. Being so young and indecisive, the little one decides that she will be a hybrid camelhippo. But then starts to feel neglected as she might not belong.

At just 8 weeks, this feeling of neglect makes her realize that she is on the completely wrong planet. Her mother did of no good comforting her as she was in the midst of watching Alien and the chestburster scene came on.

But not to worry future mothers, by 16 weeks the little sh*t has it figured out. She is able to use her little hands to feel and explore around.

Her skeleton consists mainly of flexible cartilage with a network of blood vessels visible through the skin.

At 18 weeks, frustration is starting to kick in as hearing develops and she feel claustrophobic. In turn, she finds that by using her feet to kick the hard areas of her cage, she feels better.

At week 20 she begans to have doubts on whether or not she is human or monkey. The influx of nutrition from banana split cravings and every time she kicks she hears "oo oo ah ah" is confusing her. In turn, she decides to grow woolly hair known as lanugo and it covers her entire head.

From there she figures it all out and continues to develop into a healthy baby. Soon enough though, she begans dreaming of her memories of her believing she was from another planet. During this nightmare she begans to act out.

Finally reaching freedom, she attempts her best to run away. Unfortunately all she can do is dream.

Soon enough, she settles in and becomes the cutest little thing. But she feels a bit bad about what she did to her mother. So she sends the mother a telepathic message saying "You want to get that S.O.B back that did this to you? Let's bleed him through the wallet for the next 18 years, ha ha ha
" And then the cycle repeats through generations.

All joking aside, Lennarts work is fascinating. Seeing how life develops is amazing. Sadly, many of the images he took were from babies that never lived past birth as they were miscarried or aborted, only to be photographed after.

Hope you enjoyed!!

Ghost
edit on 30-3-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Fascinating.

Not much else to add. S n f.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That was interesting. The thing from Alien was a nice touch.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That was interesting. The thing from Alien was a nice touch.

almost spit my coffee out. Too funny

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Nicely narrated!! Some of the pictures were a bit freaky though. It's almost too bad she figured out she was a human. I was looking forward to seeing a camelhippo personally.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Awesome

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Stork delivered me to my parents and I refuse to believe any other version of events
That being said, very interesting, well done OP

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thank you. I enjoyed narrating it. Like Fox News and CNN, I only deal with the facts when providing a story.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thank you for these. I have seen images of this process dozens of times and yet, I've never seen one depicting the human face at 5 weeks like it is here.

I would REALLY like to see more incremental facial images from that hippocamel at week 5 until whatever point those holes become actual features.

Also, I find sperm to be baffling. How do they know that the egg is important? What drives them toward it? Pheromones? They can't smell though, right? (and I pity them if they can.
)What is their reward upon entry? They appear to be life forms of their own with consciousness and purpose. But that's just not possible. And the egg just pretty much sits there. Does she call to them somehow with her own primitive consciousness? Do they just ram everything they run into along the way? Because they seem to get REAL focused on that egg once they get there. It's all very strange.
edit on 30-3-2015 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Fascinating! Amazing to see and why I love ATS so much. Thanks for sharing. Deserving of applause for bringing fresh material.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Intersecting. Good post.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Deserving of applause for bringing fresh material

A comment best served up for every mother with good intentions...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That happened to all of us. Cool. I was a hippo-camel monster at one time.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
That happened to all of us. Cool. I was a hippo-camel monster at one time.

I liked the fact our brains were mouldy fortune cookies.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I thought your commentary was absolutely HILARIOUS

But not to worry future mothers, by 16 weeks the little sh*t has it figured out.

t 5 weeks the face becomes more distinguished with openings for the eyes, nostrils and mouth. This may be due to remembering the episode of NatGeo, as little one soon realizes that her favorite animals are the camel and hippopotamus. Being so young and indecisive, the little one decides that she will be a hybrid camelhippo.

Great thread OP - this totally made my day. I laughed out loud several times and the photos are just mind-blowing. Thank you

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow this thread is wonderful! The most precious process in our lifetime, is the process of new born human beings with unlimited potential (until society).

Applause for this thread, and that last picture was the cutest damn baby girl... melt!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Amazing thread. Thank you for posting these pictures. I have two boys and seeing how wonderful it is to create human life and how we look in the very beginning is fascinating. Kinda makes me want to have another baby... kinda. Until I see that Alien running away LOL. Great gif ! LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

"Apparently, the sperm are guided by temperature when they travel through most of the fallopian tube and navigate by tuning in to the egg's chemical call when they get close to the fertilization site."

www.sciencedaily.com...

I agree in terms of them having their own basic consciousness and purpose ^^ Or appearing to anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
eeewwwww!

S and F

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: mOjOm

Thank you. I enjoyed narrating it. Like Fox News and CNN, I only deal with the facts when providing a story.

Enjoyed the pictures and your style of writing tremendously. A very good read. Thank you.

Like Fox News and CNN, I only deal with the facts when providing a story.....half truth or total sarcasm?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join