It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "First Church of Cannabis" in Indiana gets approved! - Here are their Twelve Commandments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The only crappy thing about it is that his isn't really a sincere religion. I wish he was something like a Rasta where drugs are actually used spiritually and not someone just out to use the law to get high.

Many find that "getting high" with cannibus is a very spiritual experience. Its the kids who dont know any better who are misusing it, but many of them grow up to realize the spiritual aspect of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Who says all religion has to be stuffy and proper and uppity? I say a religion is all in how you observe it and he seems sincere enough about that to me. I also happen to agree with him about many of the properties of marijuana.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I sent him a message about starting a similar church in the state of Washington, united as one organization.

Interesting idea to send him a message on this end as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

A great idea and I am pleased that it is receiving so much press!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The only crappy thing about it is that his isn't really a sincere religion. I wish he was something like a Rasta where drugs are actually used spiritually and not someone just out to use the law to get high.

But, he isn't doing this to embarrass or diminish the legitimacy of any actual religion, only to embarrass and diminish the legitimacy of the legislators.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Whatever makes you feel good while you're high (and mighty).

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Finally a religion i can agree with ...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm waiting to join the Church of the Shroom.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I look forward to seeing more walking vegetables smoked beyond the point of retardation with bloodshot red eyes, when they pass this stuff in Ohio soon.

I work with the public, F my life.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Interesting that 11 of the 12 commandments are about treating others as you would like to be treated and only the 12th commandment is actually about cannabis; and even then, the reason is spiritual - it's used to relax the body and feel peaceful with others.

Ironically, this cannabis religion seems to follow God's Law, despite what the religious may say:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:12

edit on 31-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

but i enjoy getting wasted and spouting rubbish on the net.

Church sucks.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

At the moment, I consider myself agnostic. To me, science is beauty, beauty is subjective. I'm actually fine with believing in both a divine god or the possibility that we just personify scientific creation as God. I'm still growing.

I believe there is reason for this plant in our lives. You can benefit from it in moderation, but can certainly live your life without it.

I have an extremely hard time falling asleep. I've removed all stimulants from my diet and still...

This was the ONLY thing I found that helped ease me into sleep comfortably while enjoying it's effects. I wake up refreshed without any "hangover"

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

but i enjoy getting wasted and spouting rubbish on the net.

Church sucks.

One man's rubbish is anothers treasure. You could be speaking profoundly and not even know it.

When it comes to church, do what others do. Blend in for an hour or two, come home and crack a beer.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
LMAO ... back to the truth - "you must heal the body before you can heal the heart".

This holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs. The ancient anointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture.

patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com...
edit on 1-4-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I'm waiting to join the Church of the Shroom.

This sort of thing would certainly have the potential to be undeniably a legitimate spiritual sacrament. I look forward to that sort of movement gaining traction. Those sorts of things are the most universal and ancient form of spirituality. There could be no denying the reality of the spiritual yet existential experiences of such a movement, and really it should be protected spiritual practice. I hope someone really does make a go at that, a sincere effort.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Many find that "getting high" with cannibus is a very spiritual experience. Its the kids who dont know any better who are misusing it, but many of them grow up to realize the spiritual aspect of it.

Marijuana is ok, but if you want a spiritual experience you really need something with natural agents in it. I won't bother naming the carrier products, but certainly Carlos Costanada seemed to be on the right track ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/3.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis You forgot the 13th commandment " thou shall not bogart thy joint"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I believe it's sincere.
It's also technically a religion.
It's sincerly been my religion for ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join