It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Netanyahu or Putin? Which is most exposed/islotaed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
In light of the 100-0 Senate vote on the Iranian agreement-

www.reuters.com...

The message is sent to the Administration that any Iranian agreement is in deep trouble.

All three of these guys seem to be squirming to different degrees and reasons. Besides squirming, they also have in common being nuclear powers...That's the point of this thread. Not a who did what to whom, rather the potential instablity we face-haven't even mentioned NK-
and who is in the worse position, politically and internationally?

I believe the heat just got turned down a tad on Netanyahu with the Saudi announcement wanting nuclear power/weapons. Also, Putin's intimidation factor just dropped a few notches with the announcement that their order for the PAK-FA fighter had dropped to 12 planes. That low a number has zero military application as far as leverage goes and is a far cry from the chest pounding that the PAK-FA would be superior to the F-22.

All three have had set-backs.

I don't think I'd want any of their jobs.

How 'unstable' is this situation and who's the worse off??
edit on 30-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well......

Putin is flashier than a rat with a gold tooth!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'd say Netanyahu. No one likes Israel, not even her so-called closest ally. And she's a tiny country surrounded by regimes that would like nothing better than to perpetrate her genocide.

Then I'd say Obama. His foreign policy approach has been some kind of ham-handed idea of "fair" where "fair" means treating our traditional allies no better then our traditional enemies and our traditional enemies like our friends. That and the rest of the world has his measure and sees him for the weak leader he is, but he has the isulation of a very large and still reasonably wealthy country with a large military.

Then Putin. Putin is anything but weak, and he knows how to play foreign policy chess with the best of them. He is also busy making alliances in the world.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Honestly I would watch the Saudi announcement wanting nuclear power/weapons. In the scheme of things I think .....just watch the Saudi's.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting. I'd agree with the Obama take fully.

I'd reverse the Putin and Netanyahu positions, though.

The U.S. stance on Israel is actually Obama's stance. Both houses see it differently. That creates the opening for Netanyahu to rope-a-dope until the next president is elected.

Also, the Saudi announcement might take some of Obama's heat off of Israel for a while.

I agree on Putin except that persistent rumor of 20 Billion high-jacked from the Russian Treasury that's supposed to be sitting in some account somewhere. If that one is even partially true, then Putin has no 'out' and must be squirming big time.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Of the 3, Obama is the most exposed and isolated from the other branches of government.

Putin and Netanyahu seem to have the support of their respective governments in general.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

I'm betting it's, at least , a partial ploy to gut the Iranian-U.S. negotiations. If it doesn't work...then I'd watch out for the Saudis....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not so sure on the Judicial...LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The problem with that is that Obama more or less has the willing complicity of the bureaucracy which may be far more power than anyone has reckoned on.

Does it matter what laws Congress passes and the SCOTUS rules on if the bureaucracy just continues to follow the directives of the phone and pen?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point. "I'm just following orders".....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Obama is a weak President compared to all other Presidents but he is not exposed because our allies have not abandoned him yet.
Jun 30 will tell, that is the deadline for the Iran Nuke deal, or Armageddon day. If his negotiating team comes away looking like suckers then our allies will lose faith in Europe and begin to arm themselves to the teeth in the face of Putin's aggression. Why would they trust him to use any leverage on their behalf with Putin, who is the puppetmaster of the Ayatollahs down in Iran?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I would say Putin honestly.

His economy is in the crapper. At some point he isn't going to be able to use the american booby man anymore, and propaganda doesn't fill stomachs.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem with that is that Obama more or less has the willing complicity of the bureaucracy which may be far more power than anyone has reckoned on.

Does it matter what laws Congress passes and the SCOTUS rules on if the bureaucracy just continues to follow the directives of the phone and pen?

That is a very good point.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

That's my guess, as well.

All the while China is sitting back real quite and reaping the benefits of cheap oil....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Netanyahu is despised by mostly everyone, but the Republicans did everything to keep him in power, even by putting him on stage, and on TV, in Washington, right before going to poll - something that is generally frowned upon for all foreign leaders seeking re-election. The Democrats were rightly justified to have been rather pissed off at that.

Obama is in his "lame duck" period, as are all second-term presidents at this stage, so he really doesn't even deserve to be on this list.

Putin is hardly exposed or isolated. He is a hardened politician, with an approval rate of more than 80%. And I can tell you that these figures are genuine, regardless of how the media claims otherwise.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Meduzi because: I type like a dolt.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

Can't argue your logic.

The only point I'd question is the 80% number. Any poll from a traditionally paranoid populace will say the 'right things'. Much like the 75% approval ratings in the Crimea. I just can't swallow them. Putin has his support, I grant you, jsu how much? I don't know...I doubt anyone really does.

As the other poster noted, if the bellies start shrinking in Russia...Bye, Bye support.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I know this because we talk about this often. I live in the UK, but my family are Russian, (I'm also the son of a Soviet). When in Russia over Xmas, again we all spoke about this, and, whereas there are many vocal "antis" the greatest majority support him. I'm no Putin "fan boy" but the support is genuine.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In their own countries;

Obama
Netanyahu
Then Putin

By the world stage;

Putin
Netanyahu
Then Obama

By the people;

Netanyahu
Putin & Obama level

By me personally;

Netanyahu
Obama
Then Putin

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

I will take your word for it then.

edit on 30-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Your post has interesting implications...LOL

Could you clarify the difference between the 'world stage' and the 'people', please?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join