It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Showing how the first pyramids of ancient Egypt may be 19,000 years old

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: MysterX

So your saying a magnetic shift causes flooding? Didn't we go through all this during the 2012 fever dream? Pole shifts don't cause floods. The magnetic poles have been moving for years. They can flip. But it doesn't cause floods. Magnetic poles are not the earth moving.

V

What he actually said is that 1) a meteor shower caused the end of the ice age, 2) a rapid melting of the ice sheet, and 3) as a result of the rapid change of water distribution, a displacement of the earth axis tilt.

I have no issue with 1) and 2), but to believe that the redistribution of water in oceans could cause a 30° earth axis tilt, well I find this a bit much

edit on 31-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Variable

The sphinx is even older than the pyramids. you can tell that from the erosion on it. It happenned when it was wetter.

Some theories from certain people here suggest we might be the 5th itheration of humanity to exist here.

That would be the theosophists...the idea of 'root-races,' as the secret doctrine calls them...according to that idea, humans have basically always existed. Just life goes through fundamental leaps of transformation over time. So humans have been around basically throughout the history of the planet, millions and millions of years anyways, if not billions. Just have taken on various forms as the 'root-races' evolved, and continue to evolve. That's the idea of theosophy, anyways.
edit on 31-3-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

It's actually much older than theosophists, it comes from Greek mythology:
en.wikipedia.org...

or the Hindu Yugas:
en.wikipedia.org...

Theosophists merely recycled everything already produced by myths and religions.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
edit: double post

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ahh...but the theory that the tilt of the Earth's axis suddenly and dramatically shifted, would imply something sudden and dramatic happened to the planet that started the rapid end of the ice age, and of course the relatively rapid melting of the vast ice sheets.

Wouldn't something like that take a external push? And even leave marks?

I would think so.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That would be the theosophists...the idea of 'root-races,' as the secret doctrine calls them...according to that idea, humans have basically always existed. Just life goes through fundamental leaps of transformation over time. So humans have been around basically throughout the history of the planet, millions and millions of years anyways, if not billions.

Well then why isn't their proof of the civilization. The only thing that makes since is they didn't have pottery or anything durable. i.e. hunter/gatherers. Certainly not sophisticated enough and populous enough to build something like the pyramids. Human history is likely varied and complicated. It is pretty interesting too. During the last ice age, which lasted a long long time, the sea was much lower. In a thousand years from now we may have the technology to explore these forgotten ruins. Maybe we will find another treasure trove of a city buried in volcanic ash. That would be something.

V

V

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Bro, try to unserstans physixs at a basic level before trying to rewrite history based on a flawed understanding of physics. Giod lord this is an embarrassing thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yep. Oldest clay artifacts known are 30.000 years old, way before the end of the ice age. It probably means it's even older than that.

It's a common misunderstanding from most people that "civilizations" started 10.000 years ago. Very large metropolis, yes, but it never meant people before that had not already developed many cultures and technologies or knew about astronomy and maths.

Sapiens has been living outside for 200.000 years. 200.000 years of watching the night sky.

It's ridiculous to assume they weren't already versed in astronomy or technologies and science never claimed something like that.

It always bother me when some people are assuming early humans before the last ice age were completely different intellectually from us. Actually they were very similar or even smarter.

You don't need a belief in an Atleantean civilization to make sense of human history. You don't need huge megalithic monuments to prove "civilization".

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: iDope

These buildings were built to last, and built to convey a message to a recovered, and technological civilisation...the message is;

We were like you and we were destroyed by this calamity at this time. Prepare your civilisations, because this is going to happen again.

Interesting, but why would they build so many of these buildings then? Why not put all that energy into building 1 mother of all pyramids? I would imagine that the bigger it is, the longer it's gonna last.

Besides, I don't think that a civilisation that was all but destroyed would be putting all their energy into warning future generations of something that may or may not happen at any particular time. I think they would just focus on surviving and evolving. That way, they might avoid the need to leave a message for future generations.

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well Im still on the First page of this Thread ... I just wanted to Add is if you place the Constellation of Leo directly from the View through the Eyes of the Sphinx ... that would Be the Ideal of the Age of the Sphinx .. I would Assume ... for the pyramids .. although some claim The Pyramids are involved in the Equinox years .. from the view on the Eight Sides of the pyramid ,,, ( Yes Eight Sides ) from up to 26,000 years ... for a Full Circle of the 4 major Constellations. as some speculate the if you draw a Circle in the in and outer Edge it would be the measured the Distance its claimed to be the Distance of the Speed Of Light.. more of a Mystery .. but for to be a Tomb and having just 20 years for the pyramid to be built.. because of a Particular Pharaoh.. I think Not...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What if they took everything with them when they left so the next iteration could evolve naturally with no technological help?

That is a possibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What if they took everything with them when they left so the next iteration could evolve naturally with no technological help?

