It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latitude 40.07

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Uhm....I think you might want to take a look at some of the locations...because not all of them are located at Lat. 40.07

For example, the Hindenburg disaster took place at Lakehurst, NJ, Lat. 40.0

Madrid Train bombings happened at Lat. 40.4

Kobe Earthquake: 34.59 (not even close)

WTC is at 40.7 not 40.07

The Sumatra/Tsunami Quake epicenter was located at 3.31..nowhere NEAR 40 degrees latitude. Even the areas impacted by the quake and tsunami were no where near 40 Lat (north or south).

ST107 did NOT even fly over Eureka, CA....it passed between Cloverdale and Santa Rosa, Lat. about 38.3.....

I'm stopping there.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks for your input - also, if you read what I wrote you would find that I did note the WTC appear to be located at 40.7, not 40.07.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sumatra is nowhere near Latitude 40.07. The quake's epicentre was actually 3.316 degrees N and 95.854 degrees E. If you want to confirm these details you can get them on the USGS website HERE.

As for the Kobe earthquake, the epicentre was 34.58 degrees N and 135.01 degrees E. Getting closer to 40-odd degrees (Nth) but still no cigar. Again, you can confirm this on the USGS website HERE.

Whoever compiled that list clearly has absolutely no clue of world geography. Placing Sumatra on the same latitude as Japan is just laughable. Just a quick look at Google Earth would show how far apart they are.

On that basis, I'd suspect that some of the other items on the list may be way off as well, so I'm glad you've put this "theory" up for scrutiny. It looks like a case of someone coming up with an idea, throwing in a few invented "facts" to back it up then seeing who's ignorant enough to fall for it. Obviously you didn't.
(No sarcasm. I mean it.)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Well, it would appear that this is a bunk theory at this point.

On to the next mystery I suppose

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If it makes you feel better, with the amount of humans on this planet, covering so much of it, and of course the amount of natural disasters that have happened, if you went back far enough, and picked any latitude, I'm sure that one could find many different things that happened at that latitude, especially since it goes all the way around the world.

The kicker would be if it was always the same lat and long. That would be something. Or within the same area (Bermuda Triangle anyone?).

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: aboutface

On Google Earth, Woodstock is as close as one can get to 47.07

Just saying.

Nothing unusual ever happens at Woodstock either.

I heard they held a concert there once, but it was inconsequential, no major bands showed up and nobody talks about it anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
So longitude plays no part?

Interesting.

If it was latitude and longitude then all of these events would have taken place at the exact same location. That would be extremely noticeable and said location might be abandoned lol. But erictheawful seems to have debunked this 40.7 theory anyway.

OP: i heard an interesting theory about states that have the death penalty and certain latitudes. Something about human sacrifice. You may be interested to look into that if you haven't heard about it.
edit on 3/30/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: I did not take into consideration north and south latitudes, so instead of only one location, it would be 2. Still very noticeable.
edit on 3/30/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Only issue with that being the magnetic field lines run north/south, and latitude runs east/west.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join