It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pack of Stray Dogs Stand Guard at Animal Lover's Funeral

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A woman who spent her life caring for stray dogs received an unexpected -- and surprising -- tribute from the animals when she died. At the funeral for Margarita Suárez in Cuernavaca Morelos, Mexico, there was a pack of stray dogs who came inside the funeral home to stand guard.

abcnews.go.com...

Just had to post this.... speechless is a good word.
edit on R252015-03-30T14:25:51-05:00k253Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome. This goes to show that animals are people too, they have emotions just like we do. They have souls that are just as "complete" as ours.

S&F

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Dogs know...They just know.

Jude11
edit on 30-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

They are called Mans(and Womens)best friend for a reason-because its true.

Reminded me of this tearjerker from a while back,the dog who attends mass every day waiting for his human Mum,whose funeral was held at the same church:

Warning-you may cry if you read the link.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It doesn't surprise me that Tommy is a German Shepherd-They redefine the meanings of loyalty and bond between man and beast.

edit on 30/3/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Dogs are people too!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
From the article:
"My mom has always been good with all animals and people," Urrutia said. "Always fed the dogs on her block and the 20 stray cats that lived there."

Oh, kitties... Where are YOU? Kitty PR opportunity lost.

Dogs are outstanding.

Great story, thanks for posting it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Heartwarming story.

Thanks for sharing, S&F.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Now you see this stuff just kills me.

S and F

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This story while endearing is also potentially educational. To say that the dogs felt more than just the bond of being given food but a more so emotional appreciation for what she was doing. Research of late explores and shares that companion animals are more similar to us then ever noted before.

Cats have been known to more similarly as well - "Loyal Italian Cat, Toldo, Brings Gifts To Owner's Grave "

A loyal cat has been bringing his owner small gifts everyday in a show of affection. The catch? The cat's owner has been dead for over a year. Meet Toldo -- a cute, 3-year-old black and white cat living in Montagnana, northern Italy. According to the Corriere Fiorentino, Toldo has been visiting his owner -- Iozzelli Renzo, who died on September 22, 2011, aged 71 -- every day for the past year and leaving small presents at the grave.

Source
Pics included and of a dog visiting their passed away owner's grave.

edit on 30-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't mean to be a party pooper but something seems a bit off with this story. I might have believed it if the dogs were the same dogs that she cared for but in the article it states the funeral was held many miles away from where she lived and the dogs were not the same stray dogs she cared for. So am I supposed to believe that these dogs received some sort of telepathic message from their dog brethren to let them know they should attend this womens funeral? I am willing to believe a lot of things, but come on...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Actually, there is another story on here, about a fellow in china(?) that kicked a dog at another location, and when he got home, different dogs attacked his car. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is
I for one think there is just too much we don't know about animals. Dogs in particular.

Great story op, thanks for sharing.
edit on 31-3-2015 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Ok that is pretty damn impressive. Those dogs must have been intelligent enough to not only seek revenge for their friend, but to realize that the car was owned by the man and that the man would be very angry if they damaged his car. My only question is, did the dog he kick get up and go find some friends he could return with, or was there some type of telepathic communication involved. My guess is it went and got some friends using more traditional methods.
edit on 1/4/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join