A very unlikely possibility. Imagine if people in the US decided to do that i.e. clean up all traces of their living there.. Could it be done? Where would they put all the junk? Why would we care?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Develo

Sir, I encourage you to learn who the OP is and read some of his research. Scott Creighton has done some great and in my opinion ground breaking research on the Pyraminds. This is not a case of a conspiracy theorist "watching a video and believing it" Scott MADE this video to support his research. A lifetime of on going research. Head over to his website or read one of his books.

Good day.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kako187
a reply to: Develo

Sir, I encourage you to learn who the OP is and read some of his research. Scott Creighton has done some great and in my opinion ground breaking research on the Pyraminds. This is not a case of a conspiracy theorist "watching a video and believing it" Scott MADE this video to support his research. A lifetime of on going research. Head over to his website or read one of his books.

Good day.

Well sir, if for you someone claiming the Pyraminds (sic) are 19.000 years old despite all the records from the Egyptians about who built them, when, and on who's order can be considered as having done "ground breaking researches"; I claim the title of "expert in Egyptology".

This is totally a case of classical unsupported conspiracy theory mixed with wishful thinking and you or Scott are most welcome to prove me wrong. I guess you could easily prove how all the cartouches found inside the pyramids are fabricated.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

It's actually much older than theosophists, it comes from Greek mythology:
en.wikipedia.org...

or the Hindu Yugas:
en.wikipedia.org...

Theosophists merely recycled everything already produced by myths and religions.

Perhaps. I mean, theosophy itself claims as much, that it is just a modern re-telling of the universal doctrine, found in all cultures and spiritual system, even if made 'secret' through exoteric veils. Certainly numerical and to some degree literary-conceptual overlapping can be found. However, I've also read a number of rebuttals, saying that theosophy has no relation to 'real' Hinduism, and is a modern invention which distorts the ancient teaching.

Also, to further clarify the teaching. It is that mankind has indeed existed all this time, hundreds of millions or billions of years. Not just having existed though, but developed advanced civilizations, although differing on the basis of the period of evolution man found himself. At the height of these civilizations, some major destructive event, usually a natural cataclysm, rocked the earth, literally changing its physical structure, and destroyed these civilizations. This has occurred over and over, and will continue to occur. From a larger perspective, all of this rising and falling is itself evolutionary.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Theosophy is totally a modern and biased invention, trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

There is no shortage of more recent comparative studies of religions/myths that we don't need to consider the old ramblings of Blavatsky as factual.

It's an intellectual mistake to try to reduce the complexity and diversity of human cultures to a single common origin.

There is absolutely no reason to do something like that. It doesn't make more sense and it actually impoverish the rich and diverse history of mankind that we can still observe to this day.

Also Theosophy trying to simply re-tell old mystical and hermetic secret with new buzzwords but totally failed to understand to core teachings. It was all about internal, spiritual and symbolic teachings and theosophy (as most religions) perverted these mystical teachings by translating them as mere exoterical ones. It can be clearly seen through the racist and elitist teachings of Blavatsky despite true mystics being above such earthly considerations.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Theosophy is totally a modern and biased invention, trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

There is no shortage of more recent comparative studies of religions/myths that we don't need to consider the old ramblings of Blavatsky as factual.

It's an intellectual mistake to try to reduce the complexity and diversity of human cultures to a single common origin.

There is absolutely no reason to do something like that. It doesn't make more sense and it actually impoverish the rich and diverse history of mankind that we can still observe to this day.

I'm confused. Your first response said these aren't original theosophical ideas, they're just recycled old ideas. Now your second response says it's a modern invention.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I'm with the OP on this one. I firmly believe that the timeline of human history that's commonly accepted is WRONG, and that there is a massive coverup in the archaeological community to support it.

How can we have (commonly accepted) cities that were created 17,000 BC, if we were supposed to be living in caves until about 10,000 BC ?

In this very day people are living in bamboo huts and need to catch their evening dinner with spears... All this side by side a completely different other civillisation with the access to atom energy and mobile phones.

So, if somebody will tell there is a substantial educated indication that in the time of Neanderthaler there was an other civillization living side by side with them but with the technology to fly to the moon... I have no problem to be open minded for that.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

I'm confused. Your first response said it's not an original theosophical idea, they're just recycling old ideas. Now your second post says it's a modern invention.

Theosophical interpretation of old texts is modern and biased (through the views of a 19th century western lens).

Their understanding of old myths is usually literal instead of symbolic. That's their greatest mistake. See my edit above.

Mystical and mythical teachings are always symbolic and never literal.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Bro, try to unserstans physixs at a basic level before trying to rewrite history based on a flawed understanding of physics. Giod lord this is an embarrassing thread.

If you are going to bash someone, please use proper grammar! (If yous gonna be bashing peeps, spells dem wordz coretlily)

Geesh the gall of some people just amuse me! (this line isn't for you, unless you want to google gall)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join