It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Who do you want as the next President of the United States

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: rebelv
I was sooooo tempted to pick 'some random person not on the list'
but, I was told that would be throwing my vote away,

Maybe not. I have an idea.

Would love to read it, because being an independent party,
no one I vote for ever wins anyways, so I'm starting to wonder
what is the point of voting in a two party system.

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Such a conundrum

What to do when a political figure is a member? When is an opinion a personal attack?

My take on J. Ventura:

He is a Democrat. He just likes to call himself an Independent (it sounds better to the masses). Just as SeAL is more palatable than UDT (to the masses).

I am a combat elitist. That is a personal short coming on my part and I accept it for good or ill (mostly ill).

Mr. Ventura knows the difference between a "combat veteran" and a "wartime veteran" and depends on the typical civilian to not know the difference. He uses this lack of understanding to bully people with shouted insults of "have you ever served in war? I have", knowing that although he served in a time of war he never served in combat.

His time during the war was spent in the south Pacific with UDT and not in theater.

Why does Jesse walk so much? He doesn't have a CAR

This serves two functions and is the reason that I loathe the man to no end.

One - it allows him to ride upon the honor earned by better men. Regardless of anyone's thoughts/feelings about war, America cherishes her veterans. Jesse knows that and "alludes" to this and always hints and skirts and uses innuendo about his service (nudge nudge, wink wink) he never states "when I was in Nam" because he knows he would be caught in a lie at that point. So he walks upon the shoulders of dead men to attain the heights he could not achieve with his own fortitude.

Two - it allows him to wash his hands of crimes. He can stand back at any time things get too thick and say "I wasn't there/ I didn't do those things" because as he never served in theater he is not guilty of the heinous acts that are often attributed to soldiers in war.

He has a cowards heart and is a hypocrite of the highest order.

Perhaps I will lose my account for writing these things. Perhaps I will draw the flames of his sycophants. Regardless they need to be said. As a combat veteran I will pay for all that I have done one day (or I won't, we'll see). I can honestly say from now until then that I was there where the bullets flew, where the rubber met the road, where the action was. All Jesse can do is continue to drop his little innuendo and bully civilians with his "I served, did you?"

"I'll post my DD214 Mr. Ventura, will you?

Come on America, no more personality votes. KNOW who you are voting for this time. Not their soundbites, not their wardrobe, not their party affiliation. You have time. Research

It doesn't matter if Ventura was an actual combat vet or a UDT, he served his country in a time of war. Do you think an actual combat vet should be given preferential treatment over a vet who isn't a combat vet? I think not. IMO, Ventura is a better choice than another screwball Bush criminal or a Clinton.

Any veteran that served their country should get bragging rights if they want. A non combat veteran has to put up with the same crap as a combat veteran except they don't have to actually kill people or be shot at.
edit on 1-4-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I'd vote for you even though I disagree with your stance on Ukraine. The globalists want Ukraine to antagonize Russia it would seem.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Any veteran has the right to brag about being a veteran. You are right about that. No "wartime vet" should ever bully or call a civilian out on a combat record. If PVT Snuffy served in Texas during the Iraq war why would he think he should ever call out another man about the "war"? They both have the same amount of combat experience. Jesse constantly bullies civilians with this BS line.

Do I think there should be preferential treatment? Did I say anything like that? I said I was a combat elitist and I recognized it as a personal shortcoming. I didn't ask for nor request any special treatment.

However, that being said, I and many like me will demand what we have earned. Mr Ventura skirts the laws. He has no CAR (Combat Action Ribbon), that is why there is always innuendo and winks rather than answers. He cannot be pinned down for fear of "Theft of Valor".

A non combat veteran has to put up with the same crap as a combat veteran except they don't have to actually kill people or be shot at.

If you honestly believe that, you are the type of person Mr. Ventura depends on and you really do not understand the deprivations of an actual combat deployment.

You think because a person served in the military they should be able to say/claim/brag about whatever they want?

edit on 1-4-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Rand Paul is 52 not 62 years old.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is kind of a moot point poll, reason being the one person who could never win is who everyone at ATS has a following for, Rand Paul.

And they don't even know why...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Jon Stewart - come on Jon you know you want to. Imagine the burns from the podium on a presidential address and it is about time someone in office acknowledged US politics is a joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sometimes I think, how would an advanced alien race on another planet live?
They would probably have supreme technology for all their citizens, food water and housing for all their citizens, and everyone in the world would work at differing times during the week at their given crafts to ensure that society kept functioning. Then when everyone was done working at weeks end there would be recreational time. Although the die hards would probably work all week to ensure that things kept moving forward and remained functional, even if there were no additional benefit to working more.

I suppose this is type of a utopian dream of a society that we could have if our society wasn't insane. And its unrealistic in this type of world where people aren't satisfied with a roof over their head and a few nice gadgets, they want a 30 thousand sq foot house and 50 acres of land and 5 cars, etc.

