It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern day parents just get worse.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is exactly the type of thing I refer to when I reference the downfall of patenting standards emerging from modern society...

My four year old tells me what to do.

My daughters a fussy eater and she'd east this crap all day if I let her but we have rules and boundaries. She'd starve before putting away three of those in a row.

edit on 30-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A while back a saw some website somewhere where some woman asked mothers to post photos and explanation of their kids' strange eating habits. Some people thought it was funny. I thought it was disgusting.

Mothers essentially confessing to being slaves and maids to their stupid kids' whims. If I ever told my mother "I"m not eating that," the best I could have hoped for was going hungry. I solid whooping would have been just as likely.

And I'm thankful for it.

This is just proof that we have been too long circumventing the process of natural selection.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
solid whooping would have been just as likely.

And I'm thankful for it.

This is just proof that we have been too long circumventing the process of natural selection.

Yep, this.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Easily solved…you serve 3 meals a day and if they don't want to eat them they don't have to. However there is no other meals till the next scheduled one. I used to be picky too as a youngster, but I was sent to a few boarding school type places where I had no meal choice I either ate or went hungry. I changed my tune real fast once I found out I didn't like to be hungry and no one cared that I didn't like something. Parents just need to stop being so soft hearted all the time…it won't hurt your child to let them not eat if they don't want to. They won't starve they will eventually just eat what's there.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I was raised on moose steak for breakfast and damned well ate it all...or else.

My sister decided that all of a sudden she was allergic to moose meat after eating it 4-5 times per week. Dad told her it was beef and she loved it.

Nothing to do with spoiled kids these days but it just came back to me.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I've said it before and I'll say it again....to be a parent it should be obligatory to take at least one written test and to be able to prove you are capable of being a good responsible parent. There should also be a disclaimer to sign saying you will take full financial responsibility for ALL costs involved in their upbringing.

I'm fed up living in a world with other people's selfish brats and forced to actually pay taxes to support them.

The little girl in the article will probably grow up with an entitlement mentality and leave a trail of destroyed hearts in her wake. Time for a reality check and a lecture to her mother me thinks. Hopefully, the article will shame some common sense into her.

Flame me and my opinions, but enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone else caught the line near the bottom of the article that suggests a correlation between extreme selective eating and autism?

"This seems more extreme than the girl just being fussy and often we find the most extreme eaters tend to be on the autistic spectrum."

I did a quick search and it seems like selective eating IS often seen in patients with autism.

While I agree that many parents today are lacking, we have to remember that we might not always have the entire story in a given situation. Especially when the situation is presented through mainstream media.

Maybe this mom needs to set rules and boundaries and tell her kid to eat what she's given. OR maybe this is a more complicated situation that hasn't yet been fully illustrated (or diagnosed?).

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

People who want to adopt have multiple hoops to jump through, and yet there are few standards for people who are able to get pregnant.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I know how you feel about people proving they are capable, but thats a very slippery slope!

The problem is we've abandoned food education in schools!
When I was at school it was called Domestic Science, and we were taught about the properties of food and how to cook it etc, I (a male) often arrived home from school with a meal for the whole familly that I'd prepared in school!
We need to go back to that system, the one where we educate people rather than dumb them down so that the state can say "See, people dont know how to be parents WE MUST CONTROL THEM"

As for the girl in the op, take away that junk food, when she's hungry she'll eat ANYTHING!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As someone in the middle of breaking a youngin' off of "kid food" and hopefully toward more adult food, it can be darn annoying to have the kid happily sample and chow down on all the ingredients and then turn his nose up at the finished product and demand a hot dog. But that didn't stop us from insisting he either eat his nice grilled, spice rubbed pork chop, fresh salad with homemade dressing and beans or go to bed without. Eventually, he'll get the idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

So true. And i'm not even talking about people that should be dead but alive thanks to some modern healthcare treatments ... (which i have nothing against)
What have we come to ?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

I personally think autism is a term being thrown around way too much lately. It's the new ADD. Not that there aren't people who have these disorders, it's just that it seems to be a blanket term.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've a feeling this story is bs propaganda for clicks, comments and hits...

No parent would keep giving her the sugar pots overt and over and over.

Almost certainly UK tabloid style hit generator none story. Raised some good replies but not really a worthy OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: MojaveBurning

I personally think autism is a term being thrown around way too much lately. It's the new ADD. Not that there aren't people who have these disorders, it's just that it seems to be a blanket term.

I agree. And like you said, doesn't mean there aren't people who actually have the disorder.

link   
My kids: I'm not eating that.
Another adult: I'm telling your mother.
My kids: My mom's vegan, she wouldn't eat that either.

That's actually happened. We heard it in the next room. We were all laughing and its apparently exactly what I say and how i say it. Its all my fault.

link   
a reply to: jude11

My mother used to tell me that Brussels sprouts were "baby lettuce".

She was the David Copperfield of getting me to do things I didn't want to.

If I ate all my dinner I was allowed two Oreos.

She was also the reason they invented Alpha-Bit cereal without marshmallows.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Really? I think some people can be this bad. Look at the BooBoo clan and their preoccupation with "marannaise" and "marannaise sammiches."

Just consider the number of large size jars of mayonnaise you see in this clip ... at least four by my count, and Mama keeps saying she's afraid of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Yes, we've been using Jell-O jigglers. He has space themed molds and gets to help make them. Then he has to actually eat some of everything in order to get one for his dessert.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How about this link...

Mom gives daughter to drug dealer for heroin....Link...she basically pimps out her 11 year old daughter for sex to get some drugs...bail set a 5 million...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ever watch "Honey Boo Boo"?

Children services will take away children from homes for all KINDS of crazy reasons that do NOT fall within the Progressive agenda, but stories like this one is pimped out by the psychological community as a "deeper problem" that needs to be addressed!

I got news for ya! All children push the issue of what they WANT to eat. I am so glad I am from the old school where if I didn't eat what my mother prepared I was sent to my room, (which DID NOT have a TV, a video game system etc etc.) and had to think about how disrespectful I was for not eating what my father had worked hard to provide our family!

Big Pharm is making out like a bandit on all of these so called "psychological" issues! NOPE! BEHAVIORAL ISSUES!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join