It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Got Bad Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I ran across Elizabeth Warren's book cover today at work, and I have to say ... she got some bad advice on her cover photo choices. This is her cover photo:

She looks like she's going through that phase little kids hit where they think it's funny to simply bare their teeth rather than smile. It doesn't look like the smile is touching her eyes at all. Now I know that I have seen better photos of Warren running around where she looks natural and warm and not like a dried up zombie about to take a bite out of me ... with blue eyes.

For contrast, let's take a look at some other prominent Democrat ladies on book covers.

Here's HRC. Call me crazy, but I actually don't find Clinton's smile to be all that bad, and it looks good on this cover. What I can't stand about her is her laugh, and I'm sure she's had coaching to keep that under wraps. But she looks pretty good on this cover. She's on several book covers, and while this isn't my favorite one, it is my favorite with her smiling. And it's the smile we're comparing.

And here's Michelle. Out of her book covers, this one also isn't maybe technically the prettiest, but I think it's the warmest and most natural. I actually do like Michelle's smile when she let's it go. It's a LOT better than what we see on Warren's cover.

I don't know what happened with Warren's cover, but it looks like the kind of image the media would pick to run with a story on a Republican.
It's like she got Palined on her own book. She's going to need to come up with a more natural smile if she's going to run for President.

I know we should all focus on the issues, but studies also show the ones who can connect the best on a personal level tend to make the cut. I don't connect with that smile. I do connect much more with Hillary and Michelle ... too bad they ruin it when they get into talking policy!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Meh. She doesn't look like she's thinking about herself, like Hillary does, she looks like she's engaged in conversation and interested in what's being said. She looks like she's agreeably "thinking" about what someone is saying to her.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is it possible...you could pick 3 of the worst women on the planet.......yep!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
Is it possible...you could pick 3 of the worst women on the planet.......yep!

I did it on purpose. It's well known I don't agree with anything any of the three does, so I wanted to try to show I was being objective. I honestly felt a little sorry for her. That is a bad picture. I don't care who you are.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Meh. She doesn't look like she's thinking about herself, like Hillary does, she looks like she's engaged in conversation and interested in what's being said. She looks like she's agreeably "thinking" about what someone is saying to her.

I went and looked at some images. She looks best when she's not smiling. There are some pretty good pictures of her looking serious.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well a quick google image search shows that she is consistent with that smile, not sure what you would like her to do.

Would rather she a natural smile then some one faking it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's what I said above. She's best when she's not smiling. There are better pictures of her when she's serious.

I like this one for example.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Just to compare/contrast. . .

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I for one think she looks welcoming with the smile, but to each there own.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just to compare/contrast. . .

It's not her smile that makes her hot...it's her large American Breasts. She knows how to dress for positive effect imo.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I mean, the thing is ... If Warren is going to run for President, she's going to have to do a lot of media. I didn't realize that this was her real smile. I was sure I'd seen some other media pics of her smiling. She's going to have to work really hard with her PR group to find a look she can use to connect and look warm. Or she could take the Thatcher route and simply try to look like a stern and uncompromising Iron Lady type. There are some good images of her doing that although she has to be careful not to verge into angry territory. I've seen some of those, too.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I really don't care how pretty our elected leaders are or how well they can fake a smile for a photo op.

I suspect most people feel as I do or Palin would be our vice president right now.

Or maybe I'm missing the point here...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah, I didn't bring any Republicans up because I didn't to get into partisan debate. But it's easy to find bad shots of Republicans.

Here's Mia Love. Not sure what the source is.

Nikki Haley via NBC.

Carly Fiorina a la HuffPo.

However, all the ladies I started with were from their own book covers. Presumably, they had control over the shots used.

This is what happens to Palin when she has some control over the media image.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

The simple point is that Warren chose this picture.

Is it a shallow thread? Yes. But I just can't get over how you have control of how you are presented on your own book cover and this is the picture you choose.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Ahh Okay,

Well I am a musician and my favorite songs I wrote are not the one's my friends like.
If I pic what I think is my best picture my girlfriend will tell me I'm wrong and that this other one is best.

So if she chose it maybe she has the same issue as me....

I'm sure if she runs she will surround herself with a staff that does their best to present her in a flattering light.

new topics

top topics

join