I'm okay with a small house, computer, internet, TV, food, water, bathroom, and a few good books. I guess I'm crazy.
edit on 4/1/2015 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: acehigh91
No surprise that rand paul is running away with the lead. No disrespect to any other candidate but he's probably the only real legit one, the rest are globalist corrupt dirt bags.
You obviously do not know what you are talking about...Ted Cruz is the only Constitutional, pro American, anti globalist in the bunch...Do some research on the candidates...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

It’s not easy to absolutely erase a hard drive. Hillary obviously employed an expert here because you need special software to do that and expertise.

Computer armatures don’t know how to do it or don’t even know that one can easily recover formatted drives files

Hillary likely had her drives erased by a professional who has the know how and software to do it

She ain't getting caught on that!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: acehigh91
No surprise that rand paul is running away with the lead. No disrespect to any other candidate but he's probably the only real legit one, the rest are globalist corrupt dirt bags.
You obviously do not know what you are talking about...Ted Cruz is the only Constitutional, pro American, anti globalist in the bunch...Do some research on the candidates...

Ted Cruz came within a minute of crashing the entire worlds economy, out of principal over a pissing match with Obama on food stamps.

You can put everything else aside, that man does not have the stability necessary for a person who can order a nuclear strike.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Liz Warren would get my vote if it actually mattered.But as we all know it doesn't. You can pull that lever and touch that screen all y'all want and it won't make any difference.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You missed off the Mayor of London... Boris Johnson, I'm sure he said he was going to run at some point in the future.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk Well,we certainly can't do any worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I have never heard Jesse Ventura state he,"fought in Vietnam", only that he is a US Navy SEAL. If Jesse Ventura runs as an Independent, he will more than likely get my vote. I won't vote for him because of his military service. I will vote for him because its a change from the two party system in the USA. IMO, elections are won by the party that can grease the most palms.

Ventura probably will either not run or won't be able to compete with the corporate monetary backing that the dominating two parties will have.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
As we approach what is certain to be the most politically contentious campaign season anyone has ever seen, it's time to get the thoughts of ATS members and visitors on the long list of potential names that have been floating around these past few weeks.

Below is a poll that contains all the known Republican and Democrat politicians current considered among those who have at least indicated exploratory committees. As well as what known third party candidates I could find.

So, if someone tied your hands to a voting booth and said you must pick one of these before your hands are untied, who would you pick?

Cool Looks like Cruz is in the running! Oddly ANYONE no matter how die hard left you are that would vote for Hillary must be blind. deaf, or just plain dumb! Do you really want another Alinsky liar in chief?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

I'm conflicted with Ventura. I used to really like him and he did a good job as govenor but some of his recent moves like leaving the US, his son going to RT, and so on make me feel like he has turned his back on the country. Also, he has flirted with the idea of running and then backed out one too many times for me.

Also, while I don't hold this against him as much, after his AMA here I came away with a lot less respect for him. When asked about conspiracy theories and why he asks about them but doesn't follow through, or his diverse resume his response was simply "I'm an entertainer". I'll take him at face value on that, an entertainer is just a distraction.

If he ran I may still vote for him simply because of his lack of party affiliation, but it would be a tough sell.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'd much rather go with the lottery system where every voter's name is placed in a barrel and names are drawn out for candidates. Current and former office holders would be excluded. Five names would be drawn for each open office. The selected candidates would have 30 days and 5 TV appearances to convince the people to vote for them.
My contention is that we could substantially improve the condition of government if we just drafted a bunch of average citizens and sent them off to take care of business for 4 years. Your average Joe or Jane wouldn't have all the inside info on how to milk the system so the corruption would drop like a stone.
But before we could do that we would have to ban political parties and I think those flying elephants will appear before that happens.
So I'll continue to vote for the third party candidates available. I've run as a third party candidate and it's not an easy road.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Who do I want? My little Pug. I think more would get accomplished for the nation.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I'd much rather go with the lottery system where every voter's name is placed in a barrel and names are drawn out for candidates. Current and former office holders would be excluded. Five names would be drawn for each open office. The selected candidates would have 30 days and 5 TV appearances to convince the people to vote for them.
My contention is that we could substantially improve the condition of government if we just drafted a bunch of average citizens and sent them off to take care of business for 4 years. Your average Joe or Jane wouldn't have all the inside info on how to milk the system so the corruption would drop like a stone.
But before we could do that we would have to ban political parties and I think those flying elephants will appear before that happens.
So I'll continue to vote for the third party candidates available. I've run as a third party candidate and it's not an easy road.

This would actually increase corruption. People who are faster to learn the system would run circles around those who are slower to learn the system. This would provide massive advantage for the new elite to exploit everyone else. It would also create a fairly corrupt election process as those who don't want the job (public life isn't for everyone) would leverage their influence and even their candidacy in exchange for political favors from the people who do want to win.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join