It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"NSA Shooting" - Doctored Image?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'd be surprised if this incident hasn't already been posted, but this looks off. The hoarding just doesn't look right, not in the slightest. The overall decal and blurring is horrendously inconsistent. Seriously, I could do a better job than that with MSPaint.

Source: BBC

edit on 30th March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

where is this photo from? NM, damn last minute edits!

edit on 30-3-2015 by Autorico because: OP edited in source

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

More info.

The C.S.S. thing appears phony but what's the story? Gotta link?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It's just a depth of field issue from a telephoto lens.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
link is broken at the moment.
fixed, thanks op

edit on 30-3-2015 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not a whole lot of info yet, but here's what there saying so far

Nevermind my link wasn't working either, but it's up on the main page of drudge report
drudgereport.com...
edit on 30-3-2015 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The C.S.S. plaque was probably added at a later date than the other two, hence the disconnect. If it were a doctored photo it would be harder to see the line between it. It is RIDICULOUSLY easy to blend two different colors together in photoshop. If one went through all the effort to insert and skew a plaque of the C.S.S. into the photo and neglected to remove the line from his edit... Well, that person has no business near photoshop.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm not following you. Can you point out what it is you see in this photo? Thanks.

link   
There's reflections on the motor, anyone know exactly where this is? Maybe we could use google maps to check the reflections match up!

link   
Yeah, seems like the BBCode has changed. Sorry about that, should be good now.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Ft. Meade, Maryland.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The C.S.S. plaque was probably added at a later date than the other two, hence the disconnect. If it were a doctored photo it would be harder to see the line between it. It is RIDICULOUSLY easy to blend two different colors together in photoshop. If one went through all the effort to insert and skew a plaque of the C.S.S. into the photo and neglected to remove the line from his edit... Well, that person has no business near photoshop.

AGree it would be easy, but there's PLENTY of shopped pics prsented by the media that are extremely badly shopped.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Let me fix that for you...

www.washingtonpost.com...

This part of the URL bold can safely be removed, it's just for SOE...

officials-respond-to-incident-at-nsa-on-fort-meade-campus

edit on 30th March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Then I would say that these "doctorers" should be fired. Even a basic understanding of photo editing will prevent mistakes like I described. I still contend there is no doctoring here, but rather another plaque was added before or after the other two.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow, that didn't take long.
Now point out all the fake actors before someone else.
And you beat thesmokingman to it so cheers

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Then I would say that these "doctorers" should be fired. Even a basic understanding of photo editing will prevent mistakes like I described. I still contend there is no doctoring here, but rather another plaque was added before or after the other two.

Not realy disputing that this photo may be genuine, just saying that poor "doctoring" does happen, alot! I remember the photo that was in all the media when the london bombings happened, it showed a person walking past a window, the reflection in the window showed the front view of that person, it should have shown their back. That photo was plastered all over the media!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Looks OK to me, not sure what you are seeing.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is the sign from a few different angles.

This photo wasn't doctored. The C.S.S. plaque is genuinely a lighter shade of blue.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Fair enough. Maybe it's my just my wonky eyes after having not slept for 36 hours.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Poor journalism from BBC I gotta say, their picture does look messed up. That, what you posted there, is crystal-clear. Case closed, and thanks for the input because I started asking serious questions...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join