It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Noah to Succeed Jon Stewart on ‘The Daily Show’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with who apparently is the new Host of The Daily Show, but here he is Trevor Noah. I can tell you one thing, years ago when I travelled a lot, I was in Mexico in the middle of nowhere and listened to an Englishman bad mouth the US. Although I agreed with him I realized that there was something about someone from another Country bad mouthing mine that I was comfortable with (the Truth, lol). I had the same problem with John Oliver. So I doubt I'll be watching for long, just how I feel. I have watched about 85% of the Shows John has made.
Good Luck, and thanks John Stewart. Nothing lasts forever.

NYT Source

Good luck Trevor. Who knows, Maybe I'll like him.
edit on 30-3-2015 by ugmold because: typo

edit on 30-3-2015 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I would rather have has John Oliver. The guy chosen was recently hired.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
Now I remember seeing him, thinking who is this guy, he is not funny.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold
It will be very hard to replace John Stewart. He used his jokes to bring the news to the people. At least that is how I saw it. That is why he was still able to get real guest. He used humor to sometimes ask the hard questions.
I think if someone comes in only to make jokes it will not be the same.
Just my thoughts...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I couldn't stand watching the Daily Show before and I doubt I will like it any more with a new host. I prefer real comedy that is actually funny.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Oliver would have been great, I don't doubt they reached out to him, but he as a premium cable spot now.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I knew they were going to pick this guy. I don't get it , he is not funny at all and very awkward on camera. This is very unfortunate.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sadly.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WonOunce

I agree, I was thinking they were gonna give it to their field reporter guy, Jason Jones.

He had his last day on the show apparently the other night, wonder if it is connected.

Wilmore has not yet even came close to filling the shoes of colbert. I know that was a tall task but I must say I am not a huge fan of his show, hope this doesn't follow suit.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Jon Stewart does an amazing job delivering what is written for him to read. Trevor Noah will have writers too. The question will be whether he will be able to develop as sharp a delivery as 'Stew has. Time will tell.

As for Wilmore, I think given some time, his show will reach a cult following like Colbert was able to enjoy. Not the same crowd, but a following none-the-less.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think Jason must been peeved they gave it to the new guy. I don't think Ive seen much from him, I'll have to do a search apparently he is very very bright.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Who ever takes Jon's place was bound to be different, I don't think you are gonna get much biting political commentary from Noah, after all he is a guest here, and i'll miss Jon but they are going in a different direction the worst they could have done is re-cast Jon Stewart in someone else's body,plus we have John Oliver and Barry Wilmore doing political comedy.

This is the kind of stuff he had done..but hey I'll give him a chance.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I couldn't stand watching the Daily Show before and I doubt I will like it any more with a new host. I prefer real comedy that is actually funny.

Because Reps aren't funny??..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: doclec
Jon Stewart does an amazing job delivering what is written for him to read. Trevor Noah will have writers too. The question will be whether he will be able to develop as sharp a delivery as 'Stew has. Time will tell.

As for Wilmore, I think given some time, his show will reach a cult following like Colbert was able to enjoy. Not the same crowd, but a following none-the-less.

Is Wilmore still on? I lasted 3 episodes. I thought Lewis Black would have been a good choice. Replacing Stewart is like Replacing Carson.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think this is amazing!
Being South African, I haven't watched too much of The Daily Show but Jon Stewart is/was GREAT for the show...
Trevor Noah has some big shoes to fill there!
Who knows with change how the wind blows.
It could be really interesting, and hopefully progressive, having an outsider voicing opinions on American issues.
Noah is a smart guy and he'll have plenty of help on the show.
I only wonder how long he will last.... We get home sick, bru... we need biltong, braaivleis, pot-holes and poepol-politicians (I promise, ours are some of the worst... or at least, the most entertaining
)

top topics

join